Author Topic: Expert Opinion Burden of Gym Floor ?  (Read 2207 times)

Offline miky10

• Pro-Jump Germany
Expert Opinion Burden of Gym Floor ?
« on: January 20, 2010, 10:41:15 AM »
Hi,
do someone know something about burden of a gym floor by using from Jumping stilts ?
Have someone read or heard of a expert opinion about that ?
Then please let me know this informations. We need it for our current using of our gym.

Thank you.
Mike

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Expert Opinion Burden of Gym Floor ?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 08:41:57 PM »
I doubt if you will get an expert opinion as the whole sport is a bit new to have used gyms for any length of time

What I have seen of the gym meets I have been to very little damage is done to the floor the only exceptions are during a fall when the bolts or sharp edges contact the floor
These have been confined to small dents and scratches which would be obvious on a brand new floor but on a well used gym floor they don't show up

Some hoofs have been known to leave black marks on the floor but they were older ones and I hav'nt seen any marks recently

As fot the constant pounding it shouldn't be any worse than normal gym activity (I know it sounds loud ) but as you are landing on springs a lot of the power is dissipated (Like car suspension)

If the gym wants some reassurance it might be worth asking some of the people who organise regular gym meets and asking if someone from the gym they use would be willing to write a letter to tell of the experience and lack of trouble

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: