Author Topic: Popped into my local Sports centre --Oh WOW  (Read 6306 times)

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
Popped into my local Sports centre --Oh WOW
« on: September 02, 2007, 03:20:21 PM »
Right we need a gym on the South Coast here. Minimike had told me that the 'littledown centre' were cool about the idea. He does Parkour there and had showed them his bocks and asked if they would be OK. Well I emailed them ages ago but got no reply. As a result a few of us had a meet in a rather drab down at heel gym in Poole.

Well I popped into the Littledown centre today. Littledown I should tell you is big Very big , council owned it has Olympic sized poole tube rides biggest 5 aside football league in the country 100's of classes a week, you get the idea. Went up to the customer services counter ( holding  a stilt as an example). Told the lady I was interested in hiring a bit of their hall. Looking at my stilt she replied 'oo I dont know if we would allow them'. Then getting up she becconed me to follow. She took me to a manager. This didnt seem so good after all.

But no, this was so gooood. This lady took 1 look at my stilt and just couldnt stop apologising - for not replying to my email! It was summer hols and there had been lots of stuff happening. Yes we could use the place but she had a couple of reservations.! Arggg heard that before. The Sports hall floor (ahh yes marks -- I was ready with solutions). 'Would it be OK for you -its concrete covered in a rubber composite?' Wow - she was worried we wouldnt want their floor ( oh and the floor looks kind of perfect btw). Also they were a very busy place, but we agreed weekends would be best but if there was a large event we would be forced to cancel or rescedule. So that seems pretty good, she saw problems  but only for us not her. But now it gets really good I think.

She said she had sent my email onto another sports centre that they managed ( Oh btw both are within a mile of me --any1 starting to hate me yet? ;D). This wasnt as busy so might be able to fit us in better. Also they were looking into the possibility of introducing classes in bocking!!!!!!

However, on furthur chatting that has been put back a lil as I pointed out that no formal coaching qualifications existed, thus there were insurance and legal hitches. But I think they can be looked into a sorted. But folks this is a local government owned ( tho private company runs it) seriously looking at starting classes in this.

Additionally the lady said they were looking for some entertainment for bonfire nite --might we be able to help?

Please add to that a nice email from another bit of Bournemouth council saying there are no H&S problems as far as they are concerned and we can bounce where we like. 1 policeman leaning out of his patrol carry and shouting at me to do tricks and 2 other pulling up getting out of their car to chat and think pro jumps are great and wanting to know all about them.

Is Bournemouth not the most Bocker-friendly town in the country?

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
Re: Popped into my local Sports centre --Oh WOW
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 03:36:11 PM »
well done on sorting out a gym. JJ's will be fliptastic in no time at all ;D

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 03:43:28 PM »
well we can hope

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 03:57:12 PM »
Hey thats really cool Q

I think your council are probably the most Bock friendly in the country anyway and have used people on bocks in their events too which non of the fuddy duddy councils would even entertain due to h&s issues.

Well done  ;)

« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 03:59:41 PM by webmaster »

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 04:38:40 PM »
marry me and then ill move their!

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 04:45:05 PM »
 im too old for u :'(  but you can be my houseboi anytime  ;D

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 04:47:47 PM »
consider it done ill grab my suitcase and be with you tomorrow!

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2007, 05:27:48 PM »
whats to pack ??? :o

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2007, 05:34:19 PM »

******* and **** might be a good start ;D

* edited the post as we have quite a lot of young members - I'm sure Q will be able to fill in the blanks
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 05:48:24 PM by webmaster »

Offline x_Rave_Dave_x

• www.myspace.com/dave_5674
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 06:04:47 PM »
all my shops let me in on mine was walknig thru westgate today (big shopping mall type thingy) and the gaurd guy came up to me i thought s**t, but he goes oh cool what tricks can you do so i said a few and he goes awsome can i see some done so we went outside and i did a few also i said to him that is it ok if i can come thru westgate on them and he goes yer its fine they dont have wheels and they are secure to your legs they are ok to come in with lol its the same with all the other shops only grumpy guys are tesco but the gaurds love them still ;D

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2007, 06:22:10 PM »
cool dave  i think  that is a 1st re a shopping mall. In a cardiff mall 1 bocker ( 4get who) when being told ( about 4 metres from the exit having gone all thru the place) he couldnt use his stilts and had to get off um----- bagged a piggy back of a ground crew ;D Its just cos we look dangerous -but aint. And some gaurds are better than other . Me and tundraH were in westquey in southampton last week (biggest inner city shopping mall in europe im told) the security person didnt really want us there but was really kind and polite and skillfully suggested where we should go when we asked directions ( it turned out to be the nearest exit ;D) but hey I liked him , he did a difficult job well.

ET yep 1 corrupte site prob enuff ;D.  Tho not sure why 'duffel coat'and 'cardigan' needed to be x'd out ???

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2007, 10:18:56 PM »
duffelk coats rule! i used 2 have 2 wear one, and before ne1 askes im nt drunk, so :P mkuahahahajajaa suckersd!!!!!!!!  ;D

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2007, 10:27:16 PM »
ur drunk  ;D

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2007, 11:38:37 PM »

******* and **** might be a good start ;D

* edited the post as we have quite a lot of young members - I'm sure Q will be able to fill in the blanks

and safe sex education is off limits to them?..... what a sensible idea

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2007, 11:39:23 PM »
Excellent news Q, well done mate and this should also be a fine example to other people to get out there and really hunt hard for nice indoor places for this new sport!

Offline x_Rave_Dave_x

• www.myspace.com/dave_5674
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2007, 12:33:56 AM »
lol when its wet use the house thats a indoor place XD