Author Topic: Convincing parents -.-  (Read 3099 times)

Offline BockBockBock

Convincing parents -.-
« on: January 07, 2011, 10:30:54 PM »
Hi there, this is my first post and Im new here, I Really REALLY want to get some EXO's cz60 size, Wanted them for my birthday and for Xmas, But my parents keep saying theyr'e "not convinced" So can you guy make a list of quotes and were you got them from and reasons to buy them? Just so I can show mum and that should convince her to let me buy'em

Thanks! :PJL:

Offline bendover90

Re: Convincing parents -.-
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 10:36:14 PM »

Offline spawnyb

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 04:21:58 AM »
Hi Boci,

Where are you from? Maybe you could pop along with your parents to a local meet to you, to chat to guys in the know, and show them how highly we all take the safety aspect, and what fun they really are.

Graham
Hmmmmmmm........Why did I buy these again?!?!?!?

Offline jazzmatazz

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 03:28:54 PM »
Hey, I was introduced to these by scouts! :L
So they cant be that 'dangerous' if they're encouraged! :P although it depends what you do on them ;)
They're great exercise, get you out of the house for a day!
They're worth every penny you pay because they are so much fun! :D
If they're worried safety wise, I would advise Wrist guards & Knee pads and if they're still concerned get elbow pads, helmets, whatever :P
Show them some videos on youtube of people just having fun and mucking about on them!
And if theyre worried that you will use them once then stop, trust me you wont ;) in the summer they're hardly of my feet!

Good Luck :)
H xx

Offline Hammy

• Voted RR's Group Clown
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 05:33:43 PM »
Hi mate

First off if it is safety they are worried about its like Jazz said there is all sorts of protection out there. I have fallen quite a few times and when I first fell I was surprised at how much it didnt hurt.

You will definately want to keep using them as they are just so much fun.

They are definatly worth the money because they last a long time. I have been stilting a year no with second hand stilts and they are still going strong.

hope this helps.

Offline BockBockBock

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 02:26:52 PM »
K thanks guys, Mum is gonna talk with dad, so then I can buy them, and Im doing jobs towards the safety stuff, Also,  I live in the isle of man, and I, as a matter of fact, was the first on the island to discover them, I have 2 firneds who have ordered them in there size, And we are going to make the first manx clan/club thingy here on the forums, but will prob be out all the time, anyway cheers guys!

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 03:03:26 PM »
nah  soz  re 1st in IoM

Sadly now long since given up the sport but I know an exile who took her stilts back to the island on 2 or 3 occasions  :o)

but good to here there gonna b a few of u over/up/on there

Offline jazzmatazz

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 06:47:26 PM »
I might be going to Isle of Man this year!
Have fun & glad you can get them! :)
H xx