Author Topic: Rattle, even though I've tightened/checked bolts?  (Read 7552 times)

Dark Knight

Re: Rattle, even though I've tightened/checked bolts?
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2009, 09:59:53 PM »
2--check that the nuts that hold the side rods haven't come loose (bottom of the rods either side of your foot)
Jason that's the one thing I didn't think of  :-[
Told her to let you have a go and fix it at the weekend has she did like the idea of taking to spring off.  :Dark_Knight:

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2009, 01:52:49 PM »
3--If the spring is loose you will be able to move it with your hand (try to make the gap at the front bigger by pushing the spring back) if there is any movement you need to push something in front of the spring (an old store card normally does the trick the credit card type)

and don't forget to pad sideways on teh joint aswell, if that's where the problem is, i'll see if i can do a video showing how bad it can be, as i have some pretty serious movement aswell, mostly because the holes in my springs have become deformed as i didn't do the padding yet on that spring, the other one i padded a while ago, and since then i stopped getting snapped bolts on that one

Offline dlipford370

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2009, 11:03:39 PM »
I had the same exact click you described, you would hear it when you lift your foot.  Mine ended up being the top bolts holding the spring in.  Anyone ever think of using loctite on thoes ?  Its a thread locker type goop that keeps bolts from undoing themselves....  Ideas?  hmm

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2009, 11:21:55 PM »
My top bracket usually is the first thing to cause clicks. Replace bushings and it will stop. But it wont be long until it starts again.. I just let them wear down first. Can put up with some clicking.

Some mods to bushings have been done:
Jason makes his own (think he does it differently now tho)
http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=826.0

This one is probs closest to what you are thinking of and it's done using epoxy resin
http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1271.0

There might be more on bushings ;) I guess the loctite could work. Try stuff out. There is not much really in the way of bushings mods, considering it is such a common problem and cause of clicks.

:spudT: