Author Topic: Bocking Pants! ^_^  (Read 22251 times)

Offline lil-lozzi

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
Re: Bocking Pants! ^_^
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2008, 09:13:48 PM »
Im a great sewer i think. I would love some PJ Flares long enough to cover the foot plates they would be great.

iv got normal trousers that do that lol

go in a old retro shop an try a pairof bell of flares on im sure u will find they are the right length :P

xx
lozzi
xx

Dark Knight

« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2008, 09:23:05 PM »
Im a great sewer i think. I would love some PJ Flares long enough to cover the foot plates they would be great.

iv got normal trousers that do that lol

go in a old retro shop an try a pairof bell of flares on im sure u will find they are the right length :P

xx
lozzi
xx

If you put my trousers on you would be a shirt  :biggrin:

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2008, 09:07:53 PM »
Hey, this be Jo again, speaking though Brendan's body. lol.

To Red_Romper:

A pair of bright red pants will be £30. Unfortunately, I haven't found any good fur thats reasonably priced. If i use the cheap stuff, i could end up choking my machine on the fuzz, and i really can't afford to splurge out for a new one, lol. Sorry about that.
But i'd be more than happy to do your red ones. Just let Brendan know when you want them ;)

To English Tailor:

RIght then lol... I'm kinda self taught so i don't know the professional terminology of such things lol. And bought patterns are a nightmare for my brain lol, so i tend to make my own in a way that i understand lol.
  Everything ive made, bocking pants included, are sewn on the inside and are always run through the machine twice so there's no worries of anything coming undone. I haven't had any complaints about poor sew-manship with what ive made lol. Woop woop lol.
  Oh, and they're made of soft cotton :)

Jo x
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 09:09:48 PM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2008, 01:21:07 PM »
i think thats a no on the overlocking then, i'll let ET explain it as i'm not entirely sure how they work myself

...and i don't know of anyone thats machined fur, these things should be carfeully sewn by hand and nurtured all the way to perfection

Dark Knight

« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2008, 05:35:59 PM »
I'm about to hand making a pair of furry ones but they'll more than likely end up being rubbish  :(
The furs £3.50 a meter but it's purple it fine for a laugh but not really what I wanted.  :-\
I may end up with two pair .... Brought way too much even if I make a waist coat as well.

I like a pair of " normal " ones too, in black  :Dark_Knight:

I'll PM you ?

Offline Red_romper

« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2008, 09:25:50 PM »
Cool, I suppose as soon as possible for the trousers thanks, shame about the fur though. The way you were saying it though Jo it sounded like the more expencive stuff you could make into a pair but at a much larger cost I assume.

Also DK how much do you think your spare pair would cost if you're willing to sell them?

Red :scool:

click for details

Dark Knight

« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2008, 10:04:17 PM »
I'm a rich git so if you can make the thick fur to work I may buy some !
I thinking of making the rest into a full outfit  :o
But I'll have a bash at the legs first and see how bad they look.  :Dark_Knight:

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2008, 03:03:54 PM »
hmm i was thinking why dont u use like old water proof pants that you can modify to make longer and bigger will give the user waterproof and long pants to hide the bocks also its quite strong material :thumbs:

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Dark Knight

« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2008, 04:37:11 PM »
Couldn't be  :censored: to hand sew all of them so I went out and brought a sewing machine from the shop the one I got the fur from ?

Why there .... Because the girl there is gorgeous and got a real girly girl voice  :P  :biggrin:

Still trying to get it to work  :banghead:
I'm a man, sewing womens work ( Did I just type that ? I'll mod it in a second before I get killed  :biggrin: )

I'm using the cheap fur so should work fine but if I want to use the good stuff I'm stuffed has most sewing machine wouldn't be able to sew it so that would have to be hand stitched that one  :-\

« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 05:07:44 PM by Dark Knight »

Dark Knight

« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2008, 10:30:31 AM »
Stupid , stupid machine I've broken a needle already and I've not even worked out how I got it to work the first time  :banghead:
My manuel show a little B/W picture where you stick the thread but the and use full and a chocolate tea pot  >:(
I need them for my Halloween outfit and I've got nothing else I could use ... stupid  :censored: sewing machine  :banghead:

• Elite Member
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2008, 05:54:51 PM »
It's Jo again :)

Oh dear, DK lol. You have to be careful what you sew and make sure you got it set up right before you try, otherwise you're gonna knacker the whole machine up. I'll try to help you through it as best i can, based on my machine.
   First, Make sure you got your needle in correctly ;) (refer to ur instructions for that)
   Then, there should be like a little metal prong on the top of the machine. Usually on your right and the one furthest away from you (or the bigger one). Pop your thread reel on that.

Now, underneath where you lead your material through, there shoud be a little compartment. If you open it, there will be some mechanics, with a little round metal case. Take the case out.

Get your bobbin (small plastic reel, it will fit inside the metal case), and wrap the end of the thread around it, just enough so it doesn't unravel. Then put it on the other metal prong (normally next to the thread reel), and click it to the side. Make sure that the thread is also hooked over the little 'stud' on top of the machine at the other end to the thread.

If you've done it right, when u press the peddle, the two reels will spin and the bobbin will start to wind a lot of thread around it self. If it start to unravel the thread on the bobbin, then its upside down. Just turn it over ;)

When the bobbin is full, take it off and put it in the small round metal case that was in the compartment. Then slide the end of the bobbin thread threw the cut in the case so that it comes out of the hole. Then put the case back into the compartment. Careful though, the bobbin can fall out! It may require you to lift a little handle on the metal case to put it back in.

