Author Topic: Spalding May 3rd 2008 ( Read First page )  (Read 96505 times)

Dark Knight

Re: Spalding May 3rd 2008 ( Read First page )
« Reply #325 on: May 04, 2008, 02:37:12 PM »
I am so sad I couldn't go *Sighs*

-Carma (The Bocking Rocker)
One or to hiccups up we think we had a great time.
It's worked out we bocked for nearlly 4 miles if you could all the running about  :o
I think their  :censored: now but enjoyed it  :)
I hope they'll ask us back and you could come ( And I'd  :censored: you too :o :biggrin: )
I ordered the DVD. One bit they may use is Charlie eating a lollie LOL .
Shame that they didn't get the bit when I walk up to the PA man infront and made him jump !
Started off calling us " BLOCKERS ", crowd thought it was funny when I corrected him :laugh:

« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 07:33:53 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #326 on: May 04, 2008, 07:50:51 PM »
Pictures up in gallery :) anyone got anymore?

Dark Knight

« Reply #327 on: May 04, 2008, 07:57:35 PM »
Pictures up in gallery :) anyone got anymore?
My camera and video headcam where in the car and I didn't get the chance to get them  :(

Radio Tulip has pictures on their website but none of us ?
But I'm getting the DVD and there's a specail newspaper and local papers. Local TV may have a bit on Monday I tape it !
I check other sites  :thumbs:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 08:01:07 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline Tok

« Reply #328 on: May 04, 2008, 11:07:04 PM »
Was a great day, getting home was a nightmare but otherwise good!
My almost-dislocated shoulder is STILL giving me grief! really shouldnt have carried on bocker afterwards, woopsie!
My little sister had a great time too! Really getting into the whole bocking thing now, i think she just loves the attention!
Was cool to see loads of new faces too, even if i can't remember some of the names  :rolleyes:
Can't wait to see more pics (and hopefully some vids!)

Dark Knight

« Reply #329 on: May 04, 2008, 11:24:52 PM »

Dark Knight

« Reply #330 on: May 05, 2008, 01:24:48 PM »
Now we've done it once I think I/we could do things better next time so incase they ask us back again !
Some problems could have been sorted better but some where either not forseen or not planed. 
I'd not set up anything like this before, things didn't all work out. Like I had planed for some drinks and something to eat at half piont but the message got delayed ( extra planning next time ) :( 

But if I/we learn by these problem would you say yes and do it again ?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 04:19:17 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #331 on: May 05, 2008, 03:20:00 PM »
Yes I would do it again, need to be more clear on timings and travel arrangements etc but a good day
Grow old disgracefully

Offline theonlysilenthunter

« Reply #332 on: May 05, 2008, 07:45:42 PM »
There would have to be some convincing me and spud to go again..... well we won't be going to peterborough by train again!! I might aswell start on the story now, tis gonna take a while!!!

Dark Knight

« Reply #333 on: May 05, 2008, 08:05:23 PM »
There would have to be some convincing me and spud to go again..... well we won't be going to peterborough by train again!! I might aswell start on the story now, tis gonna take a while!!!
It was a shame that transport let you down so badly  :(
This area's rubbish for transport, it's the reason why without a car I couldn't make any meets, and why I would dream of a meet in Boston !

« Reply #334 on: May 05, 2008, 08:50:25 PM »
lol this is taking ages to write.......... you'll see why :P

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #335 on: May 05, 2008, 08:50:50 PM »
I find the transports alrtight usually, as long as everything's well planned, but because it was a special occasion, everything was rubbish, my bus was so late the driver refused to go into my village, because the bypass waas faster - he's getting reported

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
« Reply #336 on: May 05, 2008, 09:00:23 PM »
I can get to pbo, without a prob, same with me getting to norwich, I plan my journey early, and work to plan, and never had a problem, with East Midland Trains, or Cross Country, central trains is part of EMT, lol

Fire is good!
But Fire is better when you are spinning or breathing it!
Burn Scars are for life!
Chicks dig dudes with cool burn scars!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #337 on: May 05, 2008, 09:18:36 PM »
I can get to pbo, without a prob, same with me getting to norwich, I plan my journey early, and work to plan, and never had a problem, with East Midland Trains, or Cross Country, central trains is part of EMT, lol

Wow you lucky

« Reply #338 on: May 05, 2008, 09:56:21 PM »
Ok I’ll start at the beginning, we were up late sewing the bocking trousers up to the right length, which took longer than you would think, especially since the bottom of the legs aren’t straight if you hadn’t already noticed…… Ended up missing the last train to finish off the trousers for the next day. Got up at half 6, sorted everything out and got everything ready to go. After getting half way to the station ( a couple of min walk) Spud remembered she’d forgotten her wrist guard so ran back before the train came. Got the train from Lingwood to Norwich on time. Wooooo. Then when we got to Norwich we went to buy the tickets only to discover the tickets were £7 more at the station than if we booked in advance. Even after Spud checked  :o  :P So I then quickly forgave her for that ….. Only for her to then discover her headphones were missing, and since it was going to be a two hour journey either way, this wasn’t a good thing. She checked everywhere and eventually decided to dash to Morrisons (Spud probs ran about a mile) with about 20mins before our train left. She made it very tired and agitated.

« Reply #339 on: May 05, 2008, 09:56:46 PM »
We got the train to Peterborough on time, and that went smoothly.  Once we got to Peterborough we went to one of the door attendants and asked if we should get the 10.49 bus from the station, but they said “the train will be quicker”. Taking this advice we go and wait on the corresponding platform waiting for half an hour or so for this train. The Bus then left…… There was an announcement soon after than the train was a Charter Train from Reading to Spalding……we decided to go over to an attendant who then told us that we weren’t allowed on this train. People had paid £300 to travel on this train………… Yes £300!!! Once the train arrived we managed to speak to someone in charge on the train and managed to get a free lift but the lights were green so we would have to get on quick, but the problem was we would have to run down the length of the train to get on. Do you see what happened. So after all this we ended up stuck with about 20 other people with no transport to Spalding, and the next train in an hours time. We went and complained and tried everything to get them to get us there but the manager wasn’t having any of it. We managed to persuade the station manager to talk to the door staff (wearing their uniform so obviously working for them) and asked them and they said yes we directed to the train rather than the bus etc…….they were told by their team leader ….. The team leader said yes he had said that and sorry. But did they do anything about it no. All they said was sorry and left it at that. So all of us stressed and already having a bad day went to wait for the next train.

« Reply #340 on: May 05, 2008, 09:57:18 PM »
We knew by this time that the roads would be blocked off in Spalding and we would have a job getting to Springfields. We asked a number of people how far it was and the general response was about 30 min walk. We only had 30mins before we were meant to be in the field. So we decided to put on bocks and try to make it on time, not knowing if the shuttle bus was still working. We followed these directions someone gave us, which were very accurate actually, but we didn’t realise how far it was. We had stages of running and walking for 2 miles and made it with 5 minutes to spare before 1pm. We were soooooo glad after the journey we’d just had, and yet it dawned that we had another 4 miles potentially ahead of us after all the stress and 2 miles we’d already done.  I could tell the further we went Spud was getting more and more tired and the end of the day couldn’t have been worse.

« Reply #341 on: May 05, 2008, 09:58:01 PM »
Now after leaving everyone at the finishing field Spud, DK and I went to where the Shuttle bus should have been travelling from, which turned out to be about another miles walk, after an anxious and yet another very stressful hour and a half, we attempted to get back to the Springfields to collect all our tickets money and belongings and DK was kind enough to try to get us back to the station for our 6pm train!! It was 5.30 by the time DK managed to scrounge a lift in a St. Johns Ambulance, and bless him he was trying to reassure us that we wouldn’t be left stranded in Spalding. Oh and I forgot to say that the later train left Spalding at 9pm and Spud would miss her connecting train home as a result. She was also hoping on seeing her best friends before they left for army training again the following day. Anyway we got back in time collected our stuff and dashed for the train station, not getting stuck in traffic until the last couple of hundred yards to the station, at which point it was getting towards 5 to 6!! We got out and sprinted, well tried to carry everything we had. The train was already waiting to come into the station and we had only 5 minutes to spare. According to Charlie B they didn’t manage to get hold of a yellow vested person till 6pm. I have to thank the Ambulance driver for letting us hitch a lift!!! And sorry to the rest of you for stealing DK and the only lift out of there. Anyway after yet more stress I tempted fate and said what more could go wrong……… Spud was definitely not happy with me!! We got to Peterborough ok to then change platforms and find out our train was delayed……. by 50mins!!! We decided to buy some food since neither of us had anything to eat since breakfast. I tried to make up for saying it couldn’t get much worse……

« Reply #342 on: May 05, 2008, 09:58:27 PM »
We waited……… no actually we went to get some complaint forms first, then waited……..

« Reply #343 on: May 05, 2008, 09:59:20 PM »
Got the train, at 7.36 (was due to leave at 6.42). We got to the first stop at March. We arrived at 7.55……we waited there till 8.30 before they told us the doors wouldn’t shut properly and they would have to wait for a technician from Cambridge, who would have to travel by car …… that’s 30 miles!!! Everyone got annoyed and more so at the crying baby. Lol Spud!! We all got out and they organised another pick up. We then all swore as a Norwich train went past!!!!!!!!!!! We were told to get on the Ipswich train at 8.45 to then have to get off at Ely and get another train to Norwich. In fact they were so nice as to delay the Norwich train (which went past) and kept it at Ely for us. So got to Ely at 9.05. Swapped platforms got on the Norwich train, where we had the best attendant of the whole journey lol. He gave everyone complaints sheets, and was like yep you’ve had a very bad service etc. At this point everyone was knackered at half the people on the train started to fall to sleep :P. We then managed to arrive in Norwich at 10.10pm. We couldn’t think it could go any worse except Spud’s connecting train was late and would be coming in at 11pm and not 10.30pm. There was another train either cancelled or late because the help desk was packed…….we gave up and she phoned her cousin at a taxi firm. I got the bus and we all managed to get home, after spending most of the day on 7 trains!!! Me on a 30 min bus journey and Spud a taxi home from Norwich. Roughly 6 miles on Bocks, probably another 3 miles walking/running for Spud and 2 for me, and one H*** of a lot of stress!!!!

Our less than dramatic day :P……..

Spud and Daniel

:spudT: 

I then asked spud if there was anything I missed…….. She said “forgot the eggs” lol. Well the first thing that went wrong in the day was in fact Spud forgetting to eat her breakfast and her mum texting her to say she’d forgotten it :P. So Spud didn’t eat anything much until around 6.30pm!!!

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
« Reply #344 on: May 05, 2008, 10:06:57 PM »
lol, its not all that bad, i would have got the bus in the first place, for ease, would have been cheaper to get the X1 to pbo fro norwich :P

Fire is good!
Burn Scars are for life!

« Reply #345 on: May 05, 2008, 10:27:42 PM »
look we don't need any of your remarks Sx, we would have had to have gotten the 7. 12 bus from the bus station in Norwich to get the connecting train in Peterborough. And if this was the case the earliest train in from lingwood would have been 6.49..... We only got up 20mins earlier than that..... how early do you think we should have gotten up?? Well we got up 2 hours earlier than our train arriving at Lingwood, so that would mean getting up around 4 in the morning to get everything done that we did........ i wonder why we picked the train...........

« Reply #346 on: May 05, 2008, 10:38:34 PM »
Oh and i do maths i can work it out before i plan it...... so you would have planned to go by bus, gotten up at 4.30 in the morning still have problems with the train, do 6 miles on bocks, and numerous miles walking, and you still would have been stuck in Peterborough cos of the damn attendants. By this time knackered from getting up at 4.30 in the morning and travelling for 6 hours before you get to spalding!!

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
« Reply #347 on: May 05, 2008, 10:44:57 PM »
i didn't mean to cause offense dan, but i travel a fair amount myself, and remember leaving my flat in leics at 5am to go to norwich for a sat meet before, and never got back till gone midnight

Fire is good!
Burn Scars are for life!

« Reply #348 on: May 05, 2008, 10:55:24 PM »
No i just knew you were gonna say something like that so i had to have a good come back :P But we don't need anyone saying what we should have done cos it should have been the best way.

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
« Reply #349 on: May 05, 2008, 10:56:45 PM »
fair deals, you got the train as it ran earlier, but i blame EMT for screwing up at PBO, lol

Fire is good!
Burn Scars are for life!