Author Topic: Clubs in London? (im sorta new)  (Read 2360 times)

Offline Laura

• When the world gives you lemons- make lemonade!
Clubs in London? (im sorta new)
« on: February 27, 2007, 09:21:04 PM »
 :) Hiya! Im really quite new to bocking- but was hooked the moment i tried! I already do quite a bit of gymnastics and some trampolining (can do all the flips) but just wondered if there was anywhere in London that actually held regular meetings/trainig sessions so i could learn from people a bit- you know?
The resources on the web are fantastic- but theres nothing like learning with people who can actually tell you how to get better, help you and have fun along the way! It just seems like more fun than powerbocking on your own...
Please help! Would be mega grateful to anyone who replies with anything- even just to say hi! :)
:) Smiles are free :)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Re: Clubs in London? (im sorta new)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 09:39:46 PM »
Hi Laura, welcome along.

London has always been a strange one in the bocking community lol. First, add yourself to the map:
http://www.frappr.com/pro-jumpers

There are certainly people close to london but I think we've yet to see many actually in the city and I certainly dont know of any clubs or gyms but we do organise regular meet ups along the south coast if you can get down there and there is a HUGE meet planned for August in London though we've not decided on a location (possibly trafalgar square)

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 09:49:13 PM »
Hiya Laura

Welcome to the forum

I'm sure there are some guys just a little bit further down I will find out for you & let you know

:)

Offline Kiola

• Elite Member
  • Nuttier than Squirrel Poo..
    • www.SimeonKiola.com
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 10:30:09 PM »
Hi Laura and welcome to the forums :P

if you ever get the chance the best place for training on the stilts is a gym up in Bradford.. this is the only regular place so far indoors that people meet and train.

New Vids;
The London Eye - By SimeonKiola
First Class - Car Flip Show 2013
Simeon Kiola 2012   

Currently Working Full time Self Employed International Stilts Acrobat/Entertainer

Offline freakazoid

• Elite Member
  • ( a insane person laughing is always contageous..)
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 11:37:02 PM »
hey laura welcome to the forum....just wondering if when you said you could do flips was that ment on a trampoline or on a pair of powerisers?
Excue me while i try to nibble on my own ear

Offline Laura

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 10:33:59 PM »
Thanks for the lovely welcome guys! No i did only mean on the trampoline- im not brave enough just yet what with the timing and all.... but they seem to be growing on me like a pair of leg extensions! (the pro-jumps)
Wow the August meet up sounds awesome- i just hope im not on holiday!
I dont really know how to get to bradford but it cant be difficult- i'll let you guys know if i can come by some time!
Thanks again!

Offline shadowfax

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 01:16:34 PM »
Hey there Laura

Im from london too, I have found a gym that said It would be ok to train there, but for £25 an hour! Which I think is too expensive, so im on the look out for somewhere else at the moment! If I find anywhere, I'll be sure to let you know :)

Julie

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 01:23:45 PM »
£25 an hour is standard leisure centre rates. The way I see it is if you can get 3 or 4 of you involved, the cost per person is a little more affordable.

Offline Laura

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 09:35:36 PM »
Hmmm does sound pretty reasonable if we do get a few people involved- i think i'd like a bit of practice first.... But let me know how it turns out!
Laura