Author Topic: Getting all confused!!!  (Read 7147 times)

Offline slayer

Getting all confused!!!
« on: March 10, 2008, 12:05:25 AM »
Hi
Im totally new to this and have never tried any form of powerisers before. I was just looking for some stilts for work when i spotted powerisers, I did not know they existed untill now, i had seen them on a advert on telly some time ago but just thought they were some make beleve things,
well ive orded my work stilts and now i am thinking of getting some powerisers for some fun!
Ive just watched some videos on youtube and the like and am totally sold on the idear of getting some!
I had a look on ebay and they was a few different makes on there
There was powerisers, powerizers, and pro jumpers, all with verius models,
Im now completly confused as what to go for, i read other posts on hear about getting a size bigger then what you need but im still not to sure.
Im 12 1/2 to 13 1/2 stone and about 6 ft tall.
What would you recomend? please help as i say totally confused!
Thanks for your help
slayer AKa Stu
PS, I want these for running but will no dout want to do some jumps and tricks as my cofidence grows

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: Getting all confused!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 12:21:26 AM »
Hey Slayer, Welcome to the forum :)

Yep for people new to the sport it can get totally confusing!

There's a few brands in the UK, all different prices / Quality.

Our company sells Pro-Jumps and Powerskips.

The Pro-Jumps are £135 including free next working day delivery in the UK and can be brought from www.Pro-Jump.co.uk. They are ideal for beginners and the quality is very good, with the new carbon fibre springs proving to be popular with users. I've made a chart http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1054.0 which will help you choose the best model dependant on your weight.  (Pro-Jumps are more or less the same as PoweriZer, PowerStrider, Fly Jumpers & Speed Jumper as they all come from the same factory)

PowerSkips start at £700, they can be brought from www.UKGoodDeals.com, they are the original jumping stilts and are the patent holders and inventors own branded product. These are fantastic quality and are suitable for professionals.

The other brands available in the UK are PoweriSer which come in two models, classic which is similar in design to the Pro-Jump but with fibreglass springs, and Advance which comes with a Calf cuff - these are about £200. There is also the 7leagueboots which are approx £240, please google these two models for further info.

Offline slayer

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 10:33:25 PM »
Thanks for the reply and very usefull links, so would you would recomend the projumps for a beginer, if i was to go for these whould you say there ok to learn with ? and would i be thinking i wish i had bought a more expensive pair within a couple of weeks?
Thanks

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 11:06:47 PM »
I'd recommend the Pro-Jumps for beginners as well as experienced users, the Pro-Jumps will last you a long time before you need to change to another set. The learning curve is very tight and if you have bockers near by to help you along you will learn fast and start tricking soon.

Ask around what others think as well before you make a decision  :thumbs:

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 11:07:24 PM »
I am wondering how much skip springs will set me back, lol  :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Fire is good!
But Fire is better when you are spinning or breathing it!
Burn Scars are for life!
Chicks dig dudes with cool burn scars!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 09:50:37 AM »
I want new ones...the ones with calf cuff...maybe if I start saving you with have them out by the time I have enough otherwise its powerisers for me  :laugh:

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 10:21:14 AM »
skip springs are around £300-350 if i remember rightly.
SLAYER, i feel the pro jump stilts are a great deal, they are well built and you have great support for spares and such, and they are the cheapest brand new stilts on the market.
the beauty of this sport though is if you wanted to upgrade a bit, you can buy professional skips springs and stick em in your pro-jumps (correct me if im mistaken here please guys)
ALL of these stilts are a copy of one design, so i say pro jump will do you, if you start tricking and think "hey im the worlds bocking god" £135 isnt that much to loose when your looking to spend say £700 on skips, and you could just ebay em anyway.

welcome to the sport though man, enjoy yourself.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 11:01:41 AM »
Projumps are not the cheapest...skyrunners are the BIG difference is quality. Projumps are the best value for money and a great pair. Skyrunners are cheap and poorly made. They look cool but just are not built at the same standard. I would recommned projumps or any other. I would say no to skyrunners...

You are best getting your stilts of the projumps site because a load of the ebay ones have labelled skyrunners as projumps proberly in the hope that nobody will notice or thier lack of knowledge.

Offline trix

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 11:06:33 AM »
hey there.
i have had my pro jumps for about two months, and cant see myself changing for a long, long time. im so happy with my pro jumps! and they arrie so quickly as well, i ordered mine at about 4pm on a thursday, and they were at my door 9am friday (the next day) i couldnt believe it! i havent used any other forms or styles of pro jumps, but for the first year or so of bocking (the term used for someone using pro jumps) i think pro jumps are the perfect style of bocks. hope i helped.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 11:15:31 AM »
I agree...I just need no springs and I am only getting more projumps :D

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 11:23:25 AM »
mine are skyrunners, my wife paid quite a lot more than pro jumps cost, my statement was based on the price she paid.
differently im not sure how good/bad they are, so far i have sheered the bar holding the foot support bars off and done the bushings.
I would be interested to see how other brands would hold up against my style of bocking, which i have started calling agressive.
everything i own that can be broken, well it breaks.
im forever replacing mountain bike bits as well, i think its just the things i do with these "machines" that causes them to break.
differently if anyone is really connected, ill take a pair of each make and tell you all which is hardest wearing ;D honestly i dont mind lol

