Author Topic: Your Meet highlights  (Read 6223 times)

Dark Knight

Your Meet highlights
« on: August 21, 2007, 06:38:38 PM »
When you've been to a meet what things will you look back at and make you smile ?
And if you had to pick just one thing what would that be ?

Meeting old friends ?
Meeting NEW friends ?
Learning a new trick ?
Or maybe just being with a group ?
Or going some place you've never been ?

I've only been to the London meet ( You only have one first so make it a big one ).
And for me it was all of the above ... apart for old friends  ???
Your all new friend  ;D

If I had to pick one thing, it would all of us be seat on a wall outside Buck House  :)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Your Meet highlights
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 06:50:13 PM »
I've got 2

Emil and tundraH giving me enough courage to jump down the marble steps at Buck Palace (Thanks for all the tuition guys it was worth the journey on it's own)

And ET insisting I join in at Trafalgar sq and bouncing infront of all those people next to him (No doubt looking a complete pillock but feeling like I actually looked good  ;D ) Thanks ET

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 07:21:35 PM »
i think in front of buck house  all the tourist with their backs to the place  looking and taking pix of us.
Think about it ---London looked at us. Jono actually asked me  just before we got there 'what Buckingham palace looked like' I guess there were a few who were seeing Lodon 4 the 1st time

So it was throughout the day whilst we thought this is amazing  with this many bockers ( lets face it we could have spent the day in swindon [ no offence swindon]) London thought we were even more amazing. I know London well enuff  but it is just sooooooooooooooooooooooo different when you are a foot higher off the ground.

So for me it was a the slightly surreal 'nearly normal  but just a bit differentness' of it, we were in |London but not quite partof it

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 07:57:17 PM »
From Capital Bocking, I think the highlight has to be the fact there were so many people there. I just did a quick head count of a photo ET posted on the other forum (will be up here soon I suspect) and there were 67 people on bocks sat outside bockingham palace. That's just insane!

Also, meeting up with Bobman, Locky, ET, and my other friends who I've done a few meets with before was good... And finally getting to meet Emil! Who very kindly gave me a hand with the circlips on ET's bocks :)

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 08:00:50 PM »
that pix   buck house is at the edge     we R the centre ;D

And Yes Emil. He wasnt with us long enuff. He needed a few beers too ;D

Dark Knight

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 10:01:59 PM »
I think it must be a highlight for everyone and should be show on every Bocker website ! I'll never forget that moment even if/when next years meet is even bigger.

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 02:21:52 AM »
my favorite highlight from london is deffinatly meetin everyone and finally puttin a face to a forum name was good too finally see everyone even tho i didnt get to talk to everyone, but kanga bouncin down the street in london and have everyone move out the way and not get moody cause they had to was wkd. we made london stand still and dont think will ever beat the feelin of that day, if someone has the pic of everyone outside b'ham palace can they send me a pm so i can get it emailed to me please

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 08:52:29 AM »
I think for me its not so much meeting the people but its meeting the same type of people. HArd to explain but I think there are types of people that see these things and think wow they look cool and then there are people who think I GOTTA GET ME SOME OF THOSE. We are those sort of people and I've noticed that its something in the personality that we're all lively, incredibly friendly and a great bunch of people. It doesnt matter if a meet has just 6 people there or 69, its the same sort of feeling.

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 09:09:11 AM »
I was the first person to arrive at Speakers corner and it was tipping down with rain. I was stood under shelter thinking today is going to be a complete wash out, I couldn't have been more wrong. As people started to arrive and the numbers grew I knew whatever happened with the weather that day, it was going to be great. I guess getting my bocks fixed was one of my highlights but there were quite a few. Meeting the people I chat with on the forums but have never met was good.Finally getting to meet Zackis from Sweden ;D Having been to several meets I find I have found actually meeting the guys and girls you talk with online strengthens your bonds. I love this sport and seeing so many people having a blast together was the biggest highlight for me. I can't wait for next year in Cardiff it is the most awesome place to bock and it will blast London 07 out of orbit.

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 03:47:42 PM »
 I aggree ET meetin the guys and girls from the forum really has made the whole feel to the forum change it now feels more like a big group of freinds giving advice, and having abit of a laugh, meets seem to be coming up more often and there seems to be a huge amount more of intrest in the smaller meets too now. I cant wait till cardiff specially as i just found out an old freind lives about 8 miles from cardiff lol

Dark Knight

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 05:14:44 PM »
I was the first person to arrive at Speakers corner and it was tipping down with rain. I was stood under shelter thinking today is going to be a complete wash out, I couldn't have been more wrong.

So you must have missed me going back to McDonald's where I said I'd be ( that's why I had a big coat on )  ;D

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 05:38:17 PM »
I was the first person to arrive at Speakers corner and it was tipping down with rain. I was stood under shelter thinking today is going to be a complete wash out, I couldn't have been more wrong.

So you must have missed me going back to McDonald's where I said I'd be ( that's why I had a big coat on )  ;D

I went to McDonalds first didn't see you either place.....

Dark Knight

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 06:07:08 PM »
I went to McDonalds first didn't see you either place.....
Did I go  ???  ;D

Dark Knight

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 06:18:04 PM »
Like others have said we where Bocking around London but not London ?
We chatted with each others but hardly noticed normal poeple  :o
We where in OUR London thing where not quite right ???

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2007, 06:37:23 PM »

I really have no idea what you are saying there, it makes no sense to me at all.....can someone translate?

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 05:29:07 PM »
Here is my photo montage of the day ;D enjoy

[youtube=425,350]5QuSxaY4q6c[/youtube]

Dark Knight

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 06:31:32 PM »

I really have no idea what you are saying there, it makes no sense to me at all.....can someone translate?

Bbmthbloke

"So it was throughout the day whilst we thought this is amazing  with this many bockers ( lets face it we could have spent the day in swindon [ no offence swindon]) London thought we were even more amazing. I know London well enuff  but it is just sooooooooooooooooooooooo different when you are a foot higher off the ground.

So for me it was a the slightly surreal 'nearly normal  but just a bit differentness' of it, we were in |London but not quite partof it"

We know what we mean ?

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 06:48:22 PM »
Here is my photo montage of the day ;D enjoy

[youtube=425,350]pynlH64yLuU[/youtube]

OK someone pointed out a faux pas on my part....I missed out the JJ's and even the ground crew. A new slide show is rendering and will be posted soon

Sorry

EDIT: New slideshow now sorted
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 08:20:48 PM by English-tailor »