Author Topic: Newbie here! Help please!  (Read 2560 times)

Offline Divalicious

Newbie here! Help please!
« on: June 15, 2008, 05:03:29 PM »
 ??? Hi all! Newbie girly here from uk bristol! Im really wanting to get bocking but have read a lot about powerisers, powerizers, pro-jumps,etc, and says that you get what u pay 4. The powerisers are like £200, projumps £135. Im a single mum,not got pounds to splash+waste so wana get some value and decent bockers if paying out on them in 1st place. Would u guys recomend projumps?

Dark Knight

Re: Newbie here! Help please!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 05:07:56 PM »
There's nothing wrong with Pro-jumper great value for money.
For a newbie paying more isn't really worth it PJ's will work just as well for you.
Remember you should buy safety pads too  :thumbs:

Offline flyinmonkey

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 07:10:44 PM »
Hey new bristol person!!

ive been at the whole bocking thing for over a year now an bristol based. ive had both projumps and 7 leagues and were happy with both.

there are 6 or 7 people (i know of) in bristol all with projumps and myself on s-rexs. we hav a cheaky bounce here n there around emersons green area. your more than welcome to come along to try out my spare set if you want.

give me a PM on it all if u want.

cheers

Ian

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 08:02:00 PM »
money does mean something, naturall. But be aware some places charge over the odds. pro jumps btw do not ( and Im not on pay roll  do not in fact onw PJ's and have never even been on a pair  so think myself quite neutral {oh reason I neva got a pair was cos I typed in web add wrong 3 times in a row --sowent elsewhere doh)

Performane is pretty similar across makes Differene is in 'feel, lonevity' ( possiby). I was on my £240 7 league stilts today and had no greater performane -or fun - than a guy on £135 projumps. Also this guy 10 days ago was reluctant to meet other bokers cos he was suh a 'noob', but he did meet some ofus in southampton last sunday to boune around the ity. Today, on projumps, in a gym I persuaded him, initially as a laff, to try and do a front flip onto a gymnastic rash mat ( this is like after about 20 hours on stilts all told). An hour later, he was rotating 310 degrees!!!! Not very far from a front flip!  Oh and me with my more expensive flips --didnt try doh hehe

So get PJ's  and talk to flyingmonkey,  honestly  company is moreimportant thant stilt make!

Offline flyinmonkey

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 08:32:58 PM »
hes right, its never great fun to bock alone. PJs are a great starting stilt. they last long time with correct TLC and are cheap enough to be able to not use them every day

Offline Divalicious

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 08:53:20 PM »
Im defo up 4 meeting some bockers to see the mad stuff, they look great and id looove 2 b able to do 4ward flips, backflips n stuff, over time of course. Wld like to get my pjs 1st and get feel for them and some basics 1st but any bristol folk fancy venturin ova 2 the bedminster area to show what u can do then pls do give me a shout. Flyn monkey has my num. I saw bockin on tv, looks great! ,x