Author Topic: Kiwi style spring armour  (Read 17691 times)

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
Re: Kiwi style spring armour
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2009, 10:04:27 PM »
twin rail's are a set of tyres that cost about £25 each

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2009, 10:09:22 PM »
Ah. Thanks.
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline JumpinJim

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2009, 10:44:19 PM »
Oh and they look awesome with silver eyelets! ^_^
And slightly gothic if you like that kinda thing. ^_^

Just had a look at some eyelets on ebay.. quite a good idea!! What the best size, an how many eyelets would you need to get?

Offline clive

• Elite Member
  • jump as high as you can ,,worry about the landing
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2009, 10:52:41 PM »
Hi i would just like to say to who is thinking of buying these that iv seen them on kiwi stilts when we had our meet and they look great she has put alot of time on them and is worth the money..

• Elite Member
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2009, 11:18:20 PM »
Just had a look at some eyelets on ebay.. quite a good idea!! What the best size, an how many eyelets would you need to get?

Ooh good question. Because the first kind I used sucked! But I don't think I have the box anymore so I can't tell you what kind the good ones are. Not the smallest kind though. I think mine might be 6 or 7mm. If you can get them cheap, you might just have to go by trial and error. And make sure you're agressive with the tool. The eyelets need to really bite into the rubber to stop the holes stretching and not fall out.
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Benny B aka Hero MC

• I jump higher than high~You cant see me coz I fly
    • Benny B's Soundclick
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2009, 03:00:17 PM »
jus a quik question.
at da mo i ave gaffered my springs if i put the tyre mod on shud i leave the tape or wud it hinder the effectiveness of my springs avin both on?
got a couple minutes to spare? check out my "jackass style" vids.
I'm not held liable for your sides splitting!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=bennyboy86&view=videos

OR

Check my Uk Hip Hop Tunes
http://www.soundclick.com/HeroMcakaBenEakaBennyB

Dark Knight

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2009, 04:07:54 PM »
jus a quik question.
at da mo i ave gaffered my springs if i put the tyre mod on shud i leave the tape or wud it hinder the effectiveness of my springs avin both on?
Shouldn't hinder :)

• Benny B's Soundclick
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2009, 04:16:35 PM »
yea didnt fink so but jus wanted to check, mite mod it today if i can b arsed to go out n get sum cable ties! lol

OR

• Elite Member
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2009, 06:08:55 PM »
Don't use cable ties, you'll stab yourself doing grabs. I used cushy laces.

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2009, 06:13:22 PM »
i agree with brendan.... im regretting using cable ties coz as soon as i hold the springs i shred my hands ... .

• Benny B's Soundclick
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2009, 07:17:59 PM »
i didnt like the idea of laces to be honest so instead i did use the cable ties, cut them flush and put a blob of silicone sealent on the top of each one, wait till it set slightly, and moulded it around the edges of the cable tie.
and it works!!!!! :Cbiggrin:

OR