Author Topic: Ankle supports  (Read 12798 times)

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
Re: Ankle supports
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2008, 06:21:20 PM »
Hey man; I got one of these when I broke my ankle (or maybe it was a really bad spraign, if you trust the doctor..but I dont)...anyway...it is this thing:

http://www.braceshop.com/productcart/pc/DonJoy-MaxTrax-Air-Walking-Boot-10p870.htm

It helped me out a TON.  I couldn't even stand up without being in tons of pain without it;  but with it on I was walking up and down stairs with not so much as a hitch. :)

I highly reccomend one.  If you are a bigger guy; I can sell you mine. I'm 6 feet even; 180lbs...shoe size 10.  And mine fit me snug...I think its pretty much universal...I think they have Small, Medium, and Large. Mine is the large but its got adjustable straps on it that you can tighten a lot...  If you want it; shoot me a pm I'll send it to you for $50 + shipping.  Pretty sure thats a lot cheaper than you can get one anywhere.   And mine is in 100% condition...

Even if you don't buy mine though; I really highly reccomend one of these...they saved me for the month it took my foot to heal.  ;D

yer i live in the uk so is a bit far + i don't want something like that if u reed my first post i sed i wanted something light weight that i can go to a gymnastics place with

@ dk u still don't make eny sense and yer sprog pwned u hard and proper in the bum
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 06:23:35 PM by Greg11 »

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2008, 06:36:23 PM »
when i did my ankle in riding i got one of these
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=1203
and i still got it around here some where

Dark Knight

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2008, 06:37:33 PM »
Foote that's one heck of a brace looks comfy. I twist my ankle all the time ( lucky I can't feel my foot !? ).
Ankle are hard joints to get better once broken and if a brace like helps relief pain when walking fantastic.

Off topic.   Jack little test you can try ! ask the next person you see to point to their achilles heel and they'll point to the back off the leg which mean that what people call that area !
Just because it's not really call that doesn't mean people don't have a name for it ( Let what's Cellulite ? ).

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2008, 10:41:56 PM »
Ok folks ACHILLE'S was a greek who was invunerable to attack due to being dipped into a magic potion when he was a baby (and no he didn't do Kebabs before anyone asks  :biggrin:)

The woman doing the dipping (his mother I believe) held him by one heel thus the potion didn't get to that bit and later he was defeated but some smart a** stabbing him in the heel

Hence "an Achilles heel" is now the term for any week point in the chain or any weekness that can or does cause failure

When the early Docs all got round the table to name the bits of the body they were all into Greek and Roman mythology (hence all the Latin and funny names) and they called the tendon down the back of the heel (wait for it ) The Achilles Tendon

So DK as your ankle is now a week spot in your body it is now "Your Achilles Heel" but when you had it crushed it wasn't  :biggrin:

So Sprog was tecnicaly right but if you jump on the bike and crush it again you would be  :haha:

That was long but worth it (to me anyway  :nana:)

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Dark Knight

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2008, 11:03:34 PM »
According to a myth arising later, his mother, Thetis, had dipped the infant Achilles in the river Styx, holding onto him by his heel, and he became invulnerable where the waters touched him -- that is, everywhere but the areas covered by her thumb and forefinger -- implying that only a heel wound could have been his downfall.

The anatomical basis of Achilles death is more likely to have been injury to his posterior tibial artery below the medial malleolus. It is noted that this area would have been included in Thetis’ grip and therefore would have been vulnerable.

I've said for year my Achillies heel is my achillies heel !

Unless you read medical books people call the heel " The Achilies heel " their people of have named their shop " Achillies Heel " because they hurt theirs and people understand where it means !
http://achillesheel.co.uk/about.php

Offline Trip

• EA Bocker
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2008, 12:03:28 AM »
Never heard so much rubbish, at least poor Greggles will get to have a laugh, all he wanted was a decent ankle support not a lesson on Greek mythology.. Ha ha  ;D, all the best with your recovery by the way mate, shame i wont see you tommorrow bud  :thumbs:

Dark Knight

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2008, 02:35:42 AM »
I think Jason and I started going a little off topic, still not much going on so .....

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2008, 12:57:02 AM »
I really wish I hadn't started reading that....what a load of cattle poo

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2008, 05:40:12 PM »
well you do miss all that dont you??

i think they were trying to remind you of home with all that poo :banana:

Dark Knight

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2008, 06:12:59 PM »
You can twist your ankle when wearing stilts !
I was using my new S-Rex ( big hoops ) and the strap slipped and I twisted my bad leg.
But if you tighten everything up that shouldn't happen !?

Offline Rude Dog

• Radically Radioactive!
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2008, 10:23:13 PM »
just gaffa it :D

Whats the worst that can happen?

Not a bad idea, but use martial arts wrist straps.  :tape:

£2.99 on eBay
Bocks: Pro-Jump Exo Pro / Air-Trekkers Extreme - CZ80s
I was sneaking and peeping and scoping the scene, you know copping a major 'tude,
when I cut loose this bunch of dweebs, boy time to teach them some rude! Eh, dog that is...