Author Topic: Birthday Present!  (Read 5051 times)

Offline choco bean

Birthday Present!
« on: May 12, 2008, 06:44:24 PM »
Hey ppls,

As some of you know I own a pink pair of junior PJs. My birthday is coming up, and I have been promised that I can get a pair of adult PJs. I am about 52Kg and 5"10. I know I have to at least get 10Kg above my wieght, but was wondering if getting a pair 20Kg above was a good idea. I can walk, run and bounce quite a bit now. Any thoughts of which ones I should get.

Thx.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
Re: Birthday Present!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 06:56:22 PM »
I think Id say just 10Kg. You are a light young lady. Some1 20 Kg heavier 1 might say yes go much higher.  Ive gone for springs that were too heavy for me --believe me you dont want to go there

You could also pm stevie in bradford and ask if he could find suitable stilts for you to try at his gym.

Also at worse, rplacement springs are not too expensive.

Offline choco bean

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 07:20:07 PM »
yh i might go for the 10Kg ones then. I just had a wonder cos my junior ones at the mo are a pain to bounce on, and when i'm running (cos i bounce alot on one foot) it feels like i'm hitting the spring.
thx.

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 07:28:32 PM »
u v probably are 'bottoming out' on the jr's. But  there is a little bit of a 'fetish' about going for really realy heavyweight springs.

The weight guide yes only refers to beginners/intermediate to a great degree. But behond that , it depends on the person and their 'style'.I know 1 person who is about 7-8 stone uses stilts aimed at 11-14 stone peeps, another guy same size is on stilts for 8-11 stone ( and has been for ovr a year) they are both amazing doing back flips baranis un loads more. For some reason they bounce differently. But also they are both males. I dont wish to be genderist, but ladees do tend to be a tad more delicate on the hooves

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 07:54:01 PM »
What weight spring is on your junior ones?

Remember with the Adult ones weigh a lot more too so 10kg may just be right esp if you have just started bottoming out your junior ones.

Offline choco bean

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 07:58:15 PM »
erm.. I think they are the highest wieght ones, 60kg I think.
Off the point slightly you know the webbing thing that you tie round the knee bar and your leg to hold them in place. Where can you get it from?

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 08:06:00 PM »
Off the point slightly you know the webbing thing that you tie round the knee bar and your leg to hold them in place. Where can you get it from?
Like from any where you can buy material..what's the name of them sorts of places ??? anyhoo...its cheap but I didnt like it. I tried hoddsy's 7s on sat with the straps and it made loads of difference...

:spudT:
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 08:22:46 PM by Spud »

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 08:12:06 PM »
erm could some1 translate that? ;D

Offline Becky

• EsseX Power Bockers
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 08:26:45 PM »
Hey ppls,

As some of you know I own a pink pair of junior PJs. My birthday is coming up, and I have been promised that I can get a pair of adult PJs. I am about 52Kg and 5"10. I know I have to at least get 10Kg above my wieght, but was wondering if getting a pair 20Kg above was a good idea. I can walk, run and bounce quite a bit now. Any thoughts of which ones I should get.

Thx.
YAY!!!!!!!! :):):):):):)
You'll be flying in no time on adult ones!! :)

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 08:38:55 PM »
Like from any where you can buy material..what's the name of them sorts of places ??? anyhoo...its cheap but I didnt like it. I tried hoddsy's 7s on sat with the straps and it made loads of difference...

:spudT:

a haberdashery?

Fire is good!
But Fire is better when you are spinning or breathing it!
Burn Scars are for life!
Chicks dig dudes with cool burn scars!

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 08:42:00 PM »
wash your mouth out with soap and water this instsant  young master Tom

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 08:44:10 PM »
Q, where did you think the parts for my fur spring covers came from?  :nana: lol Plus i will take the water, without any soap lol  :nana:

Fire is good!
Burn Scars are for life!

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 09:21:45 PM »
As you already have 60 springs, I think you should try to get to a meet where someone can let you test out 60's and 70's and take it from there. Try contacting Stevie to see if he can help as I think the B-Bounce group will be the closest to you. If you can't get to a meet to test them I'd see what locky suggests too as I'm sure he will have seen a lot of the welshys move up from the kids to the adult ones and may be able to give you better advise.

You can pick the webbing up cheap from ebay, I think the straps pinhead makes are very good, you would have to contact him to see if he still have some, or see if Trip still has any in stock, you could try Zen straps, they look good too and you can make them yourself as well see the following topic for more on these straps http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1395.0

Offline choco bean

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 03:24:17 PM »
I'm thinking of going with the 60kg ones, as it has been stated to me before by becky 'adult PJs have a wider spring so it is easier to jump' so i don't think i'll need heavy ones to bounce high, and what goes up must come down, so in my case what goes up 6ft comes down horizontal! :D

Offline choco bean

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 03:09:46 PM »
I just changed my mind! As seen as 60kg adult PJs are meant to be easier to jump on if im bottoming out on the junior ones ill think ill go for the 70kg ones.
but just wondering though is there actually a weight difference in the 60 and 70 ones, i mean like if you pick them up how heavy they are kind of way.

oh yeah :o im 5"10 wot size shin/knee pads ones should i get?

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 03:12:34 PM »
all bock frames normally weight the same ive got 70s and my freinds got 90s and they weight more or less the same, im 5ft 7 and i have adult knee pads but from this site i find there abit big best bet would be to buy them from somewhere where u can try them on first mate (knee pads i mean)

Offline choco bean

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 03:40:27 PM »
thx. I'll probz get the adult ones then as mum can modify them to fit me, and ill get the M70s i think

Offline choco bean

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 03:50:57 PM »
you know people say that there are also carbon springs for PJs when you order the adult ones do they come with carbon springs or not, or can you ask for them. oh and do they cost more if you can.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2008, 03:52:55 PM »
the glass/carbon mix spings come standard on all PJ's now  :)

Offline choco bean

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2008, 03:59:00 PM »
coolio. I think i'm going to order some M70s and pads in a couple of minutes. YAY! :banana:

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2008, 04:13:37 PM »
cool beans, hope you enjoy them  :thumbs:

Fire is good!
Burn Scars are for life!

Offline choco bean

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2008, 05:13:55 PM »
WAAAAHHHHHHOOOOOO! :biggrin: :banana:
They should be coming tomoz or saturday (ish)
Only down point is i have to wait till next friday.  :(