Author Topic: Splading Parade 3rd of May ( RFP )  (Read 1950 times)

Dark Knight

Splading Parade 3rd of May ( RFP )
« on: March 09, 2008, 12:59:18 PM »
PLEASE NOTE ! THEY SAY ONLY 16 IN PARADE !!
So far we have 11 coming and a couple of maybes !
They say more can jion afterward 
I may push for more in the parade 20ish on the grounds that some are coming a long way to be in the parade. Also that we can't bounce and do flips if we have flags in our hand therefore we want more with us !
So if they give us a limit of 20 or less I'm going to say that's all that can come !
What do you think ?

On the 3rd of May 2008 is the Spalding's tulip parade. It's the 50th parade and there should be lots of people there.
The parade is a about 3.5 miles long and at walking speed .
There'll be lots of stop/start has the bigger float get struck on the route .
The parade start about 2pm giving us time to bock about before hand .
It finishes in Sir Halley Stewart Field.
Being the 50th I'd say the local press and TV should be there at least !?

I've been in contact with them and it sound like they'd love us to take part. ( Well we'll do it for free, They'll have us   )
They've ask if we could carry some flag at their " World Tulip Summit " on the same day !?
There's at least 11 flags and I'm going to help work out the best way to carry them .
I know people don't/can't comment this early but ...
I think they'd like just the bockers with flag in parade plus a couple extra ( I'd be happy if we could find 12 -14 ) .

Just to point out we don't need a theme we going to carry the summits flag for them. As far as I know it fine to dress normal ( bockers ... normal LOL ) !

Here a link to their site
http://www.flowerparade.org/contact.htm

They may want pictures of the flag bearers so please tell me so you can grab a flag, even if it's a maybe 
Don't panic if your new or not very strong and don't think you can handle a flag a bock that far you can alway share ?
Or if you just want to join in the parade still add your name, you could always hold it to give someone a break 

Names down for flags ( Still sorting this out but their thinking [ 2 yards ] so there thinking big !? )

SORRY BUT I'M LIMITED TO 15 PEOPLE  but please say if you'd like to come someone may not be able to make it !?

Dark Knight, Carma , SX Nutta , chocl8 , dr. delicious , trixster , Spud , Charlie B ( +1 ? ) , Tok , theonlysilenthunter , Gixer

SORRY IF I CAN'T TAKE YOU BUT I'M HOPING I CAN HAVE MORE

Their latest email

What I would like to happen is this.  We have the flag people in the Parade itself and they need only be the more novice Bockers as they only need to be able to walk.  I would also like your other Bockers (and no real limit to numbers) to actually display all their skills in front of the audience at ther Sir Halley Stewart Field.  We ahve the Royal Signals White helmets Motor cycle display team on their and other things so it will be a wonderful chance for them to really show what they can do.  Then when the Parade and the Bockers carrying the flags arrive at the Sir Halley Stewart those already there could join in and have all of them on Parade.

So if you don't want to walk 3.5 mile with a flag they'd like you in the field showing off !
But they means you'd not be in the group which is what a meets all about  :-\
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 08:57:54 PM by Dark Knight »

Dark Knight

Re: Splading Parade 3rd of May ( RFP )
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 09:00:26 PM »
I've got them to let more in parade !?
I'm hoping for 16 which would be a nice number for this odd meet !
Please remember this parade route is 3.5 mile it's a long way but the road will be lined with people and cameras  ;D