Author Topic: ugh.. *crunch*  (Read 3290 times)

Offline xoxos

ugh.. *crunch*
« on: March 11, 2011, 01:17:00 AM »
i put on my cz-as today (~u.s. exos) and wondered if i'd got them on backwards, the left one was softer and usually it's the other way around. i han't had them on for more than a few minutes when i heard this awful crunch. so i sat down and inspected them, cut away some of the rubber coating, couldn't see any cracks. got back on, wondering if i'd just stepped on a nut or something, did a few test bounces and my left stilt snapped in half, right across, just below the pivot arm.

i got 90 weight springs, ~10kg over my weight and am still wearing them in, i doubt i've bounced more than 2 1/2 ft. high.half thinknig someone suspicious might have f**ked them bcs last time i had them on they were fine and i was just standing around balancing for 15 minutes before i took them off and the left one was def. firmer, like normal then.

hopefully my 1 year warranty (from an ebay) co. will go thru.. posting this as a fyi in case you hear the same thing and think it was something you stepped on.

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
Re: ugh.. *crunch*
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 03:25:51 AM »
Bummer. =( I hope the e-bayer honours your warranty. =) Better luck with the next pair. =)
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline XDvandalDJ

• XD
    • XD Bockers
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 07:45:54 PM »
Snapped in half? Care to post a picture? It's not often you see the springs fail that bad. Especially if you weren't bottoming out like mad.
Leader of the

Offline xoxos

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 07:52:23 PM »

thx for the feedback.. it looks like air-trekkers u.s.a. are covering the warranty so :D i'm a TI, which means i have problems in my life most people don't know about  :Claugh:

like i said, last time i had them on i was just balancing for 15 minutes, and that one's always been firmer.. i shouldn't say it bcs the warranty probably isn't designed to cover malicious tampering.. as soon as i put weight on them i could feel that it was way different. i'm *ways* away from bottoming out.. these springs weren't there yet and neither was i.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 08:23:43 PM »
Bad luck mate

I must say that most springs that I have seen snap on the old model (in my experience) go withing the first few hours

I presume that will be the same with the new springs

Just a case of a few faulty ones during manufacture

It happens in all manufacturing processes

Good to see them replacing it

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline xoxos

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 11:28:11 PM »
just heard back from the u.s. rep, they're shipping me out a pair of replacement springs next week :)

glad to hear it, i thought i'd be screwed buying off ebay. off to bicycle and keep my knees up to par!

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 12:31:12 AM »
I've seen one do this in pretty much the exact same place.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post a pic though.

Offline xoxos

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 04:22:06 AM »
new springs were sent on monday from air-trekkers rep. in u.s.a., arrived yesterday :)

going to wait a few days until i put them on to be sure that certain ppl can't tamper with them :/

98s, so will take some breaking in.. which will be fun, temps are starting to raise out here in the desert :)

fyi for any prospective u.s. customers :) great service!

Offline bendover90

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 01:17:30 AM »
has a picture of th culprit been posted i cant see it if it has?   :Cchatterbox: