Author Topic: What would be a good pair of first Bocks?  (Read 3476 times)

Offline maty_b

What would be a good pair of first Bocks?
« on: January 07, 2008, 07:17:00 PM »
hey guys,
I have been looking around on the internet and really want a pair of bocks (or whatever theyre called).
Ive looked at loads of websites but i dont know which brand to go with, as they all look the same but are differant prices.  ??? ???
cant figure out which to go with. Im oly 14 and weigh 45kg, so i know to go with M60's.
thanx.
oh yer, and I can afford up to around £200. and im sporty + a fast learner if that makes any differance.

thanxx!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: What would be a good pair of first Bocks?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 07:53:25 PM »
there are a fw vrands which sell the same product form the same factory but at different prices so the cheapest is proberly best.You can the get the right saftey gear with the left over money

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 08:25:11 PM »
If your price of £200 includes safety pads etc then I would suggest Pro-Jumps (which are same as PoweriZer / Fly Jumper) @ £135 inc delivery you would have money left to to get Knee, elbow pads & wrist pads from Pro-Jump and still a bit left towards a helmet.

If your budget of £200 is just for the stilts then your other option would be PoweriSer as the other brands are above your limit. We don't allow links to other dealers on this forum but if you search for it in google.co.uk you will find them

(Remember PoweriSer is not the same as poweriZer - the only way to see from the pictures is that poweriSer (with a S) has a beige colour footpad and poweriZer had a black one.)

As a beginner I would recommend going for the Pro-Jumps as they do everything you need them to do at a very good price but ask around and do your research  ;)

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 08:54:06 PM »
are poweriSers more bouncy? i dotn get why there so expensive if not is that beige colour expensive or summat LOL  :biggrin:

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline GRS

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 09:11:33 PM »
Not at all, in my opinion the new Pro-Jump Carbon springs are much better and springier than the old fibreglass springs in the PoweriSer and Pro-Jump/PoweriZer/Flyjumper. However the beige feet are suppose to be very long lasting and also don't mark gym floors. The new powerisers come with kneecuffs instead of kneebars but I think its better to go with the ones with a kneebar to begin with.

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 09:18:32 PM »
I've had my pro jumps for over a year, and still going strong, great to learn on, and all round awsome :)

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 11:53:12 PM »
ik own poweriSer 08 model and they were £200 but i think for a first pair all you will want are pro jumps and then if you decide on taking it further wen you start to get better and jump higher get a better brand

i have personally been on the carbon springs and i loved them and i much prefered them over the glassfibre ones so if you go for pro jumps you will be left with a few pounds for safety gear and it is needed!

Offline maty_b

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 07:25:43 PM »
hey!
Thanks a lot, really helpful!!  :thumbs: The Pro-jumps look good. Is there much of a difference between them and the powerisers that is worth about £70? Also for pads, does it matter what type you get, because the ones on the Pro-jump website have what looks like shin protectors built in to the knee guards. also they are quite expensive. Should i get them from there or go for a cheaper pair from a differant website?
sorry to be picky, but i dont want to get it wrong.
cheers!!!

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 07:54:55 PM »
Pro-Jump have various safety gear available,

These are the combos you can go for

I'd recommend the Pit Dirt Knee Pads that are £7.99 for juniors or £9.99 for adults, the Shin part helps esp when you start doing vaults, steps etc as if you slip it will protect your shins in a way knee pads can't. We do these sets including the elbow/forearm pads too at £16.99

Or alternatively we also do the 6pc set including knee, elbow and wrist pads at just £14.99

But I do suggest trying the Pit Dirt Knee Shin pads as they are definately worth it in the long run!

Offline maty_b

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008, 08:10:16 PM »
right, ok.
im gonna get the pit dirt knee dirt pads.
thanks alot!

Offline ShortSteve

• no im not really that short
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 09:38:56 PM »
Im oly 14 and weigh 45kg.
 and im sporty + a fast learner

thanxx!
thats really wierd,
im 14 46kg sporty and a fast learner