Author Topic: Bocking Pants! ^_^  (Read 22149 times)

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
Re: Bocking Pants! ^_^
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2008, 07:11:37 PM »
Hey all, This is Jo.

To Hex:
I recieved your money and note today :) Thank you very much. I did tell Brendan you had sent me a love letter, and his reaction was..."Awwwww!" lol :P

I'll get your pants done and sent out to you as soon as possible, as I do have a few other commissions in the works at the moment :) Could you tell me what your last 3 letters/numbers of your postcode is please?...Wasn't sure if it was a zero or a 'Q' lol. Thanx :)

To bas231187:
That's great :) For your size, a pair of plain black bock pants are just £25 :) (If you decide you want any stencils, they're £5 each) Let me know when you've sent the money and i'll get yours out to you as soon as I can. I'll PM you my address which you can send it to. Please include your address in with your money :)

To Tok:
Sure thing. Just let me know when you're ready for them and we'll sort out the details :)

-{Jo}-

-{Spirit Of The Dragon Creations}-
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

• Elite Member
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2008, 07:01:45 PM »
Hey bas231187.

Jo got your money today... but the envelope was partially opened! :P
Luckily all the money was still in it. :)

But anyone else should really use recorded delivery. That way you know
your money won't go missing! :)

Hex, I imagine Jo already told you yours are nearly done. She's just finishing
the stencils. They look great! ;)
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • + + - - REDO FROM START - - + +
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2008, 01:40:51 PM »
I cant wait !! Yay!!!!!

Offline PowerJoe

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2008, 09:26:02 PM »
damn, i so want a pair but i know i will just grow out of them by next year, damn my youth lol

• Elite Member
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2008, 08:22:12 PM »
You could just get a pair that are a little too big for you.
They close with a draw string, so they won't fall down. ;)

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2008, 10:15:23 PM »
Any news on mine?? I have a thing at work on the 9th that I could use the trousers for! Think they will be ready by then??

• Elite Member
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2008, 10:29:36 PM »
D'oh, sorry Hex. She just left. (She was at my house, now she's gone home).

...But I'd say almost definitely. They've been almost completely finished for a few days now. She just needed some eyelets and the eyelet gun (which was here at my house... we live quite far apart). Now she has it. So I guess they'll be finished by the end of tomorrow. ;) But don't quote me on that.

You should definitely have them by the 9th though. :)

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2008, 10:32:17 PM »
ok cool, um, could you call me on 07795344343 before you send them please, as I may need them sent to my work address, Its a long address, and would be easyer to give it to you over the phone as I dont know when I will next be on here! cheers!

• Elite Member
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2008, 10:54:11 PM »
Lol, I doubt it will be easier, I've played the address or number over the phone game before. Sucks when there's even a slightly bad line, or two different accents. But sure thing. ;) Take it easy man. :) Any time in particular? Don't want to call you at work... how about a text?

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2008, 03:41:05 PM »
Tell you what, If you get this before you stick them in the post, please send them to:

SAC (T) Day
H8511117
216 SQN
RAF Brize Norton
Carterton
Oxon
OX18 3LX

(Thats my work address, could you send me a text aswell to let me know when you do post them! cheers!)

• Elite Member
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2008, 04:50:32 PM »
Sure thing.

I think my ex lived there when I was in Germany! :)
...though her Dad was in the army, not RAF.
Is there an army barracks near-by?

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2008, 06:41:55 PM »
No army barracks, but we do train all the paratroopers here, and we have JATEU which is the guys that throw stuff out the back of planes! lol

• Elite Member
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2008, 10:53:10 PM »
If you've recieved your trousers, please tell everyone how awesome they are! ;D

...if you hate them, keep it to yourself! ;) Lol! :)

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2008, 02:08:03 PM »
Hey!! Got the trousers!! They look awsome!! I havent been able to try them on yet, but Will do as soon as I can, and will get a pic up aswell!

Jo, they have been really well made, Thank you so much!
      Thanks for the note too! :P  (loved the lil pics!)

Guys and Girls!!
                    Get Your Bocking Trousers!!!!!!!!!

• Elite Member
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2008, 12:08:54 AM »
Well that's gotta be worth a quote! ;D

Guys and Girls!!
                    Get Your Bocking Trousers!!!!!!!!!

Offline Red_romper

« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2008, 05:45:11 PM »
Yay dragging up old posts.

How much extra would it be for fur fabric do you think for a wearwolf costume (unoriginal I know)

Red :scool:

click for details

Dark Knight

« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2008, 09:31:56 PM »
I wear pants when bocking incase my skirt flies up   :biggrin:

I'm about to make some furry ones  :)
But you know me got to try something different I'm going to use velcro tape fastening on the them so I can wear them off the stilts a leave the bottom on the stilts  :thumbs:

My problem I want either s***gy black, white or a natural grayish colour but can't find any  :(

There's something close at £11 a meter but it still got a line a effect on it  :-\

The fact I'm rubbish on a sewing machine doesn't help either  :D
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 12:22:40 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline magzzie

• A little taste of the Bocker within
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2008, 11:49:08 AM »
Im a great sewer i think. I would love some PJ Flares long enough to cover the foot plates they would be great.

• Elite Member
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2008, 03:03:30 PM »

How much extra would it be for fur fabric do you think for a wearwolf costume (unoriginal I know)

I'm a big fan of thread bumping! ;D lol.

I'll ask Jo when I see her later. I don't think they'd be much harder to make but I'm guessing furry material is a lot more expensive... funny considering how cheap it looks! ;D lol. The Werewolf idea is indeed old... but still awesome! ;D Wish I was brave enough to bock with a full face mask on. :)

...I don't think she's used fur before so she might have to go to the material place before she can work out the cost. I'll let you know soon. :)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 03:05:49 PM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »

Offline Red_romper

« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2008, 05:18:26 PM »
I'm planning make-up not a mask, it's just so much easier.

I was also thinking of getting a plain red pair anyway so my sizes are

Waist        32"
Bum          40"
Inside leg   49-50"
Outside leg 57-58"

So even if the fur doesn't work out it'd be nice to know costings for that please and thank yu

click for details

Dark Knight

« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2008, 05:22:12 PM »

I'm a big fan of thread bumping! ;D lol.

I'll ask Jo when I see her later. I don't think they'd be much harder to make but I'm guessing furry material is a lot more expensive... funny considering how cheap it looks! ;D lol. The Werewolf idea is indeed old... but still awesome! ;D Wish I was brave enough to bock with a full face mask on. :)

...I don't think she's used fur before so she might have to go to the material place before she can work out the cost. I'll let you know soon. :)
The cheap fur ( and looks it ) is about £4 a meter where as the good stuff is £12 but looks a lot better. The cheap stuff is one colour but the other as pattern but not the colours I want  ( dark red, Black or maybe white ) :(
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 12:02:28 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline Red_romper

« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2008, 11:27:26 AM »
Any news on the fur and normal trousers?

click for details

• Elite Member
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2008, 09:15:07 PM »
Hey there. This is the Jo, maker of bocking pants....tremble before me!!!! Mwuahahahaaaa!...LOL, nah just playing.

Right...fuzzy fur pants....erm...i'm guessing u want like a scraggy grey material....not chinchilla soft lol. Not sure where i'll get that from or how much it will be when i find it. Also, there is the matter of whether or not my machine can take it. But i'll do a test to find out for u.

Plain red pants... In the material i use, i've only seen it in black and white so far, but i shall take another look around. There should be some red somewhere ;) And i will let you know about costing for both the fuzzy and red when i can. Maybe around next week. But it should be plenty of time for halloween, if i can do it.

Bit more info than u asked for but....meh. lol :P

Jo

Offline Red_romper

« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2008, 11:29:54 PM »
You're probably goig to be making me trousers, you'rewelcome to waffle all you want lol *starts bowing*

click for details

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2008, 06:29:22 PM »
Hey there. This is the Jo, maker of bocking pants....tremble before me!!!! Mwuahahahaaaa!...LOL, nah just playing.

Right...fuzzy fur pants....erm...i'm guessing u want like a scraggy grey material....not chinchilla soft lol. Not sure where i'll get that from or how much it will be when i find it. Also, there is the matter of whether or not my machine can take it. But i'll do a test to find out for u.

Plain red pants... In the material i use, i've only seen it in black and white so far, but i shall take another look around. There should be some red somewhere ;) And i will let you know about costing for both the fuzzy and red when i can. Maybe around next week. But it should be plenty of time for halloween, if i can do it.

Bit more info than u asked for but....meh. lol :P

Jo

What fabric do you use? Do you overlock the seam allowance?