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 11:31:03 AM »
Yea...shiny gold skyrunners :) What I know is not first person but I still think they are lower quality. Either way I cant reli say having not tried them

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 12:20:00 PM »
Wait till Sprog gets his claws into this  :rolleyes:

With Skyrunners its pure luck what you get quality wise but the way you've been pushing yours Nero I guess you got a very good pair. As with everything man made its not going to be perfect, bushings go on all bocks and need replacing, support bars usually last longer but then you have been totally crazy on them  :nana:

The projumps are getting better all the time, there was a dip early last year when a small batch used a different mix in the feet rubber causing them to wear a bit faster but at our prices and by adding a pair of tyre socks on them you still wouldn't have gone wrong, however this has now been rectified with other additions to them too.

Over all I think Pro-Jumps are good for both beginners and experienced users, esp with the new carbon/glassfibre mix springs giving more height than previously. I don't think if you brought Pro-Jumps you would be looking to swap them until you needed a newer strengh spring, even then you could just swap the spring over.

The following vid is by pro-jump 101, mostly using the Pro-Jumps with the fibreglass spring, but they feel the carbons let them get more height with less effort. But at the end of the day its not what powerbocks you have that will make you look good its your skill and effort  ;)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 01:44:00 PM »
Does anybody know if the poweriser pro's have the fiberglass springs or the carbon mix ones? And the elites will have the carbon ones right?

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2008, 01:56:19 PM »
PoweriSer Pro's have Fibreglass springs, the Elites should have the same or v similar springs to what are in the current Pro-Jumps - they will be a carbon/glass fibre mix.

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2008, 01:57:09 PM »

With Skyrunners its pure luck what you get quality wise but the way you've been pushing yours Nero I guess you got a very good pair.
funnily enough becky said the same thing to me.
support bars usually last longer but then you have been totally crazy on them  :nana:
Now ive got my spare bits and i have repaired them wait for the video from this sundays meet!

But at the end of the day its not what powerbocks you have that will make you look good its your skill and effort  ;)

thats what i think, i cant see there being that much difference, that say the swebounce guys couldnt trick on my bocks

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2008, 02:16:24 PM »
PoweriSer Pro's have Fibreglass springs, the Elites should have the same or v similar springs to what are in the current Pro-Jumps - they will be a carbon/glass fibre mix.

There are pro's and con's for both. The reason I like the poweriser pros is because they are like normal bocks with the knee hoop sawn off and calf cuff put in..the elites spring have less parts :) but things are attatched to the spring. They are the same as airrunners. I think its better that projump are making them the best first...windows could take a leaf out of your book before selling glitchy software

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2008, 02:24:20 PM »
windOWNED :haha:
yeah im waiting less and less patiently for the pro jump elites

Offline K-rock

• SkyHigh
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2008, 02:30:18 PM »
YAY meeting Sunday and you got your parts! woop lol :banghead:

Bock 'n' Roll!!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2008, 02:33:33 PM »
windOWNED :haha:
yeah im waiting less and less patiently for the pro jump elites

Gimmee now!!! Lol we will even help you test them :P

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2008, 05:39:38 PM »
actually air runner redoxx and the pro jump elites are the exact same stilt made in the same factory, by Flying Locust, but pro jump has a different specification requirement to air runner, who just threw them out on the market, as they make such a bad clicking sound when jumping

Fire is good!
But Fire is better when you are spinning or breathing it!
Burn Scars are for life!
Chicks dig dudes with cool burn scars!

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2008, 05:52:45 PM »
... as they make such a bad clicking sound when jumping

I honestly think that's becuase Adam didn't set them up properly or something is missing, we tested the same ones that they released and they were really quite, it was one of the best things about them! I think XS tried the same ones in America and his done a report on them and it was one of the positives he wrote on them too.

Offline slayer

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2008, 11:10:15 PM »
Thanks for all your replys! Ok im sold on pro-jumps seem like the most sensable choice and with all your advice ide be a fool not to go with this brand,
Can you please confirm this........Just weighd my self and i weighd a little more then i thought im currently just under the 14 stone bracket, now im not happy with that so will get my weight back down to about 13 stone within couple of months, so do i need the m90 ?? could someone please confirm this for me??
Thanks again

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2008, 11:29:11 PM »
14st is about 90kg
13st is about 83kg

You should always go about 10kg to 20kg over your weight (with the clothes you will bock in including shoes)

10kg if you are fairly fit and 20kg over if you have done a lot of gym or trampoline etc

so I would say 90kg would be your minimum at 13st probably better with 100kgs as you will get used to the higher weight while you loose weight

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2008, 11:42:54 PM »
I agree with Jason, it would be better for you to go with 100kg, as its all based on your iniatial weight. Like Jason said by the time you get used to them & even with the weight loss you will be used to them.