Author Topic: noob - help with weight and springs  (Read 2707 times)

Offline theshuffledrummer

noob - help with weight and springs
« on: August 19, 2008, 01:14:24 PM »
i have just been introduced to the wonder that is bocking (if that is what its called) and am dying to give it a go.

from all the forums i have read through i have decided to go with the PJ's for my first pair, however, i was wondering how the weight with the springs works. if i was to get some M80s but then lost weight through using them, would it effect how much (hight and speed) i could do on them or is it all down to technique after a learning period?

i would also love to meet any1 that bocks in the manchester area

thanks, craig

Offline Nobby

• Gravity works....
Re: noob - help with weight and springs
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 04:31:46 PM »
ProJump recommend that you should go 10 kilos above your weight when choosing your stilts. I'm 72 ish kilos and got M80's and   I'm doing ok on them,TBH I think I shoulda started out with M70's 'cos I still don't bottom out. But then I'm old and my back's pretty much knackered! Hope you have a lot of fun when you get your PJ's...A word of advice,don't be c*cky and think that you don't need the protective gear,for what it costs it's well worth having....Welcome to the crazy world of Bocking!!! :biggrin: :thumbs:

-Nobby

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 12:19:21 AM »
Without pads. . . ARE YOU MAD? not a chance i would try that, i just meant learning curve as in walking, running and jumping, not that i think that will be too easy either , cheers for taking the time to give precious needed advice.

Offline Nobby

• Gravity works....
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 01:33:14 AM »
 :haha: :haha: Well,yes,I am!!! :banana:  :biggrin:  :biggrin: Walking and running are easy enough if you have good balance to start with.... Standing still on stilts is nigh on impossible as you need to move about to retain your balance,so walking about on them is a good thing for tuning up the middle ear!!...Being able to jump so high isn't natural for a human being,so, take your time,if it doesn't come naturally, then it will take practice..... :thumbs: :thumbs: :banghead: And don't look down,with impetus,the weight of your head will overcome your centre of gravity....

-Nobby
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 01:52:13 AM by Nobby »

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 01:14:17 PM »
i will keep that in mind, cheers again

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 03:22:51 PM »
How heavy are you in kg whilst wearing the sort of clothes and shoes you would bock in?
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 12:49:25 PM »
i am just over 70kg so guessin around 75kg with the clothes and pads. thats why i was thinkin bout gettin the M80's