Author Topic: Bock Mod Kit  (Read 14838 times)

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: Bock Mod Kit
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2008, 03:31:27 AM »
looks really good, I think it would be hard 2 choose some1, u could run  mini competition and pick a winner perhaps?

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2008, 12:21:03 PM »
Looks really good. Surprisingly good actually. Good job. Well done :thumbs:

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2008, 08:33:16 PM »
Aren't the straps just a blatent copy's of pinheads?
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2008, 09:04:06 PM »
Aren't the straps just a blatent copy's of pinheads?

Yes.... but he does own a patent on them

Offline zendalfire

• StiltModZ.com
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2008, 12:46:18 AM »
True, they resemble Pinhead's design, which works very well.
But...  Technically, they are based on the original bindings that are included with the stilts; plus quick-release buckles and a center strap to keep it in place.

I have decided not to market this kit.  Instead, I will teach everyone how to make their own.  ;D

I am going to create a website of tutorials.  A one-stop do-it-yourself shop  ;D
Plus, the items on the site will be available for purchase if you prefer not to make them yourself.

I'll have more details very soon.

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2008, 12:57:56 AM »
True, they resemble Pinhead's design, which works very well.
But...  Technically, they are based on the original bindings that are included with the stilts; plus quick-release buckles and a center strap to keep it in place.

I have decided not to market this kit.  Instead, I will teach everyone how to make their own.  ;D

I am going to create a website of tutorials.  A one-stop do-it-yourself shop  ;D
Plus, the items on the site will be available for purchase if you prefer not to make them yourself.

I'll have more details very soon.

That's what Pinheads are, so EXACTLY the same.... give proper credit where credit is due.

Offline zendalfire

• StiltModZ.com
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2008, 03:53:04 AM »
As I said, I'm not going to market these.  Only show how to make them, and provide materials if needed.
The designs are quite different, only the basic ideas are the same.

I offer an easier, cheaper, faster, comparable product.
I will not make any money on this; I'm only trying to help the sport.

I don't mean to take business away from Pinhead, but it was inevitable, really.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2008, 12:25:53 PM »
I was lookin forward to buyin a kit but I think showin everybody else gow too is the best idea.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2008, 01:14:44 PM »
I think it is fair to have the option to make your own as some people have more money than time for which they can buy pinhead's straps and others more time than money.

Copies or not I think everybody should be able to have have some.

Offline GRS

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2008, 05:50:43 PM »
I don't see what the big deal is, his developed the idea the same way PinHead did, I know a few people who designed similar straps with just one clip but they haven't come on the forum, infact max's poweriser page http://sifter.org/~max/powerisers.html uses a similar design but uses a different clip. I don't see Zeldalfire's design as a rip of Pinheads design at all, his created a strap, ok it looks similar but PinHead always said that he has a special way of making them and his never given a tutorial to people to make their own, this guys come along, his not only going to sell them but his making a tutorial available for people to make their own so maybe you need to give credit where credits due.

I really love PinHeads mod's and all the creativity he brings to the forum, however I don't know why people make such a big deal when people try to make similar straps? I remember when Ricc made his Quick Sox it was a complete rip of Jason's original hoofy design and I saw no one make a song and dance about it. Jason complimented Ricc on his design.

Some of you really need to grow up  :banghead:

Zeldalfire, look forward to your tutorial and I hope you are not put off making new designs in the future, all the best.

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2008, 04:43:57 AM »
I don't see what the big deal is, his developed the idea the same way PinHead did, I know a few people who designed similar straps with just one clip but they haven't come on the forum, infact max's poweriser page http://sifter.org/~max/powerisers.html uses a similar design but uses a different clip. I don't see Zeldalfire's design as a rip of Pinheads design at all, his created a strap, ok it looks similar but PinHead always said that he has a special way of making them and his never given a tutorial to people to make their own, this guys come along, his not only going to sell them but his making a tutorial available for people to make their own so maybe you need to give credit where credits due.

I really love PinHeads mod's and all the creativity he brings to the forum, however I don't know why people make such a big deal when people try to make similar straps? I remember when Ricc made his Quick Sox it was a complete rip of Jason's original hoofy design and I saw no one make a song and dance about it. Jason complimented Ricc on his design.

Some of you really need to grow up  :banghead:

Zeldalfire, look forward to your tutorial and I hope you are not put off making new designs in the future, all the best.

I will continue to say exactly what I want, regardless of wether you like it or not. I don't need to grow up I have already done that. I also dont need to be chastised just because you disagree with my point of view. You dont think it's the same as Pinheads...fair enough but what I see is something else. Maybe when Ricc posted his version of what Jason did he gave credit to the original inventor....or not. I cant remember, but that has passed. Just because it wasn't mentioned in that thread doesn't mean it cant be mentioned in this one.
I also hope that Zendalfire continues to design new stuff, having negative comments shouldn't stop anyone. When Jason invented his hoofies, studdies etc, I told him I thought the name was naff. He didn't get p**sy about, he just accepted the difference in opinion.