No we need to sort out the other thread coming from the reel on the top of the machine. SOOO, take a hold of the thread, my dear, and take it around the stud (DONT WRAP!) and then down the first slot in the side of the machine facing you, and up the next one. In the second slot, you need to hook it onto a little metal hook inside. So turn the little wheel on the end of the machine slowly, and you'll see it pop up. Hook the thread over it coming from the right side and then down the left, continuing to the bottom of the slot.

Now thread it through the eye of your needle and pull it through (KEEP YOUR FOOT AWAY FROM YOUR PEDDLE!!!). Make sure you got a good length through so that it doesn't keep getting pulled out.

Now then, this is probably the trickieat bit. Turn the wheel on the end of your machine SLOWLY! You will see the metal case in the compartment move, and the needle will dip down into the compartment. Keep turning slowly till you see the needle come back up with another piece of thread comng from the compartment. CAREFULLY pull up this new thread to give you a bit of slack.

Now you're ready to go :) But a few tips first...

You should see like a little metal plate around the needle. If you feel around the back of the machine in line with the plate, you should feel a little lever. If you move this lever up or down, you will see the plate do the same. This is called the Foot, it's what pulls your material through and keeps your sewing straight and steady. Though, i'm not sure how it will react with fur, so you may need it up instead. BUT NEVER TAKE IT COMPLETELY OFF! It can also save ur fingers ;)

When you are taking the fabric through, DONT pull it through. It wil space out the stitches and can possibly not sew at all.

Well, now i feel like a total granny lol. Hope that helps you a bit, DK :) Good luck.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 05:59:38 PM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline callumb

« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2008, 08:44:44 PM »
Sewing of the fingers. Painful!  :-\

Dark Knight

« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2008, 09:09:56 PM »
I did get it going a couple of time and the fur is fine on the machine, I got it from the same place I of the fur so then know what I was doing with it. The think fur will need to be hand done as most machine can do it !?

• Elite Member
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2008, 11:24:13 AM »
It's weird logging on and seeing I posted yesterday... when I didn't. :)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2008, 09:22:22 PM »
And I thought you'd gone all art and craft on us Brendan  :haha:

Not that I'm old but one of my Sewing Machines (3 at the moment) has a Shuttle and the little bobbin in that is like a little torpedo and runs out in no time but that old Singer will sew through anything (3 layers of thin tin and a thin sheet of plywood {don't ask why and no I was sober at the time  :biggrin:})

Good instructions though how can DK fail now  :haha:

What you need is what I had DK
My Grandmother taught me to sew and machine when I was about 5

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Dark Knight

« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2008, 01:38:09 AM »
Thanks for the tip Naz. ;)

I am so going to have to hassle you for a pair!!!! They are awsome 'ALL HAIL JO! ALL HAIL JO!!!!'  Erm, what measurements does she need??

And would it be Possible to have 'EA Bockers' down one leg 'Its in the springs' down the other, with 'HEX' on the bum??  Let me know if it will cost more, Im good for the money!

Hex, Jo says it'll cost her about £5 per stencil.

She needs your waist circumference,
Bum circumference,
Inside leg measurement whilst wearing bocks (that's from your groin all the way to the ground)
And measurement from your waist to the ground (also whilst on bocks).

Black or white material is available at the moment. What colour do you want the logo's in?

So send me the measurements and she'll get back to you with the price.
Payment would be via cheque, postal order... or cash if you feel lucky... well, do ya', punk! ;D

And she most appreciated the 'HAILS' ;D lol.

Little tip for people measuring, get someone to help  :-[
One thing how come you need one " (that's from your groin all the way to the ground) " There's very few of us with stilts of a different height ( A hint about DNA there ? ) so why not just inside leg to foot plate then add plate to ground .

• Elite Member
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2008, 07:24:29 PM »
THIS IS JO AGAIN! :)

[/quote]
One thing how come you need one " (that's from your groin all the way to the ground) " There's very few of us with stilts of a different height ( A hint about DNA there ? ) so why not just inside leg to foot plate then add plate to ground .
[/quote]

Because my dear fellow... there may not be stilts of different heights but there are people with different legs ;) Sooooo, the inside leg measurement (groin to floor) whilst on your bocks will be slightly different. And I need to know where abouts your groin is so that you dont end up with it down by your knees or too high up.... hence why i need the waist to ground measurement aswell... to make sure everything is where it's supposed to be and wont strain when you're doing your tricks.

So whilst on your bocks, i need...
waist to floor
groin to floor
bum circumference
waist circumference

Thats how i get them to fit right for every individual, and not be like a parachute as many one sizers tend to fit like lol.

Hope that answers your question.

Jo

(Sorry for posting in your name again, Brendan.. mwa  :-*)

Dark Knight

« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2008, 09:57:40 PM »
Well I managed to cut my to bits  :-[
Broke all the needles (3) and ended up hand sewing them.
Their not fantastic but they are the first ones I've made  :-\
I'm after a good pair still.  ;)

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2009, 10:28:34 PM »
this threads getting a bit old  :Cwideeyed:just wondering if there was still any possibility of getting the pants made up? because i'm thinking about getting a pair, so i can scare the locals around the village (they're all a bit thick and chavvy)

Not saying i will definitely be after pants, just wondering if the thread is still live, and if so, i'll try get permission from my parents to spend more of the money i should be saving on that trip to the himalyas, then i'll send you my measurements if both things are good :D

Really it's all down to if you're still selling the pants, and if my parents are willing to let me spend more money  :laughS: