Author Topic: Should they be like this???  (Read 3351 times)

Offline TRhys

Should they be like this???
« on: March 15, 2011, 09:12:03 PM »
Hi folks

Just received my new Projump Exo's ... GREAT

Gotta problem putting them together - The Aluminium plates the knee bar slides into (on one stilt) are miss-aligned and the knee bars don't slide in smoothly! I am assuming that forcing them in would be a bad idea!

Is this a problem or normal???

cheers
Rhys

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Should they be like this???
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 09:57:19 PM »
When you say miss-aligned do you mean they are at an odd angle compared to the other stilt

Or do you mean the bars are a bit to wide apart and you have to push them together

If it is the first can you post a picture on here so we can see it

If it is the second it is normal and they are a bit awkward to get in sometimes

On some pairs I have found that you have to have the bolts very loose to get them to go in

Anyway a picture will help to see what the problem is

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline TRhys

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 11:28:55 PM »

This shows the alignment of the plastic bits attached to the Ali bits (these are gently bolted together not forced) but the Ali bits are definitely not aligned properly. The "Good one" went together fine. The "Odd One" was hard to take apart and put back together and nothing lines up properly!

cheers again

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 12:23:49 AM »
I would say that is shoddy workmanship and not acceptable.
I wouldnt like to say if its dangerous or not. I guess it depends how much extra force is put on those bolts due to the mis-alignment but I dont think its good.

Email these pics to Naz (webmaster) and see what she says - if she doesnt reply here already!

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 12:46:51 AM »
Ouch those are totally mis-aligned no question about it you should get either a new stilt or a new pair asoon as naz sees it shell help you out shes good like that XD

person who made those needs to be sacked (or the robot needs to be blown up)

Aidan  :Cwink:

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 12:05:18 PM »
Hey TRhys, that doesn't look too good, if you haven't already took in touch with us, please send me your full name & order ref to admin@projump.co.uk and we'll get it sorted for you.

Offline TRhys

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 12:06:42 PM »
Was thinking of emailing them a copy of Windows 7 for the robot - that should finish it off!!!

thanks for your help guys - off to speak to customer services!

Rhys

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 08:30:35 PM »
TRhys

Before you do anything else mate I think I know what has gone wrong

Just stripped one of mine and had a look and managed to duplicate your problem

If you look down on the top of the stilt you will see that the two ally plates (one either side )have a set of holes drilled through them from the top down

Are these holes both to the front of the stilts as the plates are drilled with the bolt hole offset

Now if one set of holes is to the back some numpty at the factory has put one on backwards

If they are both at the front he has put two left or right hand ones on the same stilt

The good news is that the plates are bolted on so if it is just one upside down it only takes 5 mins with a couple of 8mm spanners to mend so will save you returning them and the wait to start bocking  :Cbiggrin:

But do ask Naz if she is happy for you to do it before you start dismantaling them  :Cbiggrin:

If your not sure post a pic of the stilt from the top down

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: