Author Topic: Pro-Jump stilts for my son..  (Read 11576 times)

Offline Cloggy

Pro-Jump stilts for my son..
« on: November 24, 2008, 11:12:31 AM »
Hello all, Hope someone can help me.
My son George or 'Cloggy' joined the forum yesterday, (with a bit of help from me!), he was worried that the 50kg Pro-Jump stilts he was after were only available in Pink! As suggested by 'SX Nutta' I rang them and they were nice people, however they do not have any other colour but pink in stock until way after xmas.
Now 'rickbicker26' suggested I go for the 60kg, but Rebecca who I spoke to at Pro-Jump thought they'd be too much for Cloggy - he weighs just over 6 stones.
I'd like to know you guys and gals opinions, or anywhere else I can get them from. I found this on the net...
There are 3 main companies producing lower cost powerbocks for hobbyists. Fly Jumpers, PoweriZers (now also called PowerStriders) and Pro Jumps are some of the range of identical models produced by one company in China. Poweriser brand powerbocks are produced in Korea. 7 League Boots are produced by an Austrian company and are the most expensive of the non-pro brands.
...is this true?

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: Pro-Jump stilts for my son..
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 12:20:38 PM »
Hi,
we had a simular question a little while back. Sprog is the expert  :thumbs:

ProJump sell "ProJump Stilts", which are FlyingLocust. PoweriZer, FlyJumper, AirTrekker, SpeedJumper and JollyJumper are all FlyingLocust stilts. Hope this helps :)

They are the names for the bocks that are exactly the same as Pro-jumps. Powerisers are different and they do come from a different factory. 7's are a fair bit different to all the other brands. The springs are more responsive.

Your best bet is to do some googling and see where you can find them

:spudT:

Dark Knight

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 12:22:40 PM »
What age,weight and hight is he ?
Jnr stilts have about half the power of the adult pairs and if he's growing then maybe he may need bigger ones ?
With Jnr sizes 10Kg over would last but if it's a case that he could fit in an adult pair of his weight then they  may last longer ?
Without details it's hard to know ?
This link should also help you :thumbs:

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1054.0
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 12:26:32 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 01:39:43 PM »
There are 3 main companies producing lower cost powerbocks for hobbyists. Fly Jumpers, PoweriZers (now also called PowerStriders) and Pro Jumps are some of the range of identical models produced by one company in China. Poweriser brand powerbocks are produced in Korea. 7 League Boots are produced by an Austrian company and are the most expensive of the non-pro brands.
...is this true?
That sounds very much like something I wrote, or plagarized from something I've written, so yes it's true ;D

Just over 6 stone is about 39-41kg, which means he's right on the border between the F30's (30-40kg) and F40's (40-50kg). I'm assuming as you mentioned pink you are considering buying the junior pairs, and he'll need F50's ideally.
How tall is he? If he's under 5ft there is no point in buying him M60's (Adult frame) as he won't be able to use them. Between 5' and about 5'3" you'll need to make a few modifications for him to be able to use them, which basically involves raising his foot up by placing a platform on the footplate (Where you stand). This can be done with wood, flip-flops, really whatever you have lying around that will provide a solid even surface that can be fixed down. Over 5'3" and he'll be able to use adult frames no problem (although at 41kg that'll make him really thin, so you'll have to pad out the kneebars for him using pipe insulation, or get calf cuffs).

Having no idea of his size and a rough estimate on his weight, I'm going to suggest you go for the F50's, junior pair. HOWEVER, I think that George should wait until he has grown and fits the adult frames. The junior bocks are no way near as bouncy, and due the shorter spring with sharper curvature, it means the springs are a lot stiffer and harder to use. However, if he wants them he can learn on them and then progress to the adult frames when the time comes, I think he might just be a bit dissapointed with the kids models though.

Sadly I can't link to other sites due to the forum policy *shakes fist at webmaster* so I'll send you a sneaky PM with a lot of info ;)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 01:56:36 PM by sprog »

Offline 0o0matthew0o0

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 05:26:47 PM »
i weigh about 44kg and am on 60s and just brought new 60s Go For 60es

You Dont Know Your Lumits Till You Have Pushed Them Too Far!

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 06:07:45 PM »
...is this true?
That sounds very much like something I wrote, or plagarized from something I've written, so yes it's true ;D

Just over 6 stone is about 39-41kg, which means he's right on the border between the F30's (30-40kg) and F40's (40-50kg). I'm assuming as you mentioned pink you are considering buying the junior pairs, and he'll need F50's ideally.
How tall is he? If he's under 5ft there is no point in buying him M60's (Adult frame) as he won't be able to use them. Between 5' and about 5'3" you'll need to make a few modifications for him to be able to use them, which basically involves raising his foot up by placing a platform on the footplate (Where you stand). This can be done with wood, flip-flops, really whatever you have lying around that will provide a solid even surface that can be fixed down. Over 5'3" and he'll be able to use adult frames no problem (although at 41kg that'll make him really thin, so you'll have to pad out the kneebars for him using pipe insulation, or get calf cuffs).

Having no idea of his size and a rough estimate on his weight, I'm going to suggest you go for the F50's, junior pair. HOWEVER, I think that George should wait until he has grown and fits the adult frames. The junior bocks are no way near as bouncy, and due the shorter spring with sharper curvature, it means the springs are a lot stiffer and harder to use. However, if he wants them he can learn on them and then progress to the adult frames when the time comes, I think he might just be a bit dissapointed with the kids models though.

Sadly I can't link to other sites due to the forum policy *shakes fist at webmaster* so I'll send you a sneaky PM with a lot of info ;)

im 5ft and im fine with the adult frames :P

Mini Ellis xxx

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 06:19:49 PM »
Yes, but look at your sig, The back of the spring digs in to the back of your leg. Does me too but I cant be bothered to fix it lol

Offline 0o0matthew0o0

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 06:21:14 PM »

Mini Ellis xxx

Your shortter then that

Offline 0o0matthew0o0

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 06:22:23 PM »
Yes, but look at your sig, The back of the spring digs in to the back of your leg. Does me too but I cant be bothered to fix it lol

What a lot of people do is Put sponge there so it doent hurt.

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 06:26:17 PM »

Mini Ellis xxx

Your shortter then that

Nope im 5ft :D unlucks

and spud stilts digging in happens to most people i new a guy the other day who was getting on for at least 5ft 7/8 and his stilts dig in the back of this legs, its just one of those things, so you either put foam on the tops of the springs or on the footplates to make u taller...

fixed =]

Mini Ellis xx

Offline Jack

• EA Bocker
    • www.eabockers.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 06:27:16 PM »
if ur worried bout the spring bein to hard ask pro-jump if they have any lighter adult springs like 55 or sumthin cus thatd probs be better

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 06:30:44 PM »
my springs digg in to the bk of my legs and im 5'10.5" but it only happens when i do checks but i thnk thats just coz i have cuffs

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 06:31:28 PM »
I know but if you are a much inder 5ft it's actually going to be in the back of your knees a lots of the time of the time. I know loads of people have it but there is a point where you can cope/fix it and where it actually makes bocking difficult

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2008, 06:33:16 PM »
so are you saying because they dig in to buy junors...?? or what ? because the top of the spring in the back of my legs really dnt bother me

Offline Jack

• EA Bocker
    • www.eabockers.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2008, 06:34:19 PM »
sorry to go off topic but does anyone know what happened to the paint !?

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2008, 06:43:18 PM »
so are you saying because they dig in to buy junors...?? or what ? because the top of the spring in the back of my legs really dnt bother me

Ah..you are never going to get my point lol. You are 5ft. Its fine. I was when I got my bocks and its no real big shakes. But the shorter you are the higher the spring is on your leg. There will be a point, and its probably only a couple of inches or so where the back of the spring will be in the back of your leg all of the time. Its not too bad at 5ft but it could be a problem if you are much shorter.

he only weighs 6kg, I cannot imagine that he is very tall. There is also only so much padding or what not to raise the footplate.

Do you understand what I mean now?

« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 06:45:14 PM by Spud »

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2008, 06:59:15 PM »
if ur worried bout the spring bein to hard ask pro-jump if they have any lighter adult springs like 55 or sumthin cus thatd probs be better
You can't get M55's. They only go in 10kg increments.

he only weighs 6kg, I cannot imagine that he is very tall. There is also only so much padding or what not to raise the footplate.
You are right Spud, you can only raise the footplate about 1" otherwise there is nothing to stop your foot moving back and forth.

Mini Ellis xxx
Yeah but you're weird :P

Offline Jack

• EA Bocker
    • www.eabockers.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2008, 07:02:51 PM »
You can't get M55's. They only go in 10kg increments.

yh but they vary slightly so some are heavier and some are lighter ask them specifically for some slightly lighter ones.

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2008, 07:20:15 PM »
if he only weights 6kg i can imagine hes VERY short but just becuase u dnt weight much dnt mean to say that u have to be short, but i see what you mean

Mini Ellis xx

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2008, 07:21:32 PM »
yh but they vary slightly so some are heavier and some are lighter ask them specifically for some slightly lighter ones.
They come out the factory with 30, 40, 50, 60 etc written on the bottom. None will have 55.
I'm 99% certain ProJump do not test every pair of stilts they have to see what the optimum weight is for them, nor do they look for lighter or heavier ones and specifically ship them out depending on the user's weight. ProJump don't make, assemble or test the stilts. That's all done in China by FlyingLocust.

Offline Jack

• EA Bocker
    • www.eabockers.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2008, 07:24:19 PM »
well i saw a post ages ago were some1 wanted 120s but PJ dont make 120s nemore so he asked them for some heavier 110s they sent him some 116s...

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2008, 07:24:36 PM »
if he only weights 6kg i can imagine hes VERY short but just becuase u dnt weight much dnt mean to say that u have to be short, but i see what you mean

Mini Ellis xx
6KG. I Meant stone lol...

He isnt that old either and we are only really guessing till we know how tall but I still think it will be too short for adults really

Does the number on the bottom of the stilts have anything to do with weight?

« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 07:26:17 PM by Spud »

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2008, 07:27:15 PM »
yeah thats the spring weight

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2008, 08:03:55 PM »
well i saw a post ages ago were some1 wanted 120s but PJ dont make 120s nemore so he asked them for some heavier 110s they sent him some 116s...
Therefore, you are crazy. :P

Indeed it is. M60's have 60 on the bottom, and so on and so forth...

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2008, 08:09:36 PM »
Indeed it is. M60's have 60 on the bottom, and so on and so forth...

:( I started on knackered 70's which must have been like 50's lol and then went to not knackered 70's...but now apparently they are 78's which is nearly 80's and that sucks and would explain why I find them so stiff