Author Topic: My Knees are going to break backwards!  (Read 3996 times)

Offline ConfusedMind13

• Rise of the Bockernauts
    • Bockernauts
My Knees are going to break backwards!
« on: March 21, 2009, 02:14:21 AM »
Is this a normal feeling for new people? I found myself when tryin to get a good bounce, it feels like my knee is just gonna crack and bend in a direction its not supposed to. (usually backwards). i have the procuffs, and am pretty sure i have them fitted right. I dunno, has this ever happened to anyone? And any tips on how to not have this feeling anymore.
Hard 'n Fruity NOW
Soft 'n Chewy LATER

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
Re: My Knees are going to break backwards!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 02:25:53 AM »
some people have had hyper-extension (wher your knees bend backwards too much), usualyl caused by having kneebars too high, or similar, but you have cuffs, so maybe they're too high aswell?  either something to do with the cuffs or you have knee problems/doing it wrong, don't lock your knees backwards when jumping, but still keep them straight enough for the bocks to work properly

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 10:50:26 PM »
Sounds like youv'e got Bockers Knee mate

It's normally just a case of building up the muscles in the right places and that takes a little time

Most people suffer from this to some extent when they start but if you are finding it painfull just rest for a few days or go see the Doctor (just in case)

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline ConfusedMind13

• Bockernauts
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 10:51:52 PM »
The cuffs themselves dont touch my knees, they are below them. i try not to straighten my legs out too much, but it gets real tiring keepin your leg slightly bent ya know? I'm just gonna wait a while and try and let my right knee too feel better, and hop back on them and try new stuff.
Hard 'n Fruity NOW
Soft 'n Chewy LATER

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 10:57:22 PM »
I must say I was allways told to keep my legs straight when I was jumping
You might find that by keeping them slightly bent you are straining them have you had any weeknessess in your knees in the past and how fit are you

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 12:18:38 AM »
legs should be straight, but don't lock the knees back

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 12:55:13 AM »
oh i get that sometimes.. its a horrible feeling and it hurts if it does bend too far but what ive found that helps is to tense ur knee when ur about to land....

Offline ConfusedMind13

• Bockernauts
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 03:24:07 AM »
Yea. I dont really bend them, but more just keep em stiff without locking them out. I am thinkin bout buyin some hockey type shin guard knee pad combo things, and bandaging my knee for support before i bock again. I dont have the best knees, but no problems with them. And im pretty fit, ive been wrestling since 1rst grade all the way through high school. Im 22 now, a little out of shape cuz i havent been too active, but overall im very healthy.
Hard 'n Fruity NOW
Soft 'n Chewy LATER

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 09:21:19 AM »
just give it time, i personally wear tubigrips while bocking, but that's mainly for padding the kneebars some more, pads are probably a better idea  :Claugh:

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 09:16:43 AM »
Hper extension of the knee can happen if your muscles are not strong enough to keep stability. using weights on quadracep exercises can help. from years of sport my knees are a little unstable.

I use  McDavid Knee supports they are like normal neoprene supports but have hinged metal bars running down the sides that lock at full extension helping to prevent hyper extension. They bare expensive but so far I have not hyper extended my knees since haping them.
Grow old disgracefully

Offline dustinbikes

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 08:46:29 AM »
I found that wearing an elastic knee brace helps out tremendously with keeping my knee from hyper-extending.