Author Topic: spring help  (Read 3316 times)

Offline lynch

spring help
« on: September 02, 2009, 06:20:37 PM »
hey all i need some help i broke another spring and its starting to get on my nevers
i only weigh 56kg and ive now broken four 90 weight springs and its really starting to cost me
does any one know what i should do

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: spring help
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 06:22:07 PM »
Stop buying 90's they obviously don't work for you :P

Offline lynch

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 06:23:14 PM »
what should i buy i can get any bounce out of 100's

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 06:29:16 PM »
Jokin aside, on a serious note some more info will help, like:

Around when did your order them?
How long you have had them for?
How many hours of usage are you getting from them?
Which ones are they the greeny bogie coloured ones or the black ones?
Have you always had 90’s?
Does the same side spring always break?
Are they the right size for you or are you putting too much pressure on them to get some return?
If going higher isn't an option what about going slightly lower?

The above may help in figuring out what could be wrong.

Offline lynch

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 06:38:02 PM »
Around when did your order them?- i got this set about 4 mounts ago but had the stilts almost a year
How long you have had them for? 4 mounts
How many hours of usage are you getting from them? 40-50 hours i think
Which ones are they the greeny bogie coloured ones or the black ones? the black ones
Have you always had 90’s? yes
Does the same side spring always break? no  left 3 time and right onces
Are they the right size for you or are you putting too much pressure on them to get some return? the 90's take me time to break in but when i get them to bounce over 2/3 ft they snap this spring broke just after i jumped the 3 ft fences
If going higher isn't an option what about going slightly lower? i dont mined but wont they just snap quicker ?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 06:43:36 PM by lynch »

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 07:00:10 PM »
With springs its always a case of the user identifing whats probably best for them personally, this is probably more correct on the 2nd pair.

For example, I think with Jason the 114's are great for him and last him longest when he was sent higher ones he broke them a lot faster, cant remember what happens when he uses ones lower though but I'm sure he will fill you in.

In almost 3 years working for Pro-Jump we don't get to see too many spring breakages but there are a few bockers out there who consitently break the springs repeatedly, people like Kiola, tundarH & Nero instantly spring to mind and the following is just a theory but I think its very much to do with the amount of sheer force they use to activate the springs and the power they put in it, I think sometimes you need to adapt your technique a little to get the best in a similar way to how some people adapt their technique to stop bottoming out their springs.

Looking at your actual weight, you are going 30 kg over and thats if you have 90's (remember 90's could be anything between 90 - 99 so tell us what the number is at the bottom of your spring as well) So perhaps going a little lower may be better for you as the Black springs are stiffer than the green ones use to be and you probably need to push them a lot to get anything out of them.

The above are just suggestions, you should try a few peoples springs out, theres a few different weights n the demo stilts if the EA's have them and you have a whole variety of sizes between the EA's so you should try a few different sizes. If you decide to go for replacement projump springs if you pm me prior to going ahead I'll see if I can sort you out a deal.

Offline lynch

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 07:31:45 PM »
the one i just snapped was a 93 i do have a new set of 96's which i bought off ganster in june and i also have a spear 96 where i had snapped one before so i do have springs it was just wanting to know why i keep snaping them and they do seem to snap just when i start to get power out of them its not like im jumping of things or anything

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 08:40:22 PM »
Hi Lynch

I found that if I go to high on the spring weights I seem more likely to break them so what naz said seems about right

Can you bottom your springs as I find that springs that I can bottom on one foot (by landing very hard ) seem to last a long time whereas the ones I can't bottom are the ones that break

It might be something to do with only working the springs half way constantly when they are to heavy that makes them break

At the moment I have 3 sets in use 1 has 114's and the other two have mixed weight springs from 109 up to 114 and they all have lasted ages

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 08:57:16 PM »
greeny bogie coloured ones
Is that a technical term? :D

I think lynch has already borrowed some demo ones. You looked alright on the 70's (if that's what you were using at kitefest) You weigh about the same as me and I like springs rated between like 75-82 (carbon mix) Fiberglass a bit higher because they are softer. But wouldn't hurt to try high 70's or low 80's.

:spudT:

Offline lynch

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2009, 10:36:48 AM »
i just took the tape off and the spring is broke on the inside of the bock
i know the pic is not that good my sister has my good cam but has any one broken a sprin on the in side not the out side