Author Topic: Weight and Type..  (Read 7697 times)

Offline teddi

Weight and Type..
« on: January 29, 2009, 07:07:19 PM »
Hello!

Im new to this kinda stuff, but ive found 2 7 League boots that im intressed in.

S-REX - TYPE X                 90-120 KG

"Suitable for adults with a weight between 14ST - 19ST
(90Kg - 120Kg) The ultimate jumping stilt for Extreme stilt Jumpers"

T-REX PRO                       70Kg - 90Kg

"Suitable for adults with a weight between 11ST - 14ST (70Kg - 90Kg)
The new T-rex Pro come with: - Anti pressure pad for support on the back of the
knee - New aluminium buckles on the bindings - Stronger fiberglass spring with
a 12 month complete break guaruntee - Self-locking stainless steel screws for extra security."

I weight around 67 Kilograms and I want to jump high.
Which ones is the best choice? I'm not intressed in buying a pair for training, and
then afterwards buy the "best" choice. I'll use them very often.

[link removed]
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 07:11:46 PM by Spud »

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: Weight and Type..
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 07:21:19 PM »
Hi,

The thing about buying the "best choice" is that it changes. Initially you are best off getting bocks 10-20kg over your weight but as your technique gets better may need to upgrade, If you start on the higher bocks its not the best choice initally as can really slow down your progress.

I would personally say T-rex. And if anything not S-rex type X, Type R maybe. But I would see what other 7's users say.

I personally use projumps. I love them and they are much cheaper. They are not quite as responsive as 7's but a great beginners pair and will leave you with some spare cash to upgrade later.

Welcome to the forum. Where abouts are you?

:spudT:

Btw, the link was removed as links to other UK sellers are not allowed here

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 07:24:25 PM »
i'd say the T-rexes for now, lovely springs, type X-es are very stiff compared to them, but with practice you could use them effectively, me: 60KG on T-rexes atm, a few months ago i was doing quite well on the s-rex pro-energies(diamonds), but didn't bock in a while and had to go back, so consider how much and how regularly you're going to bock

Offline teddi

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 07:49:36 PM »
Ok. Thanks for the answers, and thanks for the warm welcoming =)
I did not know about that rule, im very sorry for that.

Im from sweden and thinking about buying some to exercice and having fun with my friends.

What projumps can you recommend?
And why you rather say type R? arent those for sprinting?

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 08:03:57 PM »
 :Csmile: We are a nice bunch really and no worries about the link  :Cwink:

If you are in sweden you can't get "projumps" but there are other brands that sell the same product. Some people might be able to suggest another brand but I am not that good with brands in other countries. But as for springs, I would suggest getting either M80's or 90s, depending on how much sport you have done before.

Type R's are for sprinting, but only really if you are in the weight bracket for them. They are actually just softer than the X's which is good if you are lower than the suggested weight

Offline teddi

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 09:43:27 PM »
Okay, thank you very much for your kindness and information.
I am pretty fit etc but yeah, kinda low weight.

I'll show this thread to my friends, and hopefully we'll have our minds straight.

Thanks for tips and advices!

Dark Knight

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 10:02:38 PM »
When poeple ask about what size we forget this link !?
http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2645.0

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 10:10:33 PM »

Which doesnt give any good info except for a link.
http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1054.msg12259#msg12259

And, some people are different. This was originally about 7's and not PJs, good guide all the same.

Dark Knight

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 10:54:54 PM »

Which doesnt give any good info except for a link.

And, some people are different. This was originally about 7's and not PJs, good guide all the same.
Naz would bop you if you said otherwise

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 11:06:24 PM »
 :haha: Probably!  :Ctongue: A scary one is Naz  :Ctongue:

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 11:09:35 PM »
NAZ!!! spud called u scary!!!

get her naz make me mod instead :Claugh:

mwuahahahaha :Crolleyes:

evil spud calling naz scary naz is kind and nice unless u step on her foot then she eats u and spits out ur brain :Ctwitcy: :Cnotworthy: :Ceek: :Cerr:

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline springstorm

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 06:35:07 PM »
Hello Spud,
I am a complete newbie to bocking and I am going to get a set.  I am here in the USA (Houston,  Texas) and I found a set of FLYING JUMPER PRO JUMPING STILTS MB100.  Are these any good?

Also, I weigh 205 pounds (205 pounds = 92.9864359 kilograms)  haha I used google for the conversion.  Anyhow I am in good shape but this will be the first time I use a set.  How high would you recommend I go over on the weight category?

Thanks a million.

Hi,

The thing about buying the "best choice" is that it changes. Initially you are best off getting bocks 10-20kg over your weight but as your technique gets better may need to upgrade, If you start on the higher bocks its not the best choice initally as can really slow down your progress.

I would personally say T-rex. And if anything not S-rex type X, Type R maybe. But I would see what other 7's users say.

I personally use projumps. I love them and they are much cheaper. They are not quite as responsive as 7's but a great beginners pair and will leave you with some spare cash to upgrade later.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 08:55:02 PM by springstorm »

Dark Knight

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 07:03:28 PM »
Your above the max weight of any stilt ( 120Kg ).
You could buy these but you'll bottom out very easily.
There are big spring coming out so ( I should know I've order a pair ).

You'll not break the spring has a lot of people bottom their stilts out.

You should be able to enjoy jogging and small bounces but it'll be tricky to do much more but even that's a lot of fun.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 07:06:51 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 07:07:01 PM »
I am a complete newbie to bocking and I am going to get a set.  I am here in the USA (Houston,  Texas) and I found a set of FLYING JUMPER PRO JUMPING STILTS MB100.  Are these any good?

Can you get a link to them?

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 08:08:45 PM »
Hey :) Welcome to the forum  :thumbs:

What Dark Knight said is right. 120kg is the max spring out at the moment and to get the most out of the spring you need to be 10kg less than the spring weight.

You could still bock but spring life would be short and you would be limited in the height you could get. If you do then I would say get 120 springs. No less.

And yeah, where are these from, have you got a link? There are some sellers that sell illegal and often poor quality bocks.

Offline springstorm

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 09:00:30 PM »
Geez I feel as smart as a rat in a trap; I put the wrong weight.  That is what I get for copy and pasting.  I promise people in Texas are not that stupid.   :Cmask:

Anyhow my actual weight is not 305 but it is 205 pounds = 92.9864359 kilograms. 

Thanks in advance for any new input...

Hello Spud,

Also, I weigh 205 pounds (205 pounds = 92.9864359 kilograms)  haha I used google for the conversion.  Anyhow I am in good shape but this will be the first time I use a set.  How high would you recommend I go over on the weight category?

Thanks a million.

Hi,

Dark Knight

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 09:05:22 PM »
Geez I feel as smart as a rat in a trap; I put the wrong weight.  That is what I get for copy and pasting.  I promise people in Texas are not that stupid.   :Cmask:

Anyhow my actual weight is not 305 but it is 205 pounds = 92.9864359 kilograms. 

Thanks in advance for any new input...

Hello Spud,

Thanks a million.

Everyone makes typo errors some more than others LOL
I posted a good link on this topic to help but here it is again

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 09:11:28 PM »
:Claugh: I was half expecting that was what you had done. In that case, great :)

Knowing your right weight :D I would say that you should try and get 110's if you can. you shoudn't really get bocks less than 10kg over your weight, if you do springs will tire out sooner than you might like, will be quite easy to max out and you wont be able to get as much height. 110's would be closer to the 20kg over mark but that is ok, better than going under. Might take a little longer to get started but in the long term it is a benefit.

So, if possible go for 110's. Where are you getting the stilts from?

EDIT: If you cant get any other bocks apart from 100's then they will be fine ;) I would still get 110's personally. 100's would be good for learning, but if you stick at it you might need to upgrade springs sooner than if you got the 110s. Both would have benefits. But I learnt on bocks over 20kg over my weight, took a little longer but its ok :)

« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 09:24:42 PM by Spud »

Offline springstorm

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2009, 09:16:49 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

A more specific question I should ask is can I go up to the next weight bracket of MB110 - 221 to 243lbs (100 kgs to 110 kgs)  if I weigh 205 pounds = 92.9864359 kilograms.  Or is that too far of a leap? 

I want a set that is going to last and I want to do some good leaps and bounds especially if I ever need to run from the cops!!   I won’t be doing any back flips over any trains or anything though. 

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2009, 09:32:56 PM »
No, it's not to far of a leap in my eyes. I did just edit my last post, but my internet died and you replied first  :Ctwitcy:

"EDIT: If you cant get any other bocks apart from 100's then they will be fine ;) I would still get 110's personally. 100's would be good for learning, but if you stick at it you might need to upgrade springs sooner than if you got the 110s. Both would have benefits. But I learnt on bocks over 20kg over my weight, took a little longer but its ok :)"

It is a bit high, and 100's would be better for learning, but if you are willing to try a bit it is better in the long run. They will last you longer and you will be able to get more height on them.

100's- Pros-get learning quicker. Cons-need to upgrade sooner, lower max height
110's- Pros-Better max height, wont need to upgrade as quickly. Con's- well take longer to get good height and requires more effort to begin with.

Hope that helps ;)

Offline springstorm

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2009, 09:51:23 PM »
That answers my question perfectly; I will get the 110's.  I am looking at a few places but there are not any really any good places in the USA.  From what i have read on this forum, Ebay is filled with scammers selling bad stilts.  And replacement parts are hard to come by. 

Are these brands any good?

Flying Jumpers Professional Series Jumping Stilts MB110

Or is the POWERIZERS brand better?

Or Air trekkers.

No, it's not to far of a leap in my eyes. I did just edit my last post, but my internet died and you replied first  :Ctwitcy:

"EDIT: If you cant get any other bocks apart from 100's then they will be fine ;) I would still get 110's personally. 100's would be good for learning, but if you stick at it you might need to upgrade springs sooner than if you got the 110s. Both would have benefits. But I learnt on bocks over 20kg over my weight, took a little longer but its ok :)"

It is a bit high, and 100's would be better for learning, but if you are willing to try a bit it is better in the long run. They will last you longer and you will be able to get more height on them.

100's- Pros-get learning quicker. Cons-need to upgrade sooner, lower max height
110's- Pros-Better max height, wont need to upgrade as quickly. Con's- well take longer to get good height and requires more effort to begin with.

Hope that helps ;)

« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 09:54:36 PM by springstorm »

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2009, 10:10:47 PM »
They are all the same product branded differently, you just have to make sure the site you are buying from is a legit site

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2009, 10:18:23 PM »
They are all the same product branded differently, you just have to make sure the site you are buying from is a legit site
Exactly what I was gonna say. I am no expert on US dealers but just watch what you buy. It's not just ebay that sell bad stilts. The problem is that often these people sell stilts under the name of good brands, when really they are not good at all. So just keep your wits about you.

The same kinda question came up a while back..
http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2999.0

There are a few good and trusted sellers in the US there. If you buy from a good seller then there should be no reason you cannot also get parts from them. May need to email. They should come with a warranty if you buy from a good seller too.

Offline springstorm

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2009, 10:19:16 PM »
Thanks a million!!  Let me know if any one else has any advice here in the US.