Forum > Bocking Tips

Transitioning to Winter Bocking

<< < (3/4) > >>

Jahkk:
Okay, it's not exactly the same thing, but...

I live in Devon, in the middle of nowhere, and unfortunately I don't have any concrete/tarmac/anything surfaces for a few miles each way. The only real flat surface I can get to is grass, so is that going to affect how my bocks work much? I've found that so far my springs haven't broken in yet after a few months of use, which I presume isn't hugely normal.

The other thing is, I have no way of getting anywhere - I'm not exactly old enough to drive and my parents say the grass area is fine for now. Any chance of proving them wrong, or am I stuck with it?   :Cerr:

Brendan (NeoNinja):
What a strange place to post this question. =P you would definitely get more height on concrete...but bocking on grass isn't then end of the world and it will result in less serious injuries whilst learning. So don't worry about it. =)

Jahkk:
Yup, strange indeed...  :Cmad:

Locky:
Grass is fine dude. Just make sure it is dry and if its had a few days rain then it will be soft but you'll feel that right away.

RRparlbystumble:
HI jahhk. you live in devon? There is a really freindly community of bockers in plymouth  which i help set up called the riser raptors, on average there are about 15 peeople per meet every saturday all ages are welcome as our youngest member at the moment is 10 and our oldest is 32???...sorrry @billy maya :P
if your parents don't want you going by yourself bring them along with you haha or we can always come to you if plym is too far away we also have a few members based in exeter aswell :D

if your interested check out the face book page :) Riser Raptors

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version