Author Topic: best tyre sox  (Read 10253 times)

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
best tyre sox
« on: August 22, 2007, 10:41:57 PM »
i know how to make tyre sox i was just wondering what tyres are best at it.

and also jason was using these metal things on his in london and had to tighten up tundraHs was just wondering what there called aswell please help me guys

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
Re: best tyre sox
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 10:43:07 PM »
jubilee clips

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 10:45:40 PM »
kool cheers ET anyone got a recomendation as to what sort of tyres to use aswell

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 10:49:28 PM »
looks like the stuff Jason uses is better wait for Colins feedback on it as the cost seems fairly similar and Jason may start selling them soon too.

Dark Knight

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 10:51:14 PM »
i know how to make tyre sox i was just wondering what tyres are best at it.

and also jason was using these metal things on his in london and had to tighten up tundraHs was just wondering what there called aswell please help me guys
Or do you mean A SCREWDRIVER  ;D

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 10:51:57 PM »
yea i saw jasons new stuff in london he couldnt recomend it highly enuf seemed to do the job well and didnt wear very quickly either tunraH said he had hardly anywhere on it and jasons only just really started to show signs and he had been using it alot longer so seems the way to go

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 11:11:32 PM »
It did perform well at london
Three of us went to the loo at speakers corner and I actually bounced in the tunnel on the way back (it was so low I had to bend over and do little jumps) but if you ask anyone that went through there it was slippy but the new stuff just gripped

The good news is I ordered some more yesterday (don't know how long before I get it )  as Paul and tundraH seemed to get on well with it and I didn't fall over (even on the wet marble at Buck Palace it was close though I even left a skid mark on the top step as I jumped) I will hopefully be able to supply some very soon

So as they say "Watch this space" ;D

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 11:36:59 PM »
ok kool jason wen u get it in put me down for a set of sox i cant pay by card as my bank have screwed my card up and wont give me a debit card woolwhich moved in with barcleys and barcleys wont give me a debit card can post the money to you tho if you give me your address

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 09:28:36 PM »
i have 2day managed to blag abit of a broken machine at work (i work in a bowlin alley) the part of the machine is called a Dizzy Belt it looks very similar to jasons new creation for sox i will be besting them out on monday in cambs and when im out and about over the next few days, they look abit more grippy then jasons may just be apperances i did how ever ''spill'' accidently of course water onto the floor in my house tiled lol and push the Dizzy Belt over the water stopped more or less instantly was very impressed could be a winner

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 04:18:31 PM »
Hey Rob, How Did the new tyre sox turn out? Cos if they were good, which they seemed to be, could i have some? cheers, Chocl8 ;D

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 07:04:22 PM »
yeh saw them and jasons sox are still working a treat on my lovely legs!! been out on grass few more times including today and they hardly worn their awesome thanks again for them jason =)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 08:24:34 PM »
Your welcome Paul
Thanks for testing them (and getting them in the papers  ;D)
You do realise your famous now can I have your autograph  ;)

I've had a couple more hours on mine and they are still not worn out
Hopefully the next batch should arrive soon

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2007, 08:32:28 PM »
yes i will be doing a autograph signing session at the next large scale meet.
i will sign any thing / part of body for the right price =)
and yeh as you let me test them i had to at least get them in the paper didnt i

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2007, 10:30:20 PM »
Hey yea they worked really well on the grass couldnt blive it they work reasonably well on tarmac and concrete havnt used other sox so cant give a comparison, the last of the lot i had i have fitted to mattt and glens bocks for them to test aswell should be able to get another lot if they think they work well will give you a set

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2007, 10:22:58 PM »
Cheers, I've got a set on now, of jus normal tyres, which seem to be working well, i can't believe the difference anyway, now i can sprint on grass (dry~ish) so if your stuff is even better i can't wait! no need for urgency tho so tis all gd in the hood  ;D

Dark Knight

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2007, 10:23:25 AM »
Not tried it but last night I brought a RED bike tyre, something different  :)

Offline lurchenstien

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2007, 12:50:08 AM »
I think a KHE Premium tyre would be great on road. I run them on my bmx and unicycle, have done since the tyre was released, and they grip like poo on a stick. lol.

the only down side is the price on them, but I got one spare so i'll make up some tyre sox and let y'all know how they handle.

L.

Offline rickbicker26

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2007, 12:54:13 AM »
I think a KHE Premium tyre would be great on road. I run them on my bmx and unicycle, have done since the tyre was released, and they grip like poo on a stick. lol.

the only down side is the price on them, but I got one spare so i'll make up some tyre sox and let y'all know how they handle.

L.

poo on a  stick comes of pretty quick if you flick it somewhere or at someone lol.

oh and i'm going to try and cut up an old car tyre as my step dad owns a garage and got loads of old tyres left over that he has to pay to get removed so i'd get loads of free tyre socks if i figure a way how to get them on some bocks ;D
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 12:55:47 AM by rickbicker26 »

Offline lurchenstien

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2007, 12:59:16 AM »
Lol, well there is that, lol. I did think of car tyres, they'd last well, but i'm not sure they'd be good to work with with the metal casing beneath the tread.

I do have a couple of motor bike tyres somewhere, so could look into that too.

Offline araya213

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2007, 11:05:24 AM »
I picked up a mountain board tyre for a tenner including the innertube.  The tyre when cut exactly in 4 seems to fit perfectly over the hoof! Bike tyres are about 2 inches wide, the hoofs are 2.5 inches wide, as are the board tyres.  I will play about with different attachment methods, but the rubber is thick and very grippy.  The only bugger is cutting them, as they have a steel belt, which required a bit of effort (effort? nooooooo!) to cut with a hacksaw. Some more expensive board tyres come in blue and red for those that like colours i.e. me!
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional.

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2007, 01:13:49 PM »
i migfht try get some of those tyres :P i hgonna see if tder any been chuked out i can borrow   ::)  :P

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline lurchenstien

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2007, 09:43:03 PM »
I made up a set of tyre sox using the KHE tyre I mentioned, seems ok, but i'm not goin mad on my PJ's yet as I noticed bit of a bad looking chip in one of the springs.

Either way i'll get some pics up.

L.

Offline sonic650

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2008, 11:01:36 PM »
No idea what is best as I am a 45yr old newbie, but I cut up an old mountain bike tyre and used four screws to fix each sock to each hoof . Another forum member had suggested nailing the tyres the hooves but I didnt fancy trying to nail rubber to something similar to rubber. I cut the metal hoops out the tyre and this made it much easier to manipulate.  So far seems to have worked well but I KNOW NOTHING!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2008, 11:13:36 PM »
No lol you seem to know lots :D Keep it up!

Dark Knight

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2008, 11:52:54 PM »
Took less than 10 hours to make a hole in my hoof  :o
Made my first pair day before CB and never checked them until the day !
http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=218