Author Topic: Son growing fast - what to buy?  (Read 2081 times)

Offline Reggie

Son growing fast - what to buy?
« on: May 19, 2008, 10:52:16 AM »
Hi,
My son has been using Junior PowerJumps for 1 year now but is growing fast. He currently weighs 50kg but at 13yrs he will soon be much bigger (if he's like his older brother). He's good on the Junior PJ and can do flips etc, but says he wants something bigger and better. He's a keen national gymnast too and so has great balance and strength. What can anyone recommend to buy him? What make and model is best? He doesnt want to buy something which he will soon find too limiting.

Thanks

Dark Knight

Re: Son growing fast - what to buy?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 12:39:56 PM »
Most people well say go 10-20 kg
Junior PJ have a lot least power so going for a pair of 70Kg will feel a lot harder !?
But he's still growing and with his back ground maybe 80's would be an outside option ?
Would be hard to bonuce to start but sounds a better choice if his going to grow that fast !?

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 01:01:01 PM »
I would say go for M70 springs :)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 02:02:21 PM »
I'd need to see him in action first to see what his technique is like.
If its good i'd say 80's. If its not, then 70's.

Offline Reggie

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 02:40:10 PM »
Thanks for replies. My son had already asked for M70 and so i was checking his facts. And are PowerJumps the best make for him? Would anyone recommend anything other than PowerJump for any reason? And how do I make sure I get the genuine thing? I hear there are some fake sub-standard products out there! 

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 03:14:25 PM »
There's only a few companies in the UK that sell "legal" stilts, Including Pro-Jump (us) PoweriSer, PoweriZer, 7leagueboots, fly jumpers and UKGoodDeals (us) who stock Powerskips.

All vary is price, there's a huge debate on what the "best" brand and what you can and can't do on them.

In terms of price: Pro-Jump's (same as Fly Jumpers or PoweriZers) sell theirs at £135 delivered, PoweriSers incoparate a cuff insted of a knee bar at about £200 and 7leagues are around £240, PowerSkips are £699 to £750 depending on whether you go with the fixed or moving footplate.

As this is mainly forum run by Pro-Jump, theres not a lot of discussion on brands other than Pro-Jump or PowerSkips, the following threads have some debate thou:

Need Advise

Getting New Stilts

What brand to buy