Forum > Capital Bocking

Capital Bockering 2010

(1/22) > >>

Locky:
11 o'clock, tomorrow, down the bay :)

This post is based on my own opinion and assumptions so please respect that.
I would like CB 2010 to be in cardiff next year on the basis that it changes from previous years.
I am more than willing to put in the leg work but this is what I want:

1. Still have the oval basin (location for CB 08) but for a freestyle, group meet hangout.

2. Hire either Cardiff indoor arena or the millenium stadium to make an indoor bocking centre, including a public workshop area where members of the public can come and try bocking for free. There would also be a market area where stilt companies can have a stall and also those members who have anything to sell/swap etc.
The bocking area will be designed by us to the best possible effect we can. Gym equipment, foam pits, blocks of all kinds and sizes. You get the picture.

3. Camping at Cardiff Campsite, restricted to 100 people (not 100 tents), subject to agreement with the campsite management.

4. Most of us stay at nearby hotels, within walking distance of the bay. This would allow a night bocking session and allow us to chill out and have a drink etc for those who wish.

I know this seems impossibly ambitions and maybe it is but if we dont aim high, we wont get any results. If we dont change the way CB is run then it will probably dwindle each year as more bockers will chose to go to the bigger events. For that to happen we need money and lots of it.
I am in talks with one company that are interested in backing us and have experience of something very similar already. They also have excellent marketing links to get some serious media coverage.
There is also this option which we could apply for, though this could lead to complications.

I would also like to see the whole event sponsored by several companies. Some would be big national brands and some would be smaller.

With the exception of travelling and camping/hotel (which deals could be made) I do not want the event costs to be passed on to the bockers attending.

I would ask all bockers attending be willing to volunteer 30 mins of their time over the 2 days to staff the public workshop. This will be done in a logical manor, with those most experienced with bocking and workshops being asked first.

I do not want this thread to turn into a 20 page ramble about crap. For that reason, on the new Capital Bocking website - www.capitalbocking.co.uk I am going to open up a public chatroom for next Monday night at 8pm where everyone can come and have their say. A summary of the chat can be posted up later.

If anyone has any valid points to make, please save them for the chat session or afterwards as we'll have a much clearer picture on what we want to happen then.

I am well aware that some of these goals are a far stretch but please do not dismiss them out of the water. If we dont take CB up to the next level then I dont see much point in continuing with it at all.

Trixter:
Nice early start locky hope it works well probly will miss most of the chat due to work (get home around 9) but will catch up on the notes etc n pass on ne thoughts of what i read if i miss the whole topic much love xxxx

Athoul:
Sounds awesome!

I definitely agree that Capital Bocking needs to take the next step now, its just got such a potential as an event. With sponsorship i think hiring an indoor area is a brilliant idea, and such a backup incase one of the days gets rained off.

If you need a hand with any of the organisation stuff Matt just let me know.

chocl8:

--- Quote from: Athoul on September 03, 2009, 09:59:01 PM ---Sounds awesome!

I definitely agree that Capital Bocking needs to take the next step now, its just got such a potential as an event. With sponsorship i think hiring an indoor area is a brilliant idea, and such a backup incase one of the days gets rained off.

If you need a hand with any of the organisation stuff Matt just let me know.

--- End quote ---

:approve: - What Rich said :)

sprog:
As always... I'm in Locky :Csmile:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version