Author Topic: New Generation Pro-Jumps --> Pro-Jump Elites  (Read 67679 times)

Offline x_Rave_Dave_x

• www.myspace.com/dave_5674
Re: New Generation Pro-Jumps --> Pro-Jump Elites
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2007, 10:54:09 PM »
i join in :)

1.dark knight
2.Hybrid_hex
3.X_Rave_Dave_x

(only for a bit of fun not a real que lol)
just incase people think its a real one  :D

Offline BlackStorm

• www.youtube.com/dulwichstudios
    • Dulwich Studios
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2007, 05:44:57 PM »
me too:

1.dark knight
2.Hybrid_hex
3.X_Rave_Dave_x
4.BlackStorm

this could be a flop or get wildly out of hand ;D
Jump High, Run Fast, Bock Forever! And Now I Can Too!

Dark Knight

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2007, 06:42:27 PM »
me too:

1.dark knight
2.Hybrid_hex
3.X_Rave_Dave_x
4.BlackStorm

this could be a flop or get wildly out of hand ;D
I started this as a joke ! We'll all have to wait for the order I was just pointing out that there's people who's waitting to grab a pair when the order comes  ;D

Offline x_Rave_Dave_x

• www.myspace.com/dave_5674
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2007, 08:53:51 PM »
i know as i joined in and said this is only for fun and is not a real que lol so everyone join in :P

Offline BlackStorm

• Dulwich Studios
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2007, 02:22:13 PM »
lol same. it's just fun.

mind u i do have a friend who once told me he loved his computer cause all his friends live in it. wait...am i turning into him. oh god!  :o 

Offline Justinthe1st

• I wanna learn flips !
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2007, 09:12:51 PM »
hey do you guys recon i cudpart exchange my normal pro jumps i have at the mo for a new elite pair ??  and oviously pay the difference!!  how much more do u recon i wud have to pay for the elites aswell if i was to part exchange ???

cheers
justin

Dark Knight

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2007, 10:48:19 PM »
hey do you guys recon i cudpart exchange my normal pro jumps i have at the mo for a new elite pair ??  and oviously pay the difference!!  how much more do u recon i wud have to pay for the elites aswell if i was to part exchange ???

cheers
justin

Do what I'm planing sell them to a mate and buy Elites.
Or sell on EBAY, most go for about £100 !?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 12:21:19 AM by Dark Knight »

Offline araya213

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2007, 12:57:45 PM »
I would keep my current PJs as a spare pair, and have the Elites as my main pair! Always good to have a spare!
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional.

Offline TOM SAVAGE

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2007, 09:19:49 PM »
i was really looking forward to the pro jumps but now the elites are coming out i dunno weather to w8 or just get pro jumps  ??? .but still... i can't wait ;D
if we stop bouncing, gravity wins!

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2007, 09:20:38 PM »
The Elites are still a few months away at the very least  ;)

Dark Knight

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2007, 11:36:05 PM »
The Elites are still a few months away at the very least  ;)
May not be able to wait for Elites  ???
I'm still keeping my pro-jumps ... months !? Well you have to be happy if your going to sell them just .... months  ???

Offline Joe Legg

• What goes up! Must come down!
    • www.PushYourLimits.co.uk
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2007, 09:05:15 AM »
I was looking for a new pair for myself, but is there any specs on it yet, like how it might compare to other makes?

E-Mail: joe@pushyourlimits.co.uk
Latest Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3mB5yxMHjE

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2007, 09:13:56 AM »
Have a look at the following thread as you can see them in action http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1062.msg12410#msg12410

Upon our tests we found that they do give a better performance than the current versions as they are much lighter but there was a few things we didn't like so we are hoping to rectify that before selling them.

We think its not a good idea to rush them out until we are happy with them  ;)

Offline XS

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2007, 06:34:43 PM »
I got a chance to try out the current Upwing (elite's name for USA) prototype this weekend, here's some pro's and cons based on my test run. 
just a few details to get out of the way.
I weight 89kg, i was on M90 80-90 kg springs, right before i tried them i was trying out velocity stilts (yeah the $3000 ones), it was a good weekend.

they're definately the lightest bock i've worn, and i've worn every thing from velocities to poweriSers to poweriZers, the upwings are lighter.

There are a few oddities about the upwing, the hoof is farther forward (the spring is about 3 inches longer(i think that's the right number) compared to other bocks so where as it was under the middle of your foot before it is now under the front of your foot, this constantly makes you lean forward to keep your center of gravity over the hoof. This feels really weird at first, you don't notice much once you start jumping, i've been told this makes flips feel weird by a fellow bocker there who did flip them.

Also the cuffs strapped up nicely , but the weird foam bits in the cuff rub like crazy and if you are not wearing long pants of full wrap knee pads, they hurt like hell i could only wear them for about 15 mins and my calves were burning with pain.  This was echoed by the others who tried them out with shorts and no knee pads, those with pants said they were fine.

The foot bindings were surprisingly more secure than they looked, but i was only on them for 15mins so i can't really say they might not loosen in extended bocking sections, they also have some velcro on there that is meant to hold down the extra strap but it only seems to line up if you have extremely large feet, cause they were too long for my size 12 shoe.  The velcro doesn't do anything, just stops a bit from flapping around.

