Author Topic: How much would you pay for a pair of stilts...  (Read 14865 times)

Offline Speedjumper

Re: How much would you pay for a pair of stilts...
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2010, 10:10:43 PM »
Yes, Speedjumper are awesome in many ways. ;-)

Offline Speedjumper

« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2010, 06:33:23 PM »
I think Naz need more input about her questions. Just 5 ppls about answer her questions. I am sure there are more who can answer whatever the answer will be. ;-)

Offline lynch

« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2010, 07:03:24 PM »
im really sorry to do this and i know that is a lot of movment on the foot plate but just to point out that the new exo pro's does have that too if you have the new modles you will see the three bolts if you losen them you can slide them to your foot size i know speedjumper can also make them longer aswell but the exo's do have this aswell but not to 6cm i would say about 3cm
sorry speedjumper but i myself would stick to projump i do love the look of your stilts and i understand the quality of them but i just cant see the need to spend that much more

Offline TomH999

• http://leedsbockers.webs.com
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2010, 10:23:08 PM »
1. Do you think there is a market for these stilts in the UK?
Potentially, there are alot of pro's in the uk that many people dont know about..  there could be/is  a niche.
Maybe come up with a heavy advertising campaign? I think Speedjumper as a brand doesn't stand out at the minute, and it needs to be pushed into the Uk market. People willing to pay alot of money are going to go straight for Powerskips for obvious reasons, quality, originals etc.
Speedjumper needs to find that spot first.

2. Do you think the price tag is justified considering many of the parts are shared with the Pro-Jump Exo Range?
Ill be honest, I dont know. If the frame, parts etc are custom fit and made for you then yes maybe it does justify the price.

3. Would you personally buy one of these stilts realistically within the next 6 months? (take into account your budget, we would all like to buy a sports car but that does not mean we will actually go out and buy one)
Nope, dont stilt enough to need them.

4. Are you a potential buyer of one of these stilts within the next 6 weeks, and would you consider putting a deposit down for one?
see above

Offline XDvandalDJ

• XD
    • XD Bockers
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2010, 02:44:48 AM »
What is the decision on these?
Leader of the

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2010, 12:43:53 PM »
On price? They have been on sale for a while.

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2011, 11:12:00 PM »
i know this post is old now but a video came to light of my first few bounces on speedjumper pros i was still getting used to the difference center of gravity compared to my skips hence the legs kicking a bit!

Offline Speedjumper

« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2011, 10:07:21 PM »
Yes, I remember. You was the guy, where i was afraid of your high, cause i do not want any accidents on my stilts.

Offline XDvandalDJ

• XD
    • XD Bockers
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2011, 10:48:31 PM »
On price? They have been on sale for a while.

Where? I've checked the store and haven't seen them listed.
Leader of the

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2011, 01:36:27 AM »
We havent decided anything yet, If someone in the UK wants them I'm more than willing to get them in. Been busy so havent managed to finalise anything with lothar.

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2011, 03:19:28 PM »
i really really really want some as you know naz i got some skips 640's pro model i love them to bits but im finding the springs are a little week on them now and i have to control myself to get the best and not bottom them and what i have heard from paul these are stupidly powerful so i would love them BUT no pivoting foot plate as i do alot of trampolining i am constantly shouted at for not pointing my feet and that trate has carried on through to my bocking style and the problem i have with standard foot plates is i snap out of bindings in flips it has happened to me on a couple of pairs first my 7's with evo 2 bindings then my older pj's with normal ones so the moving plate is ideal for me coz i can point my feet and my shoes r bolted to the frame so problem fixed if i could get some speed jumpers customised with a moving plate i would buy some right now this minute

Ta Greg

(edit: or if my skip foot plate would connect to the frame and crossbar of this brand that would be good)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 03:22:31 PM by Greggles »

Offline muncher

« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2011, 07:48:33 PM »
yes... The Sprog Speaks the truth... his answer is the same as mine is.. like them - Can't justify spending more than 200 for something I only have the time to use 5 times a year.. If I won the lottery and lived a life of leisure I would buy a pair of these and spend the rest of my life on them... sorry but not for me just yet!

Offline Birt

« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2011, 12:26:41 PM »
but what exactly are the differences between EXO pro's, SJ Quantums and SJ pro's? what parts are the same? what is constructed in a different way and so on..

Offline Speedjumper

« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2011, 10:48:47 PM »
Imagine you can get the most perfect frame, with perfect beerings. The frame is stable and does not make any torsion movement. Footplates are perfectly to fit each footsize and will not bend.

What does all this mean? If i am talking about a perfect frame i mean....longlasting, stable without weakpoints.

The Footplates of the quantum are simplier than the ones for the Professional. But....They are made from 5mm Aluminium of best material. We thought about use the Exos Footplate first. They are cheap and seems to be ok. But the reality is...the Chinese Footplate are not ok. The front cannot be fit to the questioned footsizes, and the rear footplate ist much to width. You slipper from left to right. So we decide to make our own Footplates. They are expansive in production but work perfectly.

The Bindings are from ProJump, so they are ok. much better than the standard bindings for the Exo.

The Cuffs are enhanced, because the original Cuffs from China are produced silly.

The parts of the Professional are made much more enhanced than for the Quantum. The Frame is ONE Part. This is absolutly uniquick of the world of Stilts. There is no Stilt which is using a one part frame. The production one more time is very special. We cut it from a 30mm table of Aluminium with water.

About the bearings (Quantum and Prof):
We drill a 13.5mm hole in the frame and worked it out to exactly 14mm. The normal producing is to shot from one side through the frame. That results in a "about" 14mm whole, with bad tolerances. If the tolerance is bad, the wholes are wider after 2 or 3 weekes which result in defective bearings. Our construction is longlasting and exactly. After more than one year, you cannot notify any difference to the state directly after production.

and so on....

But anyway...I am sure, nobody can notify the quality before he stands one time on a Speedjumper Model personally.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2011, 08:22:13 PM »
When you say perfect bearings Speedjumper do you mean a perfect fit or do you use a different material for them

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline XDvandalDJ

• XD
    • XD Bockers
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2011, 09:41:04 PM »
I took it as a perfect fit. Seems good that they drill the holes rather then punching them out.
Leader of the

Offline Speedjumper

« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2011, 11:25:46 PM »
For a perfect bearing you need both, that's the key. Wholes for the bearing with minimum tolerance and best bearings. We use bearings from a leader of this kind of business. They have a research for nearly all kinds of bearing questions. Heat or coldness, fast movements or slow etc...

All parts of the bearing complex should be very precious. We have an "over-all" tolerance of less an human hair.

If tolerance is very small----> the bearing do not slow your movement AND it's long lasting.

Offline GIZMOQUEEN

• Elite Member
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2011, 12:52:01 AM »
If I had more money I would purchase these.

Saw them in action at the French Bocking Contest and they truly amazing.

Offline Speedjumper

« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2011, 12:57:43 AM »
tnx, see u at Nancy?

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2011, 08:32:46 PM »
I must admit my intrest in the bearings was due to making my own bushes
I agree with you about the fit being important and ream the holes out to a uniform size

I also tend to make the bearings oversize to get a good intrference fit in the frames that stops them rotating
Once fitted I then reem the inner of the bearing to a slight interference fit on the spindle then polish the spindle to the bush

I have one set of bearings that have been in fairly regular use for 2 years now and show no signs of wear
So I imagine yours will give good long service Speedjumper

It was more the bearing material that I was interested in (I understand if it is a trade secret  :Claugh:)

I use 30% Glass filled Nylon as recomended by a company called Einsinger (Think the spelling is right ) this is the same stuff Powerskip use and I have found it to be very good as the nlon makes it stable but forgiving to impact and the glass makes it very hard wearing and almost frictionless if silicon is used as a lube

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Speedjumper

« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2011, 09:56:28 PM »
Right Jason!

We do not buy from Eisinger, but maybe similar material. The bearings are from really good quality. It's a kind of plastic as you know, but not comparable with that was other brands are using.

Offline GIZMOQUEEN

• Elite Member
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2011, 10:38:04 PM »
tnx, see u at Nancy?

Wouldn't miss it for the world. Best Bocking event I ever been tooo and that's not me being over enthusiastic - BEST EVER  :Cbiggrin:

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2011, 10:01:35 AM »
Imagine you can get the most perfect frame, with perfect beerings. The frame is stable and does not make any torsion movement. Footplates are perfectly to fit each footsize and will not bend.

What does all this mean? If i am talking about a perfect frame i mean....longlasting, stable without weakpoints.

The Footplates of the quantum are simplier than the ones for the Professional. But....They are made from 5mm Aluminium of best material. We thought about use the Exos Footplate first. They are cheap and seems to be ok. But the reality is...the Chinese Footplate are not ok. The front cannot be fit to the questioned footsizes, and the rear footplate ist much to width. You slipper from left to right. So we decide to make our own Footplates. They are expansive in production but work perfectly.

The Bindings are from ProJump, so they are ok. much better than the standard bindings for the Exo.

The Cuffs are enhanced, because the original Cuffs from China are produced silly.

The parts of the Professional are made much more enhanced than for the Quantum. The Frame is ONE Part. This is absolutly uniquick of the world of Stilts. There is no Stilt which is using a one part frame. The production one more time is very special. We cut it from a 30mm table of Aluminium with water.

About the bearings (Quantum and Prof):
We drill a 13.5mm hole in the frame and worked it out to exactly 14mm. The normal producing is to shot from one side through the frame. That results in a "about" 14mm whole, with bad tolerances. If the tolerance is bad, the wholes are wider after 2 or 3 weekes which result in defective bearings. Our construction is longlasting and exactly. After more than one year, you cannot notify any difference to the state directly after production.

and so on....

But anyway...I am sure, nobody can notify the quality before he stands one time on a Speedjumper Model personally.

Its not the size of the foot plate or position im talking about with my powerskip pro model the foot plate pivots up and down freely whilst i am on them is there a way of getting this on speed jumpers ?

Offline Speedjumper

« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2011, 02:45:03 PM »
We sold a Powerskip Pro Copy years ago, but there is very few request for these Kind of models from the customer.

The advantage of a pivoting footplate is not as much it look like first. Beginners have the problem, that there is an additional axis to controul. Most of my customers with pivoting footplates fixed it after a while with a bold or rivets.

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2011, 07:47:58 PM »
im quite a experienced (ask most people on here they will tell u what im like lol) bocker and i love that movement as i have a gymnastic background i always point my toes and with bindings i snap out of them in mid flip so i cant use static footplates would you still be able to make a pair with the moving plate ?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 08:03:38 PM by Greggles »