Author Topic: Any bockers going on britians got talent?  (Read 8464 times)

Offline wolf

Any bockers going on britians got talent?
« on: April 19, 2009, 05:54:52 PM »
So yeah title says it all really the new series is on and watching it I thought it seemed a pretty good idea to stick a bocking team on, soo I thought I would ask if anyone on here had thought about it, pro-jump 101 perhaps  :Cmask:

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: Any bockers going on britians got talent?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 06:09:10 PM »
Welsh bockers did it this year.

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 06:20:06 PM »

that one, but good luck actually seeing any shots of em on tv, they only ever put the stupid or the completely stupid ones on tv

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 06:50:55 PM »
Damn, Darf beat me to it. Cardiff was last night, they didn't show up at all on the main show or the one on ITV2. p**sed me off a bit as the guys worked really hard for it, were messed around massively by BGT with regards to auditions, hearing back, performance licenses for all the guys under 16 (as Locky says in the video Darf posted) and notifying them of changes... I spent over an hour googling artist/track/record label copyrights to get the music they were using cleared by the production team just before they were due to go on. Talk about ITV leaving it to the last minute to ask for details on an untitled remix of the Imperial March!
From where I was sat at uni on the phone to Locky, the entire thing seemed like a total shambles to be honest, and was pretty much entirely the fault of the production team. The guys did their best and it's a shame they didn't get through.

Apparently you could see Jono and Lloyd in the back of one shot on ITV2 but I didn't spot them.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 06:52:36 PM by sprog »

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 07:08:31 PM »
heh wrestling with university networks makes you post faster sprog :P

tis a shame they didn't get through, but there's a clip of swebounce doing something similar (americas got talent???), and i don't think they got much further than their first performance, which was pretty darn good aswell

guess the judges just think oh that's too boring

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 07:12:48 PM »
Swebounce were on a show called When Will I Be Famous on BBC1 about 2 years ago

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 07:29:49 PM »
that's what i was thinking of, thanks for digging them up  :Claugh:

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 08:43:36 PM »
There was a short clip of a bocker from Glasgow on this weeks episode.
But it was while they were saying there wasn't a lot of talent there. =(
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 09:24:28 PM »
Long post coming up....

Shambles doesnt come close to it. Here's how it went down. There is a preliminary audition where none of the judges are at. This took place at a hotel in Cardiff where you audition for one TV producer. Due to the low ceiling we were not able to do our routine so we left them (as advised) with a DVD showreel. This was the slideshow video on the WB site with the star wars music sprog mentioned. This was in November. We were told the next round was in February. We heard nothing until less a week before the next round. I received a phonecall asking me what music we would use on our routine as they needed to check the royalty requirements. I told them the music which we had devised and rehearsed a routine to for the last 4 months. No problem.
The proper auditons took place on a monday and tuesday. We got a call at 10pm on the thursday before telling us we needed some council performance licenses for everyone under 16. This wasnt even a phonecall saying we were through. That came on the Friday NIGHT and our audition was monday. I told them we need to do tuesday because we need to get all the different forms and ID needed for these licences. Note, the licenses are issued by the council who require 14 days processing for these things...we gave them about an hour. Thanks ITV. We were also told on the Friday night that we HAD to use the music on our DVD showreel. I totally lost my temper with them on this. There was no way we could adapt our routine to the star wars music and no way we could come up with a whole new routine in just 2 days! Tough poo. Either we did or our audtion ended right there.
So we did.
On Monday we told ITV that we could net get the ID and everything for the licences and could we do the audition and get the licences later. They said no. So Tuesday morning before our audition we were literally running around all over the place getting these licenses, birth certificates and passport photos to the local council to get us the licences. As you can see in the video, it was one of the worst snowy days of that time. 3 of our guys in the routine were snowed in and couldnt make it, so again we had to adjust the routine without them. As sprog mentioned, about 45 mins before we were due on stage ITV needed to know the exact artist and track name of the starwars music or we could not audition. Sprog saved us there, much love :)
Next we asked if we could see the stage before our audition. There was a judges break in the theatre so we put our stilts on and crossed the road to the theatre. We were not happy that the stage was on a slope but apparently this is standard in theatres. We were on our way back out to the holding room when we were told we were on in 10 minutes. I explained we needed to warm up etc but they said no.

