Author Topic: First Time Buyer  (Read 14512 times)

Dark Knight

Re: First Time Buyer
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2008, 03:25:49 PM »
It's all to dowith trademarks and copyrights !?

Sneaky way would be get someone in the UK to buy them and send them to you has a gift and just pay postage !? Don't know if you'd have to pay any tax ?

But I didn't tell you that  ;)
I've done a quick check and as fas as I can tell EU countrys don't need to bother ?
Check with your local post office ?
Could do a check this end too at the weekend !?

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2008, 03:50:13 PM »
It's all to dowith trademarks and copyrights !?

Sneaky way would be get someone in the UK to buy them and send them to you has a gift and just pay postage !? Don't know if you'd have to pay any tax ?

But I didn't tell you that  ;)
I've done a quick check and as fas as I can tell EU countrys don't need to bother ?
Check with your local post office ?
Could do a check this end too at the weekend !?

How comes?! I live 5 mins froma  post office if I can help and ask something ???

Offline castlevania1995

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2008, 06:28:47 PM »
I''ll ask my dad if he knows someone from work living in the UK. maybe they can send it to the Netherlands.
If not I will try if someone here can help (Spud said he might).
What are the weight of pro-jumps? this might help to calculate the shipping costs.

Offline Mangobyte

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2008, 06:32:25 PM »
Mine shipped at 20 lbs.. dunno what that is in kg... like 11 or so?  dunno.
<a href="http://www.thompson-oakes.com/mangobytesig.swf" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.thompson-oakes.com/mangobytesig.swf</a>

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2008, 06:37:20 PM »
The box said 9.5kg

I am a girl :P

Offline castlevania1995

« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2008, 06:41:36 PM »
A site said it's 9 kilo. I think i'll be able to gueas the shipping costs now.
The box said 9.5kg

lol sorry :laugh:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2008, 06:57:37 PM »
I Find it kinda funny hehe..everybody (including me) things maggzie is a girl and that I am a boy LMAO

:spudT:

Dark Knight

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2008, 06:59:45 PM »
The box said 9.5kg

Prove it  :P ;D

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2008, 07:07:51 PM »
The box said 9.5kg

Prove it  :P ;D

B***H!!! hehehe. :) I cant prove it  :-\

Offline castlevania1995

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2008, 07:18:41 AM »
 >:( >:( :banghead: I am so angry!!! Yesterday I called my dad if he knew someone from buissenis in England for the pro-jumps. Then he said that he was disappointed that I wanted to buy everything I liked ( :censored:) and told me I couldn't buy it. He also kept on saying it was a TOY, while this really is a sport. until I told him that most people are at least above 15 and he said that it showed children shouldn't buy them.

I know someone with a nephew with flyjumpers, so I asked if I look and test them there if I could then buy it. He said that was oke but I still couldn't buy it myself, my parents would pay a part for my birthday. So now my hope of getting pro-jumps is almost gone, unless I might get them for my birthday after 9 months. Well i'll keep on trying :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2008, 09:53:05 AM »
Oh that sucks. Keep begging..it does eventually work. I begged for 3 years to get one pet chicken. Now I have 4 :D

Offline theonlysilenthunter

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2008, 03:17:59 PM »
4?? it was three the last time i looked :P

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2008, 06:35:34 PM »
Yea well. Things have happened. I have 4 chickens.

Dark Knight

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2008, 06:46:58 PM »
Oh that sucks. Keep begging..it does eventually work. I begged for 3 years to get one pet chicken. Now I have 4 :D
Chickens don't like being Tiggers

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2008, 06:49:29 PM »
They not big on being in pairs either. I spoke to some guy. he couldnt tell me why but he was adoment that 3 (or more) is the magic number with chickens.

Offline castlevania1995

« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2008, 11:08:18 AM »
Lol ;D, but I don't think begging will help. he will just get annoyed so I will never buy them. The only thing I can do is try them out at my friend's nephew and wait till my birthday :-\

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2008, 11:43:28 AM »
Thats sucky..when is your birthday?

Offline castlevania1995

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2008, 02:03:39 PM »
Thats sucky..when is your birthday?

The eleventh of Januari

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2008, 02:50:59 PM »
quite a while then unfortunatly...hoep you get them sooner  :-\

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2008, 03:11:59 PM »
I don't really think bocking could be classed as a sport. Certainly it's sporty, sporting, sport-like. But the definition of sport encompasses rules & regulations, boundaries, officials and some sort of scoring system. And it's usually competetive. ...The term "lifestyle sport" may apply. A large part of my dissertation was on lifestyle sports.

AAAAaaaaanyway... Have you considered purchasing the bocks and keeping them at a friend's house? Especially if you have a friend who is also interested in Bocking, as you could let him/her use them in return for holding them for you. :) You could even split the cost of buying them. :)

Make sure it's a close, trust-worthy friend though! You don't want to lose them. :P

Actually how old are you? I don't want to be corrupting youthful minds by telling them to disobey their parents! lol. :D Respect your parents kids! ;)

Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline castlevania1995

« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2008, 09:49:54 PM »
Lol i'm thirteen (Castlevania1995)
I respect my parents really much so I don't think it will be good to buy them without them knowing, and they will probably figure out anyway.

The friend with a bocking nephew told me I could come with him to try the bocks, so i'll just do that.
Maybe I will pay 150 Euros and get them for "Sinterklaas" (I don't know if it has an English name, i don't even know if he exists outside the Netherlands) Sinterklaas is on the fifth of december, so with the bad weather I won't be able to test my bocks.

Offline Beanstalk5000

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2008, 09:39:08 PM »
i w8 about 170 lb i want to go with the 198 to 265 pound powerizer pro set. Will i still be able to hit off the ground?? Does extra stiffness = better support higher jump and less damage or break. I will buy from "GET JUMP STILTS" any one prefer a different site. AND THIS s**t LOOKS ALSOME AS HELL. by the way i like this forum and i was reading up on these jump stilts. I live in the US by the way

Offline Jack

• EA Bocker
    • www.eabockers.co.uk
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2008, 11:42:58 PM »
not sure of any US stores sorry there is some i just dno wat there called some1 is bound to post em if u wait lol

get the next wait catogory up from u  :) thats it lol

Jackk

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2008, 12:42:46 AM »
So you're looking at poweriSer PR90120s? You should be fine on those at almost 80kg.

Higher weight springs mean you bottom out less which means you do get a little extra height, but it doesn't mean they're less likely to break or become damaged.
PoweriZer Pro are different to the poweriSer Advanced/2007/2008, they are completely different brands. I can only assume you mean poweriSers as poweriZer have no 90-120kg range springs.

dealers in the US are
xphub.com and getjumpingstilts.com

I would recommend xphub as they are the main importers, GJS simply buy their bocks from xphub then sell them on for slightly more.