Author Topic: 7 League Boots GT Cobra First Impressions  (Read 2747 times)

Offline XS

7 League Boots GT Cobra First Impressions
« on: March 24, 2012, 12:36:24 AM »
7s are finally available in the US, so I can finally put them to the test.  Here's my quick overview, first session highlights and my initial impressions.

I'll be updating this to add a more complete written first impressions.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 01:57:19 PM by XS »

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: 7 League Boots GT Cobra First Impressions
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 10:25:42 AM »
Nicely put together nick, look forward to the next installment

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 07:09:29 PM »
Very interesting XS

Can I ask how much you weigh as I had a bit of a problem with the S type
I could bottom them straight out of the box (I tried 2 pairs) and they bottomed stopping from a run
I must admit the springs on them seem to last forever but I found them very doughy and unresponsive compared to all the other types but that might have been that I was to heavy for them
Looking forward to your next vid as 7's were King of the Stilts for a long time and a lot of people over here learned on them and loved them so would be nice to see them make a return
One last thing you say they are being sold at a premium what sort of difference in price are you talking about over there as that was what priced them out of the market over here

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline XS

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 09:56:04 PM »
I weigh ~84Kg  They cost almost twice as much as a set of CZs in the US.  
Top model (aluminum with cuffs) Air Trekker CZs are ~$350 shipped. 7's are $530 + ~$40 shipping.
Since the performance so far seems to be roughly equivalent, if they aren't twice as durable as a set of CZ then they're not worth it.

I'm bottoming them out, but not hard yet just a soft stop at the bottom, and I think its mostly cause my timing is crap from not bocking.  Still getting easily 5-6ft on those straddle jumps, and I feel like i have a lot to re-learn on my technique.

Update: For another data point. I had a pair of s-rex springs on my Poweriser frames in ~2009, at the time i weighed ~100kg and found them to be too soft.  I could only get ~ 4 ft of air from them and bottomed out constantly, where i could get ~5ft from PR90120 and bottomed out less harshly.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 11:05:52 PM by XS »

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 07:36:17 PM »
Yep sounds like you had the same thing as me on your first pair
All the lighter guys loved them but anything over 15st and they were too soft
I find that if you glue the CZ bushes in place they are super reliable and although I have had the odd spring break they have all been under warrenty and if they don't go straight away they seem to last ages

7's used to have fantastic hoofs that gripped well and lasted ages but the set my mate got seemed to have a different compound as they started wearing fairly quick and seperated from the hoof so hopefully they were a bad set or they have gone back to the original compound (If they changed it)

Oh and one last thing mate if that vid is you when your Rusty don't post a good one or I'll die of shame at my bocking  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 01:50:27 AM »
I liked the new ones when I tried them in France, although I tried the T's which were a bit soft for me. I think the new frames are a lot nicer than my old T's. The only problem was I tried a pair of speedjumpers right afterwards, and they were amazing.... although 3 times the price :/.