Author Topic: When should i expect my PJ's?  (Read 3398 times)

Offline Shyatt

When should i expect my PJ's?
« on: June 01, 2008, 08:52:33 PM »
I ordered my PJ's at about 11 this morning.
Seeing as today is sunday does that mean that they won't be dispatched until tomorrow?
How long does it usually take for deliveries?

Thanks,
Shyatt ;D

Offline Mangobyte

• Mostly Harmless
Re: When should i expect my PJ's?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 09:03:27 PM »
Curses on you brits and your miniscule land mass...  Mine won't be here for like a week.  Here's my shipping route: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=120+Conyers+Ave+Florence,+SC+29505&daddr=7545+Amigo+Way,+Redding,+CA+96002&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=78.899305,103.710938&ie=UTF8&ll=33.137551,-126.123047&spn=42.722788,51.855469&t=h&z=4

That's like 3-4 times the length of your entire country!

Anyway, moral of the story:  don't whine about shipping times when you live in the UK.
<a href="http://www.thompson-oakes.com/mangobytesig.swf" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.thompson-oakes.com/mangobytesig.swf</a>

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 09:08:15 PM »
Earliest Tuesday Shyatt

It could depend on a lot of things but I have always had mine the next day or the following one (If the courier has a bad day)

Spend the wait reading all the old posts on here I did while I waited for my first set and it helped me so much I would reccomend it to all

I hope you got some knee and elbow pads (I use the Pit Dirt ones they fit the knee bar right and are very good) and some wristguards (very necessary ) if not get some before you use them it will save you a lot of pain  :thumbs:

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline Shyatt

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 09:18:06 PM »
Thanks ever so much :)

Yeah, that's exactly what i am doing.
Just reading through all the old posts about techniques and hints for getting started.
I already feel rather confident about getting up on the stilts... but realising it is a different matter.
I'll be sure to let you know how it goes though :P

And yes... i have bought some pads. (Knee, elbow and wrist.)
Can never be too safe when starting out. :)

Once again thanks for the help,
Shyatt ;D

Offline Mangobyte

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 09:27:51 PM »
Sry about being a turd :D; I'm just anxious to get my bocks, and probably a little jealous.  Give a heads up when they arrive and take lots of pics/videos, so we can all share in your joy.

In the meantime, I'll sit here in my pads and stare at my FedEx tracking page.
<a href="http://www.thompson-oakes.com/mangobytesig.swf" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.thompson-oakes.com/mangobytesig.swf</a>

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 09:33:32 PM »
its not so much about the times but managing expectations. if you expect your bocks in 5 days or whatever and they come late you will be really annoyed. Same as a person who expects the in 2 days. if they meet the target you will be happy and before they are due you should be able to control your excitment. Shouldnt in theory be any worse unless you are super excitable..you seem like it. I hate excitment. Very frustrating feeling isnt it? Hope they come nice and speedy for you both

:spudT:

Offline Shyatt

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 09:52:21 PM »
I completely agree spud...

I hate being excited...
anxiousness!
Bleh ;D

I'll just sit it out.
Now all i need to do is find more people who I can practice/train with.

Shyatt ;D

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 08:35:19 AM »
Always found the service excellent and next day.

good to hear that you have the pads, very wise precaution.

begin slowly and within 10/15 mins you will be comfortable on your bocks. You then enter "misplaced confidence" zone which will probably mean you stumble/trip or attempt to bounce.

have fun
Grow old disgracefully

Dark Knight

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 09:20:31 AM »
Always found the service excellent and next day.

good to hear that you have the pads, very wise precaution.

begin slowly and within 10/15 mins you will be comfortable on your bocks. You then enter "misplaced confidence" zone which will probably mean you stumble/trip or attempt to bounce.

have fun
Charlie B right about the Confidence zone, thing is you may not know your in it until you've fallen over  :o
But that's why you should always wear pads with luck you'll get right back up and steady up a bit ;)
If you can find another bocker to help you learn all the better  :thumbs:

Offline Shyatt

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 09:05:49 PM »
I've already had a few goes on a friends PJ's so i am fairly confident at walking around and know my balance on them.
Haven't fallen yet *touch wood*  ;) Not puposely anyway  :P

Thanks for the advice though guys, much appreciated :)

Shyatt ;D