Author Topic: New bocking game  (Read 2807 times)

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
New bocking game
« on: May 29, 2009, 06:31:01 PM »
ok so just to throw this out there we played a new game today.
how many bounces can you do without falling or stopping?
lil A-bomb done 100 and stopped because it was a nice number to beat, i had set the record at forty before that and then nearly had a heart attack at 70, what can you do?

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
Re: New bocking game
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 08:12:49 PM »
hmm, doesn't seem like much fun dude, but sounds like a great workout. =)
You could do it like a game of ladders. By the way, let me know about the
next gym meet. I really wanna get my flips down soon. =)
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 09:51:40 PM »
You migt want to set a minimum height on that Nero before some Smart A** figures that you can call 1" a bounce  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Dark Knight

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 10:12:59 PM »
You migt want to set a minimum height on that Nero before some Smart A** figures that you can call 1" a bounce  :Claugh:

The height shouldn't matter as long as both hoof leave the ground after all this isn't a high jump ?
They should have to still in an area !
If you count any height then a pressure pad could be used to register each time the hoofs leave the ground.

This would be a good game for those who don't or can't high, in fact this may give them confidence to bounce higher.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 11:06:15 PM »
Agreed DK but I have this vision of a bocker suspended from a bungee  :Claugh: score in the thousands I think  :Cbiggrin:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 11:19:17 PM »
height must count. Its much harder to get good height than what it is to jump an inch lol. Hehe could have leagues for different skill levels :D

:spudT:

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 12:44:49 AM »
hmm, doesn't seem like much fun dude, but sounds like a great workout. =)
You could do it like a game of ladders. By the way, let me know about the
next gym meet. I really wanna get my flips down soon. =)
to be fair we was lookin for a good hard workout today, pushing things, so k-rock, a-bomb and i were doing firstly covering x amount of distance in the least amount of bounces possible, then hit the most bounces game

that is true Jason, well the number has been put out there, if anyone actually wants to challenge him im sure a-bomb would do it again on cam, and show he isnt just doing tiny bounces, remember he is 12 or 13 on adult stilts

in fact he done the 100 at the same height he bounces in this vid....

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 11:25:10 AM »
When we did our 12 hour jump-a-thon for children in need we decided that every jump must be about a foot in the air. In other words, it must be a jump with effort and not just a 2 inch wonder lol.

Jono went for 45 mins straight so I'll leave you to work out how many bounces that must be.

Also the time game is a good one to knock someone down a bit.
I challenge everyone to do 2 footed jumps for just 5 minutes solid. It's not as easy as you might think.

Offline Donkey Kong

• EA Bocker
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 11:38:23 PM »
i dont think i could even do 20 without losing balance or something :D

sex and drugs and sausage rolls! :D:D