Author Topic: Spring stiffness question  (Read 3267 times)

Offline rule110

Spring stiffness question
« on: August 21, 2008, 04:43:11 PM »
Just got my first pair of bocks. From my limited amount of jumping so far i think their fantastic. However it seems that either i don't weigh enough, or my springs are really stiff, or both. I bought the next weight class up from mine like the website suggests, but damn, i'm not getting much deflection in my springs.

How much of the issue would be helped by me gaining weight, versus the springs getting "broken in"?

Offline Nobby

• Gravity works....
Re: Spring stiffness question
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 04:59:51 PM »
Just keep bouncing about on them! They break in after a while. :biggrin: :thumbs:

-Nobby

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 05:02:41 PM »
Few questions:

How long have you been bocking?
How heavy are you in kg?
What springs did you get?

Also where abouts are you from, there may be people local to you?
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline rule110

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 05:19:34 PM »
My first day bocking was last Tuesday. I was on them for about 2 hours. There's a hurricane in the area so i can't go outside for a few days.

I'm 65.8 kilograms (145 pounds).

I bought this set (M80s): http://www.air-trekkers.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=70&zenid=454b0d6521fe90dd01ff84a1e1e4f43d

I was about to buy the M70s but then i saw a note on the site that said to buy the set that is a weight class above your own. And the guy who shipped them to me also verified this in an email.

I live in northern Florida in the USA. I think I'm the only one in my city (Jacksonville) who has them. I'm just speculating but i wouldn't be surprised. I know most of you if not all of you on this forum are across the pond from me. I feel lonely over here. I want bock with yall.

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 05:34:43 PM »
Well as you've only been on them for 2 hours you have nothing to worry about, if you had said you'd been on them 2 months i would have been concerned.

You just have to practise, don't expect to be jumping 6ft within the first week.
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!