Author Topic: Easyier Flip  (Read 16249 times)

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
Re: Easyier Flip
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2008, 11:31:28 AM »
What happens if its a bad day?  :D, and short answer no, because its so different. :)

Offline da_monk

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2009, 06:35:10 PM »
backs are obviously easier

a) you can spot your landing way before your feet are near the ground
b) just easier to throw it and hang

.. fronts take a little more to think about.. gotta prepare my mind atm to do fronts, and you cant spot your landing like you can with a back.

ye backs is easier  but i found it fills safer to do front  i dont no why tho lol

i started fliping on my feet umm   i dono  iv allways done it lol

Offline acroair

• acroair.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2009, 10:05:29 PM »
ye backs are mentaly harder but physicaly easyer
    fronts are mentaly easyer but physicaly harder

it all is just about the confidence !

Offline dannyboy

• Did Some1 Say Bocking? *BoingBoing*
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2009, 12:00:35 AM »
One Day if i Pluck Up The Courage Or Buy a Mat Ill Do a Flip On Bocks I Can Do Front On Tampoline But Im Too Scared To Do Back Cos Ur Neck Is UnProtected And 1 Slip And *Snap* Gonner
\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Live Hard!\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Bock Harder!/
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Dark Knight

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2009, 12:04:26 AM »
One Day if i Pluck Up The Courage Or Buy a Mat Ill Do a Flip On Bocks I Can Do Front On Tampoline But Im Too Scared To Do Back Cos Ur Neck Is UnProtected And 1 Slip And *Snap* Gonner
Your best bet is to go to a gym meet where other would be more than happy to help you :)

Offline Tom H

« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2009, 11:06:22 PM »
I personaly disagree with the whole backflip being easier then frontflip thing.
I am able to do front flips from standstill, on my feet of cause, and even befor I could successull do them still found the rotation and the prospect of landing easier. I have always failed every atempt to do a backflip. May just be my technique or something. However I have tryed fromtflips on my bocks, on to a crash mat. I actualy found it a faily smooth sensation with none of the panic that I had orriginaly antisopated. I wasn't successully landing them however. It was within my first month of having my pro jumps, so I wasn't getting much height, and the crash matt was thick, about a foot heigh, meaning it was harder to land. I wasn't far off however and was landing on the hooves, I was to leant back though.
I would recomend any one with reasonable experiance on bocks to give flipping a try, in a controled environent, as I esure you it is mainly a confidance thing and once you have attempted one you will want to try another.
I'm probabaly not the best person to be saying this as I myself am still unable to perform a flip on bocks. I havnt had much axsess to a crash mat.

I appolagise for any spelling errors, I'm also another dyslexic.
Thought I would at that in wile the topic is presant. 

Offline TheGingerThreat

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2009, 10:53:03 PM »
I'm pretty sure the confidence differential between front and back flips is mainly to do with three things. First, you can get a running start for a front flip, which gives you more lift. For a back flip, the best you can do is start with a roundoff (a cartwheel that you land with both feet and facing the direction you started from), which does help a lot. Second, you can't see where you're going when you take off from a back flip. You actually get a clear view of your landing on a back flip as opposed to a front flip but when you're standing ready to do the flip you can't see where you're going at all. Third, when you see things going wrong with a front flip, it is landing on your butt or, at worst, on your back. When you see things going wrong with a back flip, it is landing on your neck and being paralyzed or killed. I'm pretty sure this is not significantly more likely than with a front flip (and improbable with either) but the fear remains until you can actually make yourself do one and experience first-hand that it's not going to happen. Unfortunately, that fear is exactly what makes flips dangerous because bailing out of a flip halfway is the way to hurt yourself badly.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2009, 11:01:04 PM »
There is another way...

Jason's way

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member