Author Topic: London Marathon 2009  (Read 3172 times)

Dark Knight

London Marathon 2009
« on: April 18, 2008, 07:33:48 PM »
To start with I'm not joking about this !

I'd love to run the London Marathon for St. John Anbulance.

For those of you who know you know that I do like joking about but I mean this so please no stupid replies !?

I've need bocking for some time and I may not be able to do many tricks one thing I'm go at is distance. I think nothing of covering 10 miles at night once I get home from work. I use tires on my hoofs but I need to replace every 3 week or so the hoofs still getting worn a bit. At the minuet I'm building up the distance I can run at any one time ( I need new springs ).

I hope by CB to be covering 24 miles and I in a good time. Thing is the amount of  money I need to raise to get a place £1350. I know it's a lot of money but they where there in my I needed them most.

The St John's people or those people in black when your at fairs, concerts, football matches who you don't even think of untill you fall/hurt yourself !?

When a car ran into me my ankle it was smashed to bits had it not been for a the St John's crew I'd lost it. I own them a lot for that and so if I can't raise that much the least I could do is put it in myself ! What price would you pay to save your leg ?

It's 12 months away but I have to put £50 down now to get a place then 12 months to raise £1300 sponsorship. Can anyone think of ways to get sponsorships part form asking you all for £10 each ( 900 x £10 ).

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: London Marathon 2009
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 08:43:48 PM »
It's a really great charity to support, have you thought about how you are going to take online payments?

How about setting up a page on http://www.justgiving.com/londonmarathon

This way you will be able to benefit from the 28% extra in Gift Aid on donations by UK taxpayers that you will lose any other way.

Once you are set up I'll be happy to set up a banner on the side bar to give it extra exposure, then it would be up to you nag ask nicely for donations. Don't limit yourself to asking for a set amount as even pennies make pounds!

Dark Knight

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 10:34:44 PM »
I only said that amount as that's what is would cover to get my place with them   :D
I'm still sorting thing out.
I'm thinking off selling space of them stilts and outfit.  :Dark_Knight:

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 11:02:28 PM »
I only said that amount as that's what is would cover to get my place with them   :D
[/quote]
( 900 x £10 ).

900 x £10 = £9,000

£9,000 > £1350

Thing is the amount of  money I need to raise to get a place £1350.
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Dark Knight

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 11:08:04 PM »
( 900 x £10 ).

900 x £10 = £9,000

£9,000 > £1350

Thing is the amount of  money I need to raise to get a place £1350.
[/quote]
Meant to be £1.50 each  :-[