Author Topic: Mooving footplates...?  (Read 2180 times)

Offline Danny1632

Mooving footplates...?
« on: July 12, 2010, 05:40:10 PM »
What are moving footplates and what, do they they do / are for?

:Cerr:

Offline FunkyCowie

Re: Mooving footplates...?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 06:37:09 PM »
I also am wondering this, as I have a enough trouble with the foot plate being stationary and can't imagine how it'd be like moving.

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 07:43:10 PM »
OK  cant imagine how a foot plate would work moving?   erm well get of ya stilts  and walk.   Dont u kinda have a joint/pivot point?  Ill give u a clue ... ' ya ankle'   Please peeps correct me if im wrong.  But the moving foot plate is designrd to make bouncing about a lil more 'natural'  and permits the foot to move  rathere than be fixed in relation to the lower leg.

But its expensive :o)

Im due a bonus , theoretically, by end of year that would buy me a pair of such stilts, im tempted...tho the springs at my wieght  brake v easily ( a mate of mine has broken oo i think about 8 of um ...many in my hearing) .  But might still buy un relpace with my 7 springs  or even spend furthur and fit the light weight new pro jump stilt muck

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 08:23:56 PM »
Moving feet are an acquired taste

The first 10 mins on them I thought I had made a giant mistake (I spend literaly days building my own)

20 mins later I could walk again and jump

2 days later I recovered from a bad jump that would have had me on the floor with fixed feet

Now I find fixed so restrictive they are uncomfortable

If you try a pair use them for at least 20 mins before deciding or even better a day

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: