Author Topic: who knows the rancher?  (Read 13572 times)

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
Re: who knows the rancher?
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2008, 08:27:28 PM »
come down for the ely meet so u can teach me to back :P as i have 7's now
Because 7's really give you a magical mystical power that allows you to backflip...

Greg backfliped his pro-jumps......

so it means he will be BETTER at doing it on his 7s cos he would get enough heigh more easily

In theory but skill is skill so another thoery would be greg finds it easier but is no better

In theory...im confused

Mini Ellis xx

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2008, 08:31:10 PM »
Because 7's really give you a magical mystical power that allows you to backflip...

i could back flip my pj's well i did it once but i will b able to get the extra hight i need to do it with 7's so  :nana:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2008, 08:32:15 PM »

Greg backfliped his pro-jumps......

so it means he will be BETTER at doing it on his 7s cos he would get enough heigh more easily

In theory but skill is skill so another thoery would be greg finds it easier but is no better

In theory...im confused

Mini Ellis xx

we will have to see what happens for real

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2008, 08:33:18 PM »
^^^the funniest way I have heard "money can't buy you skill and experience"  :haha:

thats why i need jo to come and teach me to do it better and so i can get the experance

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2008, 08:37:47 PM »
^^^the funniest way I have heard "money can't buy you skill and experience"  :haha:

thats why i need jo to come and teach me to do it better and so i can get the experance

It wasnt specific to you. Not having a dig. It was just the funniest way I have heard that phrase be explained. Goes for everything but I mostly hear it with flying. Idiots buy expensive planes and write them off.  Either way if Jo did teach you well it would help you loads :) Go on Jo  :thumbs:

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2008, 10:15:08 PM »
 :hijacked:

so who is this rancher person that's got a thread dedicated to himself  ???

:nana:

Offline Nobby

• Gravity works....
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2008, 10:23:37 PM »
Dunno Naz....Some bloke from dorchester I've never bloody heard of! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Offline Kiola

• Elite Member
  • Nuttier than Squirrel Poo..
    • www.SimeonKiola.com
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2008, 10:48:10 PM »
Hes a Legend.. Everybody Knows who the Rancherer is  :nana:

New Vids;
The London Eye - By SimeonKiola
First Class - Car Flip Show 2013
Simeon Kiola 2012   

Currently Working Full time Self Employed International Stilts Acrobat/Entertainer

Offline stevie

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2008, 10:49:01 PM »
i know the Rancher, hes a cool guy.

Spud,  thats a realy good theory, and your right its the skill that counts,

To do flips takes skill and nerves of steel, so i take my hat of to anyone that can use the stilts to there fullest capacity, flips stunts tricks, even taking your first step as a bocker, takes guts, its the qualification that counts, and the first qualification for a bocker is guts.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 10:53:34 PM by stevie »

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2008, 10:56:50 PM »
In theory...im confused

Mini Ellis xx
Spud is correct, it is all technique and skill. Just because he has better bocks doesn't necessarily mean he will get more height.

Offline Nobby

• Gravity works....
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2008, 11:53:06 PM »
Skills.....We're all different, but at the same time, the same as one another....One man's poison be anther man's food.....As the bods at the top of the food chain, we've evolved to cope with pretty much whatever's involved with existing on this planet can throw at us...Skill is the result of practice as Spud said.....And tools are only as good as the people who use them....Take Reaper for instance,I'd wager he knows how to start a fire with a boot lace and a couple of sticks...Urbantricker (Ian) has a skill in that he's like a cat and pretty much always lands on his feet.Me? I rollerskate like I was born with 8 wheels on my feet and my bocking is coming along.....I guess my point is that we can all do different things....We are after all,only human.Failing is good thing, in that it teaches us what not to do....

-Nobby

Offline Jelly

• jagermeister is the bocking medicine
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2008, 12:12:17 AM »
Oh joe, dont get a big head. You know they all love you secretly in a gay way!  ;D

Its not do you know the Rancher, its Who is the most famous bocker of them all.

You have a long way to go before you reach the league of some of these people quite often mentioned, who you may have or not even met or who are just s***s, in no particular order here is my top 5.

Sprog
Becky
Locky
ET
Tundrah

If you wanted to be really nit picky you could just make a poll, in which people vote for who they know of the most. jelly x

Offline MCTom

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2008, 11:18:41 AM »
Oh joe, dont get a big head. You know they all love you secretly in a gay way!  ;D

Its not do you know the Rancher, its Who is the most famous bocker of them all.

You have a long way to go before you reach the league of some of these people quite often mentioned, who you may have or not even met or who are just s***s, in no particular order here is my top 5.

Sprog
Becky
Locky
ET
Tundrah

If you wanted to be really nit picky you could just make a poll, in which people vote for who they know of the most. jelly x

Surely Matt should be included in that list?  :P.  Although actually I suppose quite a few bockers probably don't know who he is  :-\  :spudT:

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2008, 12:21:01 PM »
Who's Matt?  :-\
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline MCTom

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2008, 12:37:25 PM »
The one who founded pp  :laugh:.  Don't know if you were joking or not but it highlights the problem  ;)

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2008, 04:11:04 PM »
Surely Matt should be included in that list?  :P.  Although actually I suppose quite a few bockers probably don't know who he is  :-\  :spudT:
That fact is Matt made PP but then buggered off. He does nothing for the site now :(

Sprog
Becky
Locky
ET
Tundrah
Hehe I'm #1! ;D

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2008, 11:35:28 PM »
I can light a fire with some string and a couple of sticks (shot a video of a mate making fire that is now in the states as a teaching aid  :biggrin:)

I never land on my feet (that must be a skill  :haha:)

And the last time I was on rollerskates I nearly did a flip (couldn't walk or feel my legs for 5 mins too that was scarry  :biggrin:)

How did you end up at the top Sprog  :biggrin: surely thats Q's place  :nana:

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline stevie

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2008, 06:59:43 PM »
wow, is it me reading it wrong or is this thread going of the track a little,

i think rancher started this thread with fun in mind, its his nature as a young man/teen,i was young once, lol,

in my opinion,why don't you start a new thread about the other stuf like your top 5 etc, cos at the mo its  taking the fun out of the purpose of his post,

if you are going to start a top 5 poll, i would expect to see Hemoves and Swebounce, Mat(pp) who iv met and is a top bloke, Lukey the early days, Jono made history when he broke his collor bone,

and some of my top bockers would be, 
 Brucie (Johnothan Ross),
 Zeb(back 2 back at 16yrs,
 Claire first female front flip in the uk and two dislocated knees in one month,
 Kiola mr kool,
 Reon youngest bocker at 5yrs,
 Locky first s**g of bocking,
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 07:01:49 PM by stevie »

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2008, 07:17:52 PM »
Stevie, I think Jelly's list is based on what people have done for and contributed to the community, not their level of skill.
Personally, I really couldn't be bothered who started bocking and landed flips when, where and how, etc, but I care very much about the actual community and what people have done for it. The fact is you can't cut it down to who is "best" as there are many bockers who are the "best" in many individual ways, for example:

ET - Organised Capital Bocking 2007 single-handedly, with a little input from Locky and graphical design from myself.

Locky - Started Welsh Bockers, creating the world's first funded club, X-Bocks, Radio Bock, CB2008, Too much other stuff to list.

Becky - Has completely immersed herself in Bocking, introducing it to many mediums, running EPB on her own, and even meeting the Queen on them.

tundraH - Best at snapping springs and soon to be a guinea pig for a handful of manufacturers

Matt - Made PP, where it all began and without it we would all still be bocking on our own. Sadly has now buggered off.

The fact is these people have put so much into (and are going to do so much for) the community that I list them far higher than anyone such as Swebounce, Rancher, or any other "Team" or "Best" bocker.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2008, 07:43:52 PM »
Threads go wayward all the time its no biggy, one post leads to another and before you know it its completely off topic. I think Jelly was just messing with Joe and it was just banter, and it' was her top 5 list not a generalised one for everyone. I also think that rancher would be fully aware that its all banter and that everyone admires him for what his achieved in such a short space of time.

Most people on the forums will have their own favorite bockers, people they have met through bocking and their personal favorites may not have anything to do with skill level or community contribution. Some of my favorites bockers are people like Jason, Q, the Gillyberts, 02, freakazoid... to name a few, who bring plenty of fun and humour and often made me lol when reading their posts. Then theres people that make modifications without whom the advancement in bocking wouldn't have happened so fast, people like pinhead, Jason, bill C... There's the people both stevie and sprog mentioned and then theres all the other people that just go on bocking and working on their own groups or on their own skills, in my eyes they are just as important!

Offline stevie

« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2008, 07:59:53 PM »
Yep,  thats why i said i think the thread is going of the track, and i agrea with you, and eveyone has diferent people they admire for whatever reason, the names i mentioned have been an insperation to others, just as some have inspired you, thats why i mentioned the names i did as they are in the same league,and do much work for the sport, but don't get so much noticed on here, and don't always put there name to whatever just the sport, some people do a lot for the sport but it doesn't always get noticed on here, that doesn't mean it doesn't happen, there is more to bocking than what you see on the forums, the forums are just one small part of it, but an esential part for those that belong to the comunity, and i count myself as part of the comunity and always promote the forums to none believers within the sport,and they have there own reasons for not using the forum,

for example, last night Claire was working at a night club and she met a guy that belongs to a team in Shefield that can flip stunt etc, but won't use the forum, she promoted it to his team and i plan to visit his team in Shefield.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2008, 08:05:03 PM »
I've said this many a times, the forums in my opinion only make up less than 5% of our buyers, but the forums do play a very big and important part in shaping the future of bocking and linking people from all over the world...

Ok so back to the topic...

Is there anyone who doesn't have a clue who the rancher is?

(After the mankini incident I very much doubt it  :biggrin:)

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2008, 08:19:39 PM »
Is there anyone who doesn't have a clue Actually cares who the rancher is?

Thank you, and goodnight.

Offline stevie

« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2008, 08:41:35 PM »
quot(thankyou and goodnight)    to be honest this is one of the reasons i was talking about, and is sadly the reaction i expected, I would have said, go on Claire promoting the forums(Bocking community),who are these guys from Shefield, has anyone els heard of this team, get them to CB, get them on the forum etc, 
           and please,i don't mean that to sound nasty, but thats just an example of how some things apear, and keeps them of the forum, anyway im not geting into an argument, so back to the thread.

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2008, 09:00:42 PM »
I'm simply trying to make the point of who cares who knows who, and who's done what.
Again I say it's not about being the best or most known, it's about having fun and making friends.

Yes well done to Claire for pushing the forums to other bockers, but tbh I don't care at all about display teams and things (simply because I've seen that side of things after working it for 3 years and everyone I met in such things were overly competitive, up their own asses, assumed they were always the best and overcharged for everything), the only person from a display team that I am interested in is Micke as I get on well with him having talked to him online for 2 years and I look forwards to updates on his injury and how well he is progressing, I see him as a real inspiration of what you can overcome and acheive.

I don't care if we get people who can flip and are part of teams to CB, I'm more interested in getting the "general" bockers there, and visitors such as XS coming from abroad.