Author Topic: PJs and general fitness.. Do any good?  (Read 2764 times)

Offline DangerMouse

PJs and general fitness.. Do any good?
« on: April 09, 2007, 07:43:14 PM »
When it comes to the PJs claims of 'Provides a cardio-vascular workout' and ' Strengthens and tones the body's core muscles', are they founded?  I understand if you do anything physical enough it will have health benfits, but do these PJs really make you feel fitter?? 

Always an added bonus to shift some flab whilst not having gym staff look at you with a mixture of concern and sheer pity.

Dave

Offline Burnsy2023

Re: PJs and general fitness.. Do any good?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 07:55:55 PM »
Yeah, I'd say the claims are well founded.  I'm a pretty fit guy and even I am tried after 3 ish hours.  I used to do a lot of cycling and I also found that they were working muscles I never knew I had.  All in all I would say that they do as much good as cycling or a similar sport.

Burnsy

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 08:00:32 PM »
I compare the bocking exercise to that of swimming. It uses your arms, shoulders, stomache, back aswell as the obvious exercise in the legs.

I definately feel fitter but im too much of a crazy person to really know the difference.
I run 2 miles daily but when bocking i'd have a hard time running more than a mile.

Offline Burnsy2023

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 08:05:24 PM »
I compare the bocking exercise to that of swimming. It uses your arms, shoulders, stomache, back aswell as the obvious exercise in the legs.

I'd agree with the stomach and back, but I can't say that I've particuarly used my shoulders or arms much  :-\

Maybe I do use them but don't notice???

Burnsy

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 09:21:06 PM »
I would agree with Locky on this. I have definately felt all of those muscles ache after long sessions on me bocks. If you start to do flips and stuff on them you feel all those muscles and more getting a work out...

Offline Kiola

• Elite Member
  • Nuttier than Squirrel Poo..
    • www.SimeonKiola.com
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 10:14:23 PM »
i lost a good stone in about a mounth of unregular use... when i was doing it i was talknig to a random Paramedic guy who took my pulse and said that i was way into a really high pulse area (or whatever) he said you must be getting a good Cardiovascular workout! .. and i agreed.. makes you very thursty after about half an hour of constant bouncing! :P

i feel much fitter thses days and totally support the health benefits of the sport! .. just see for yourself.. after a little bit .. do you breath hevily and do you feel your heart pumping like crazy!? .. well most i talk to do experience this ..

kiola. :D

New Vids;
The London Eye - By SimeonKiola
First Class - Car Flip Show 2013
Simeon Kiola 2012   

Currently Working Full time Self Employed International Stilts Acrobat/Entertainer

Offline pro-jumpingboy

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 05:27:17 PM »
strangely enough, but after the meet on feb 11th to doncaster (im guessing about, i dunno, 3-5 hours of bocking), that the day after that the only muscles aching in my body my shoulder muscles near my neck for some unknown reason ???

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 07:14:09 PM »
strangely enough, but after the meet on feb 11th to doncaster (im guessing about, i dunno, 3-5 hours of bocking), that the day after that the only muscles aching in my body my shoulder muscles near my neck for some unknown reason ???

maybe you didn't put enough effort in to ache.....

Offline pro-jumpingboy

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 08:53:59 PM »
i tried flips n stuff soo...., but mind u i didnt stay at the gym for too long