Author Topic: Disaster........Great!  (Read 3724 times)

Offline ForestMunch

Disaster........Great!
« on: January 20, 2008, 07:16:02 PM »
Well, i finally got my PJ's last monday!! I've been on somewhat of a bad luck streak since the week before xmas.  Anyway, took PJ's to work and got bouncing around our warehouse (health and safety regulations can kiss my.........).  Woke up on tuesday with the most awful bit of flu ever and was bed ridden for the rest of the week.  I finally put the PJ's on again today, only to break them.......nothing major though, just a nut managed to work its way off and i've not got any spares the right size lying around, or any other bolts to that matter, so i currenlty used masking tape to strap my foot to the foot plate.  Im starting to feel like the world is slowly but surely turning against, what a great start to my year so far.......hope everyone else's is better!  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: Disaster........Great!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 07:24:32 PM »
liam(elam) had a simular problem and was really annoyed coz he couldnt use them. Not sure if the has sorted it or not but on the footstraps it is a random square nut. Mine came loose the other day. Nearly lost it.

Where can you get them nuts from? What are they called? Is there a way to make them stick better? Will this be changed?

Not many questions lol but there is nothing more frustrating than not being able to use them over something so small. And if you havnt felt like this recently think back to being 5, getting the best present ever and not being able to use it coz you dont have the right sized batteries. Cruel world!

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 07:26:30 PM »
Sounds like your having it hard and with all the  :banghead: bet the heads hurting now too  :nana:

Just a tip you should check all your nuts and bolts before you use ur stilts so that should stop you losing them  ;)

Hopefully you're over the worse of it anyway and you'll be getting better luck soon  :)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 07:32:15 PM »
Bad luck comes in 3's 6's and even 9's. But its only a strek. The longer the bad luck. the better or longer the good one. I beleive in karma hehe.

Havnt been naughtly lately have you? :nana:

Offline ForestMunch

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 07:33:53 PM »
first thing i did was check all the nuts were tight.  They were.  It looks like i might have to build a small mod for my feet as the strap the bolt fell of is the on round the ankle and even when fully tightened i seem to have plenty of freedom of movement in my ankles, which considering the heights i'm going to already, seems a little on the dangerous side and i don't fancy being on crutches so soon after last summers "dancing to cotton eye joe going wrong" incident.  :o Thankfully i take each day as it comes but as said before, since xmas something bad has happened EVERY day so far, and we're talking thefts, kidnaps, bereavements etc type of bad, but i'm still laughing joking smiling and generally getting on with my life.  I'm going to B&Q before work tomorrow to get some bolts i guess, then on tuesday, back to uni and i'll be wearing my jumps walking around the lecture theatres and hallways!! haha! Can't wait!!  :thumbs: :banana:

Offline ForestMunch

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 07:35:19 PM »
Havnt been naughtly lately have you? :nana:

You'll have to ask my mrs about that one!? :-X I don't think I have, but then again, one of my jobs makes that a debateable question!!  :scool:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 07:54:18 PM »
Sounds like trouble no wonder somebody has it in for you  :scool:

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 08:35:13 PM »
Do you mean these nuts?

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 10:29:08 PM »
what nuts?

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 10:30:39 PM »
haha, got me too  :-[

The part where it says "these nuts?" is a link  :nana:

here's the link http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=289.0

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2008, 10:33:10 PM »
Now I find it. Cant them links come upo another colour at all?

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2008, 10:35:13 PM »
Do you mean these nuts?

They are not the ones on the projumps but I think that they are proberly the solution

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2008, 10:35:59 PM »
You know what, I've fiddled with the settings before, so the link within the posts shows up differently but it changes other links on the forum too so it looks weird but I'll take another play at it when I get a few mins... Just need to figure out which code I need to change in the css!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2008, 10:45:17 PM »
Thats the tough bit. Just wondered if it was possible..

Offline ForestMunch

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2008, 10:48:23 PM »
Just need to figure out which code I need to change in the css!

Wouldn't creating a new div in the html refering to a totally seperate link div in the css work? 
As for the nuts, yeah they're the culprits, didn't have time to get any and I forgot while I was in work today!

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • + + - - REDO FROM START - - + +
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 08:31:49 PM »
 :offtopic:

Offline ForestMunch

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2008, 10:58:21 PM »
:offtopic:

??? How ???

The first line of my last post (in the thread created by me too) was off topic - was making a suggestion
The second part was not - As stated, yes, the nuts in question were those referred to.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2008, 11:15:49 PM »
I don't think you can be off topic ForestMunch after all you started the thread so it's yours to do what you want with  :biggrin:

Within reason and hybrid_hex is as much of an Imp as I am so he's just having a wind up  :haha:

We do get confused over Nuts on here there are just so many of us  :haha:

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline ForestMunch

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2008, 10:03:50 PM »

We do get confused over Nuts on here there are just so many of us  :haha:

I think it should be part of the package in buying the jumpers - have a "are you a nut" test to pass first.

Turn up of luck though, went into the garden to do some running round with my mrs daughter and i found the missing nut!! So jumpers went straight back on, and now i'm being called tigger by a four year old, bonus is she wants some now but i think she's a bit too young and accident prone to do that just yet
 :rolleyes: