Author Topic: should i get children stilts or adults?  (Read 3513 times)

Offline Lildrakie

should i get children stilts or adults?
« on: October 02, 2008, 01:24:30 PM »
im aged 12 4 foot 10 and 35 kilos (77 pounds) and since I am going through a groth spirt not sure wether to get adult stilts or children stilts.
since the lowest weight model is 60 - 69 kgs and 5 ft  ???

Offline K-rock

• SkyHigh
Re: should i get children stilts or adults?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 02:18:18 PM »
I'd say to get the adult stilts, however they will take longer to break in, but if not you'll end up buying the adult stilts soon enough anyway. Check out the sky high video 'first blood' as an idea of how small these kids are on adult stilts. Hope I helped!

Bock 'n' Roll!!

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 03:07:27 PM »
Hi  LD

Def dont get the kids versions as you will out grow them vvv quick. However, you r still a tad on theshort side still for adults.  There are a couple of things you can do which ill mention in a mo.

But1st where are you? You may be able to try a pair out as there are peepsallover the place now. Spring weight will not matter, just acase of walking andtesting frame size foryou.

The prob of an adult frame for you is 2fold.

1st its heavy compared to your body weight.This means you will not get quite as high as a heavier person. But it may also mean you will develop and much better style tocompensate.

2nd When jumping and doing tricks the back of the spring 'jabs' into the backof the leg. Doesnt sound much   but its bl**dy painfull. There are to ways to stop/mitigate this. At 4'10'' you would need to do both. A/ but some padding on the top of the spring post. b/ get hold of some thick dense foamy plastic and cut to shape and glue/tape to footplate ( thick old fashioned flip flops with thestraps cut off work - often to be foundina £ shop).  Attached is a picture of Caroline on Jersey,she is also 12 , note the foam under her shoes to 'lift her up'.

Offline Silly_Willy08

• Your Gorgeous x
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 03:17:44 PM »
We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all.

(:

(♥)

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 04:38:54 PM »
y dont u just reed previos posts coz there is about a million of them like this 1 and your one

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 07:35:21 PM »
people have already answered your question so i dunno why you keep asking??

Mini Ellis xx

Offline Lildrakie

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 11:33:39 PM »
I'd say to get the adult stilts, however they will take longer to break in, but if not you'll end up buying the adult stilts soon enough anyway. Check out the sky high video 'first blood' as an idea of how small these kids are on adult stilts. Hope I helped!

you did help but could u put up a link for this movie?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 11:38:58 PM by Lildrakie »

Offline K-rock

• SkyHigh
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 02:22:29 PM »

Fresh blood mate.

Enjoy :D

Bock 'n' Roll!!

Offline Krispi

• WooHoo!!! I bock on f60's with LilDrakie!!!
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2008, 09:59:47 AM »
Hey Bish. I was asking the same question. When I went to Grahams shop he suggested child, and I tried them on. Ill call you and ask if you can come over tomorrow before break so you can try mine on. You can also have a go of adults at zanyyare when Graham brings his sets down every now and again.

Cheers XD :P