Author Topic: Just got my Pro's!  (Read 2386 times)

Offline arran105

Just got my Pro's!
« on: June 28, 2007, 01:14:46 PM »
well as the title reads, ive just got my first pro jumps, been on them for bout 20-30 mins hopping round the garden unaided, there really cool but squeak alot, anyone know anything i can do to stop the squeak? also there starting to rub just below my knee with that padded bar..any solutions?

Arran
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 01:16:58 PM by arran105 »

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
Re: Just got my Pro's!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 01:46:12 PM »
Spray with wd40 till squeak stops. Rubbing. Thats a bit like a pair of new shoes. You could go to a plumbers store and get some insulating foam and rap it aroundthe bar and secure with plumbers or hocky tape. Also the neoprene athletic knee supports work well too

But sounds like you will be able to make the big London meet in August :o)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 01:50:16 PM by Bbmthbloke »

Offline arran105

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 03:15:35 PM »
thanks, ill get that all sorted out. also does breaking the springs in really make a difference? its just as i ordered the pro's for 10kg above my weight there quite stiff at the moment, anyone shed light on this???

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 03:21:16 PM »
Yep they come a bit still. I kind of think its a good safty thing, cos means you can jump to high or run to fast.  How many hours have you been on them?

If it doesnt rain too much and you get on them a fair bit ---should be OK by the end of the weekend ;D

Offline t r o c

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 05:28:25 PM »
I guess the squeaking will stop after a bit of use and some WD40.

Offline arran105

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 05:38:22 PM »
Finaly got some good time on them today, great fun, and the looks i get are awesome, just wondering, it feels like the foot plates might be slightly loose as they seem to shake a lil bit when wearing them but not when i took the off to look, will tightening the screws fix this??

Arran

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 05:53:04 PM »
Tightening might help, atleast it cant do much harm. But do not use an electric screw driver. Ive seen pictures of some1 who did. They got tightened too much and split the plastic!

Ive not heard of loose foot plates. So I just bounce around a bit more 1st b4 doing too much.

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 11:27:33 AM »
well as the title reads, ive just got my first pro jumps, been on them for bout 20-30 mins hopping round the garden unaided, there really cool but squeak alot, anyone know anything i can do to stop the squeak? also there starting to rub just below my knee with that padded bar..any solutions?

Arran

You might want to try knee pads, the ones with the shin gaurd will do the trick. I think projump sell them.