Author Topic: How to be annoying online  (Read 3933 times)

Dark Knight

How to be annoying online
« on: June 06, 2008, 09:54:42 PM »

1. Make up fake acronyms. Online veterans like to use abbreviations like IMHO (in my humble opinion) or RTFM (read the f##king manual) to show that they're "hep" to the lingo. Make up your own that don't stand for anything (SETO, BARL, CP30), use them liberally, and then refuse to explain what they stand for ("You don't know that? RTFM").

2. WRITE YOUR MESSAGES IN ALL CAPS AND DON'T USE RETURNS SO THAT EVERYONE HAS TO SCROLL ACROSS THEIR SCREENS TO READ EVERY LINE. ALSO USE A LOT OF !!!!! TO SHOW THAT YOU'RE EXCITED ABOUT BEING HERE!

3. When replying to your mail, correct everyone's grammar and spelling and point out their typos, but don't otherwise respond to the content of their messages. when they respond testily to your "creative criticism," do it again. Continue until they go away.

4. Software and files offered online are often "compressed" so that they won't take so long to travel over the phone lines. Buy a compression program and compress everything you send, including one-word e-mail responses like "Thanks."

5. Upload text files with Bible passages about sin or guilt and give them names like "SexyHousewivesI," then see how many people download it. Challenge your friends to come up with the most popular come-ons.

6. Join a discussion group and tie whatever's being discussed back to an unrelated central theme. For instance, if you're in a discussion of gun control, respond to every message with the observation that those genetically superior tomatoes seem to have played an important role. Within days, all discussion of gun control will have ceased as people write you threatening messages and instruct others to ignore you.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: How to be annoying online
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 10:05:33 PM »
Its funny because people do it!!  :biggrin: :biggrin:

Dark Knight

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 10:10:32 PM »
Not lost my touch  :biggrin:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 10:15:42 PM »
Not lost my touch  :biggrin:

Nope but you did have me worried for a min or 2  :nana:

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 11:05:48 PM »
Technically all you have to do is look @ the gallery... :D

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 09:33:55 AM »
7. replyin to threds wif veri pour spelin an gramer

8 PeOpLe WhO tHiNk ThAt WrItInG lIkE tHiS mAkEs ThEm LoOk CoOl
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline Shyatt

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 10:12:00 AM »

Offline Shyatt

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 10:12:37 AM »
Double posting

;)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 05:49:11 PM »
I like irony

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 05:53:45 PM »
LOL  ;D
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Dark Knight

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 06:08:31 PM »
I like irony
Spud your RSWS 
But then again I'm HAF and WD40  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 06:10:37 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2008, 06:12:46 PM »
I like irony
Spud your RSWS  :thumbs:

DOH! I was like wtf is RSWS..

athoul LOL. I am stealing that as a display pic or somthing

Offline magzzie

• A little taste of the Bocker within
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2008, 12:35:33 AM »
WOW THAT WAS BRILL THANXS!!!!!!!!! I THINK ILL DO ALL OF IT RIGHT KNOW. HAVE YOU HEARD SUPER TOMATOES ARE ATTACKING THE TOWN!!?? RTFM

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 01:39:20 AM »

1. Make up fake acronyms. Online veterans like to use abbreviations like IMHO (in my humble opinion) or RTFM (read the f##king manual) to show that they're "hep" to the lingo. Make up your own that don't stand for anything (SETO, BARL, CP30), use them liberally, and then refuse to explain what they stand for ("You don't know that? RTFM").

2. WRITE YOUR MESSAGES IN ALL CAPS AND DON'T USE RETURNS SO THAT EVERYONE HAS TO SCROLL ACROSS THEIR SCREENS TO READ EVERY LINE. ALSO USE A LOT OF !!!!! TO SHOW THAT YOU'RE EXCITED ABOUT BEING HERE!

3. When replying to your mail, correct everyone's grammar and spelling and point out their typos, but don't otherwise respond to the content of their messages. when they respond testily to your "creative criticism," do it again. Continue until they go away.

4. Software and files offered online are often "compressed" so that they won't take so long to travel over the phone lines. Buy a compression program and compress everything you send, including one-word e-mail responses like "Thanks."

5. Upload text files with Bible passages about sin or guilt and give them names like "SexyHousewivesI," then see how many people download it. Challenge your friends to come up with the most popular come-ons.

6. Join a discussion group and tie whatever's being discussed back to an unrelated central theme. For instance, if you're in a discussion of gun control, respond to every message with the observation that those genetically superior tomatoes seem to have played an important role. Within days, all discussion of gun control will have ceased as people write you threatening messages and instruct others to ignore you.

Whats funny about this is that you make no reference to it being someone else's idea. We both know though that you didn't write it. Why do I know this? because I understood all of it...... ;D