Author Topic: Gym Sessions?  (Read 2315 times)

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
Gym Sessions?
« on: November 29, 2009, 04:05:27 PM »
Need some info off you guys who book gym sessions for your groups.

I want to try and organise a gym session in the Flintshire or Chester area so I need the heads up before I go and talk to them.

1. Are there Insurance issues I need to overcome? Disclaimers possibly?  Any one got a copy of one I could use?

2. Damage to crash mats!  Do they get damaged or ripped from the bocks? If so how do you overcome this?

3. Gym Floor marks!  Do the bocks leave black marks all over the floor, do you have to clean them off. Does the metal parts leave scratches or gouges in the floor?

And any other thing you may have been asked before you can use a gym?  :Ceek:

Cheers guys.  :Cnotworthy:

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
Re: Gym Sessions?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 07:56:10 PM »
1, depends on the place, but a standard disclaimer should get you out of needing insurance.

2, yeah weve had corners of floor mats rip off and had horses rip, they dont know about it yet i dont think, but as the hirer im responsible for any cost due to damages .
also cuff bar bolts can easily pop into mats, big crash mats are fine, but floor mats hate them.

3, yeah, our last gym meet had loads of skid marks from rubber feet, but the cleaner had told us not to worry about the mess, an old moist towel (the one you sweated on most of the gym meet is perfect) thrown on the floor and then worked with a foot will get any skids up pretty quick, if they are funny about the floor thats an easy way to leave a "clean" floor.
as for scratches etc ive never seen anything like that happen, seen as your in a gym 90% of falls will be onto mats in my experience

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”