Offline zendalfire

• StiltModZ.com
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2008, 04:59:01 AM »
I have launched BockModZ.com!

http://www.bockmodz.com

Currently, there is one tutorial, but more will be added often.

-As for the strap design, it was partially inspired by Pinhead's design, and there is a mention on the tutorial.  As you can see, there isn't much that could be taken directly from Pinhead's design, as my mod is made from pre-made items  ;)

I've created a new topic for the announcement.

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1533.0

Please use that thread for feedback on the site.  Thanks,

-Zen

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2008, 11:33:17 PM »
I actually really enjoyed the posts about my Naff names for all my mods ET they gave all of us a good laugh (and I freely admit the names are naff/cute) thats the attraction for me  :haha:

And to set the record straight Ricc contacted me about his Quick Sox and we chatted about designs for a while lots of good ideas both ways
He said in one post that he was only making them for close friends (if they are as labour intensive as mine I don't blame him they are a pain in the Hoof  :biggrin:) so it wasn't really the same as this

A mixture of Pins tie up tire sox and about three other peoples designs at Capital Bocking gave me the idea for the Hoofies so although I've said it before thanks all of you thats what this game is all about sharing ideas

I see zendalfires straps as a cheeper alternative to Pins straps but I've seen Pins Straps and the quality of the work and materials so if you want and can afford the best Pins are the ultimate and if you want to economize go with zendalfire (after all competition drives industry to greater effort)

As for me I love Cuffies as with a wonky leg I can adjust them to get myself straight so I won't be needing straps sadly  :biggrin:

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Ps ET if your bored spell check this for me I need a bit of picking on  :haha:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2008, 11:37:14 PM »
Well put jason. Its hard to say exactly what you want perfectly sometimes and you did a great job :thumbs:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2008, 12:06:35 AM »
Thankyou Spud

It's unusual for me I have normally got both of my feet in my mouth and talk gibberish  :haha:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2008, 12:26:50 AM »
Thankyou Spud
 :nana:
It's unusual for me I have normally got both of my feet in my mouth and talk gibberish  :haha:
:haha:

I will keep an eye out for that you big kid  :lol: I have to admit.. I am much the same sometimes. :nana:

Offline Kiola

• Elite Member
  • Nuttier than Squirrel Poo..
    • www.SimeonKiola.com
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2008, 12:57:16 AM »
I have launched BockModZ.com!

http://www.bockmodz.com

BLOOOOOMING great idea Zen!

I fully support that site..

Make sure you fill it up with all the diffferent mods we all come to Love .. and get annoyed about ;)

will be checking it for progress so get to work!! :)

K.

New Vids;
The London Eye - By SimeonKiola
First Class - Car Flip Show 2013
Simeon Kiola 2012   

Currently Working Full time Self Employed International Stilts Acrobat/Entertainer

Offline zendalfire

• StiltModZ.com
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2008, 01:31:06 AM »
kiola - Just a little innovation is all  ;D

Once I get more tutorials online, and an ordering system, you will be able to make your own custom kit with the supplies offered on the site.

If you make your own straps, you are responsible for finding the best quality materials to use. 
The materials ordered from BockModZ are the best I can find and the model of dog collar I use is the best suited for this particular use.  After 12 hrs of use, I've not had any problem with the straps.  They stay adjusted and fit comfortably.

Offline akin

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2008, 09:39:42 PM »
Hey people :D ,

Well i have made up my own little kit  :rolleyes: 8) here it is

it will be on sale for £20 xD      JOKES!!!

but  u have got to admit it is a good package  :nana:
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 09:56:48 PM by akin »

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2008, 09:53:50 PM »
Some people are gonna love your kit lol  :biggrin:

:banana:

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2008, 01:07:24 AM »
Got to love the kit, its got vodka, hehe  :banana:

Fire is good!
But Fire is better when you are spinning or breathing it!
Burn Scars are for life!
Chicks dig dudes with cool burn scars!

Offline zendalfire

• StiltModZ.com
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2008, 03:35:24 AM »
lol
How can I compete with that  :laugh:

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2008, 01:59:00 AM »
Your tyre socks look way neater than any others I've seen.
What's the difference? Methodologically speaking that is.
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline GRS

« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2008, 02:12:42 AM »
they are based on pin heads tie up ones, check out the modificatin section.Also see the tyre sock thread on the faq section too for all the different types.

Offline zendalfire

• StiltModZ.com
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2008, 03:11:35 AM »
Actually, the tire socks in the photo (earlier in this thread) are a snap on type I made.
I have not made a tutorial for them yet, as I find them to be inefficient.  When the tire wears through, you have to throw everything away  :(
On the plus side, you can put them on or off in 2 seconds :o
I have a similar type (with reusable hardware) in development.

As you may notice, the tire sock tutorial is currently offline for re-design, as I had a pair break while running.  The new version beats everything I've seen..
The tutorial will be online soon  ;)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 03:19:04 AM by zendalfire »