I'm not surprised they didnt show anything. At the preliminary audition we did loads of filming like the "welcome to cardiff" stuff they do and we the film crew loved us. You never get tired of a TV producer shouting "ok everyone else back inside...just the bockers to stay here" for some filming on our own.

Also the council sort of broke some rules when issueing us the licences. We had to get some doctors note to the council within  7 days of the filming or the licence would not be valid and ITV would be informed of this. We had such an awful day at the audition and were so annoyed with ITV that we didnt bother with the doctors notes. This might be the reason have not been shown.
For what its worth, the crowd really enjoyed us and wanted to see the end of our routine but the judges did not.

We learned a lot....and we'll be back :)

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 09:30:41 PM »
those judges suck :P

good luck next time aswell, you'll probably need it

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 09:34:13 PM »
That totally sucks, I think something similar but not as bad happened when Swebounce did the WWIBF show, they planned to have a car on stage as the wow factor and in the interviews they talk about doing something that they havent tried before on stage so everyone was expecting some cool new trick or stunt but it didnt happen as they pulled the car at the last min or something.

Offline wolf

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 10:03:47 AM »
Aww man what a shame, they were a right royal pain!!! and you wonder why there is never any real talent on the show, the people with it cant be asked with all the fuss and being messed around.

Good on you though to try and I am glad the audience loved you even it the three idiots at the front didn't

:Cnotworthy:

Offline Becky

• EsseX Power Bockers
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 11:14:41 PM »
I should be revising for the math exam i have in the morning... so im watching tv
just spotted a bocker... anyone recognise them?

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 09:49:48 PM »
I dont recognise them, but at least they're wearing pro-jumps :P that's what matters....

partly.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2009, 10:16:16 PM »
How can you tell that from those pics?

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 10:44:43 PM »
slight glimpse of orange bindings?

no yellow springs?

assume they're not modded much, or skyrunners?

i can't tell

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 10:42:46 AM »
but could be powerizers/striders or flyjumpers.

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 11:38:15 AM »
if they are porjumps they are the mk1's
as the hoof has a solid rubber sole, not the rubber bolted to the alu plate

and i can tell that from the pic's

Offline Bexx

• I need a bock
  • EA Bocker
  • I'VE MOVED!
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2009, 11:55:45 AM »
Naz, you just reminded me of the 'Guiness world record Smashed' that I saw awhile back with bockers competing to jump furthest over a car ...

(im sure you know of this as it was sponsored by pro jump)

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube] 

This is the first thing i ever saw some stilts .... then i completly forgot about them  :Claugh:
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 11:57:18 AM by Bexx »

------------------------------------
No-Longer down south :(  I will miss london -- but I will be back, oh yes

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2009, 12:00:34 PM »
I would say there probably is a good chance they are projumps considering he has the pit dirt keep/elbow pads. Yeah, they could be others but it makes sense. Also toddy, they could be Gen 1/2 or 3 PJs. They all had those hoofs.

@bexx, Naz uploaded that :D

Offline Bexx

• I need a bock
  • EA Bocker
  • I'VE MOVED!
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2009, 12:13:15 PM »

oops sorry ...  :Cconfused:

------------------------------------
No-Longer down south :(  I will miss london -- but I will be back, oh yes

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2009, 12:41:17 PM »
I feel evil now  :Cwideeyed:

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2009, 01:45:48 PM »
if they are porjumps they are the mk1's
as the hoof has a solid rubber sole, not the rubber bolted to the alu plate

and i can tell that from the pic's
HOW?

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2009, 01:49:28 PM »
i have an eye for detail

Offline Kiola

• Elite Member
  • Nuttier than Squirrel Poo..
    • www.SimeonKiola.com
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2009, 05:26:04 PM »
Getting back to Beckys Britains Bocker guy.. anyone manage to record it.. id like to see the clip... :)

New Vids;
The London Eye - By SimeonKiola
First Class - Car Flip Show 2013
Simeon Kiola 2012   

Currently Working Full time Self Employed International Stilts Acrobat/Entertainer