Author Topic: what to buy?  (Read 3381 times)

Offline TOM SAVAGE

what to buy?
« on: October 04, 2007, 05:35:33 PM »
Hi everyone i am going to get some form of jumpers but which ones?

so far ive seen flyjumpers-£180
                    projumers-£135
and then theres the chance that someone has put some on ebay.
then there are powerisers which i haven't even looked at yet.
but the question is do the higher prices mean better quality? because on the flyjumper video it is a bit dull and its basicaly just running but i intend on doing flips
there is also the problem of me only having £100, but projump does not have my weight in stock so what should i do???
if we stop bouncing, gravity wins!

Offline XS

Re: what to buy?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 06:12:55 PM »
the only difference from the flyjumpers and projumps is the name on them, some companies have longer warranty than others, projumps is 28 days last i checked, other companies are longer, but they sell the same stilts.  I don't know how much they like us talking about other brands on here, but they're more expensive, and you generally get what you pay for, so powerisers will cost you more, and last longer, same with 7's

Dark Knight

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 06:15:25 PM »
There's nothing wrong with pro-jump that's why we've brought them !?
New stock are coming very soon and once you've got the order in they take day's to come.
There are others but pro-jumps are worth the money but which ever you buy it's worth buying ( or rather you should buy ) safety pads. They also sell on this site so to get kitted out and bocking would cost around £150 .  8)

Running and bouncing great fun   ;D ..... flips not for me  :-\
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 06:17:16 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline TOM SAVAGE

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 06:39:54 PM »
thanks for replying but i have a few more questions:
do i REALLY need pads (i would always wear a helmet) or is it like rollerblading where the fall only normally results in a scratch or graze?

also i was wondering if my experience on blades and ice skating will give an advantage on pro-jumpers, im no athlete but i an o.k on blades.

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 07:11:50 PM »
werd u live btw i know a guy called tom savage  just wonderd if it was the same one

Offline TOM SAVAGE

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 07:24:40 PM »
stockton-on-tees i doubt uve herd of it lyk im 14 and go 2 ramsey if it helps

Offline TOM SAVAGE

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 07:55:14 PM »
but anyway back to the point of this forum:

the extra £50 has got 2 b there 4 a reason there must be something extra

so by the looks of it i will have £135 soon ;D but ill keep saving until i can get my size available(which i will be finding out this weekend wen i go 2 get contact lenses :o) oh yeah one more thing is the force of the bounce enough to knock my glasses off my head , i know it sounds silly but i just wanna make sure.

oh yeah: and pro-jump.co.uk don't see this as advertising because it isn't im just confised about all the amkes and brands and stuff.

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2007, 08:14:32 PM »
Hi and welcome Tom.

A  no probs with glasses , Ive just been out bouncing on mine 4 a couple of hours no probs. Dunno about doing flips with them on -cos I cant do um. But doubt it would be a problem.

B Flyjumpers, pro-jumps are both made by the same company in China as r poweriZers. They are ALL the same. Honest

C Why the price difference? i individual retails choose their price ii as mentioned some places come with a longer gaurentee ( or simila spillin) iii it may also be that some importer have a bigger share of the market and buy larger quantities so get lower prices from China

D Helmet prob least needed of safty wear  1st wristees   but Id say get knee and elbow too ---yes I know its more money

Offline TOM SAVAGE

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 04:12:05 PM »
thanks for the reply but just one more question.....

whats the name of the song on the video on the homepage?

Offline TOM SAVAGE

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2007, 01:06:26 PM »
ok i should have 135 quid in about a week so does eny1 know wen projump will have some m100s in stock

also is this the right weight for me as i weight 13.5st=84.9kg with shoes and clothes?

Dark Knight

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2007, 01:56:26 PM »
ok i should have 135 quid in about a week so does eny1 know wen projump will have some m100s in stock

also is this the right weight for me as i weight 13.5st=84.9kg with shoes and clothes?
10 - 20 Kg over your weights is about right. The spring will be sa little harder but will mean that you shouldn't bottom out on high bounces.  8)

Offline TOM SAVAGE

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2007, 07:59:31 PM »
any idea when the stocks in??? i can't w8 >:(