I don't know how many hours were put in on the pair i was using, but the hoof was worn a significant amount, more than my current pair of 2007 poweriSers and the upwings definately didn't have as much use time as mine have.  So hoof wear still looks to be a problem. :(

The other big thing i didn't like was when i try to jump my legs feel like my knees are being forced apart from each other, it was uncomfortable and awkward. I'm not sure why this is, and others did notice the same thing.

One thing to note was that i was using M90 springs, i'm 89kg ish and i wasn't comfortable trying to bottom them out due to the weird knee pressure.  I felt that i was getting good height for the spring, but i really don't know how high i was going with only half to 3/4 compression. 

One great thing about them is they were dead quiet, and all the pivots look very solid so that doesn't seem like they'll squeak like other bocks.

To get a real feel for them I'd need more time on them but an initial impression is they're a solid desgin with a few minor issues a few potential flaws, but its yet to be seen if those flaws like the bolt through the spring will really be a problem.

one more flaw is the spring protection, it's cloth, and shreds fairly quickly, apparently they come with a wax pencil or something so you can draw on them, no one knows why.

They do really have magnets in the cuff inserts, they claim it helps circulation or something silly, it's all a joke to me.

wow long post, that's all i got for now.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2007, 07:07:42 PM »
Thanks for a good review on these Nick

Here's my personal take on it...

I weight 89kg, i was on M90 80-90 kg springs, right before i tried them i was trying out velocity stilts (yeah the $3000 ones)
Again on these I would be recommending people to go at least 10kg higher.
Oh and you are lucky things getting to try the VMS out - You must be in an elite minority now! 8)

There are a few oddities about the upwing, the hoof is farther forward (the spring is about 3 inches longer...
Our testers didn't mention this but I will try to get their thoughts on this point for you. They actually thought these were much more easier to use and felt more natural.

Also the cuffs strapped up nicely , but the weird foam bits in the cuff rub like crazy...
Actually our testers said the following about that too: "The extra padding inside the calf cuff is not necessary and digs into your legs if you use whilst wearing shorts"

Luckily the Magnetic Foam Padding comes off so if you don't like it and you have shorts on just take it off. Its recommended you use Knee Pads with these as it will fill the gap and make it feel a lot more secure.

The foot bindings were surprisingly more secure than they looked...
Again we agree on this totally, our testers did found these very comfortable however thought the strap itself was too long. Having good quality snowboard bindings on these would Rock though  ;)

... but the hoof was worn a significant amount...

The ones our testers tested had a black hoof but they thought it looks different and longer lasting - only time will tell and I will be disappointed if its not been rectified.

one more flaw is the spring protection
Yeah you're right... I thought it looks good but won't do the job - the protection does need to be better.

...but an initial impression is they're a solid design with a few minor issues a few potential flaws, but its yet to be seen if those flaws like the bolt through the spring will really be a problem.
There is a few flaws in the design and I wouldn't recommend anyone with the prototypes to do stunts on them. The design is very solid and they are very well made. Also they aren't noisy which is great!

I think personally that if the few issues that need sorting are sorted adequately then this will be an excellent product.

Woah I think thats one of my longest posts  :o

Naz

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2007, 08:39:26 PM »
thanks to you both. I think the perfect stilts( besides the $3K velocity stilts -- tho as the dollar is going they are getting more and more affordable  ;D) would be a bit from all brands, just like mountain biking.

Fab that the 1st knowlegable review is from XS. He is a great bouncer, is dedicated to this sport and is totally unbiased ( I hwould h8 to say a bad word to peeps I like who sell this things -so never ask me what to buy). Also has no interest in the UK market ---the test he refers to were in New York City last weekend ( I couldnt get time off work so couldnt bit bullet and spend money and go grrr)

But fingers crossed he gets to post some video , 1 guy was flipping on a traffic island in time square -till the NYPD asked him to move on. Also there may be a rare siting of the lesser spotted 'BillC' , now he is theman who invented the 'tyre sox' which many of you use.   

So XS  when you get some  post the vids x

Offline XS

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2007, 04:05:00 AM »
sry but i've got no vids of the upwings, it was dark by the time we got to them and my cam doesn't work in the dark. the vid of the rest of the day is all on the guys from getjumpingstilts.  As for velocities being the perfect stilt i'd have to disagree, and i think their owner would too, the springs are glorious, but the rest of the stilt, its a powerskip with cuffs and different food bindings, not worth and extra $1.8k.  I think being on them has convinced me that i need to get the money for skip springs but Skip frames are not for me, the support rods were so close together that they crushed my foot.  I'll stick with my PR 2007's with skip springs as my dream bock of the moment.

Offline urbantricker

• Front Flip at Southsea
    • Urban Tricking
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2007, 11:05:50 AM »
Pro Jump Elites!!!! I cant wait!

Offline nofear

• im skyhigh ya ya
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2007, 04:36:35 AM »
i cant wait, i think i will get them

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2007, 01:22:38 PM »
whats actually diffrent apart from they look lighter

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline tonyfoster

• me jumping
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2007, 09:12:06 PM »
wow! they look amazing light and incredable

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2007, 10:25:17 PM »
Thanks Tony and welcome to the forum  :)

Offline BlackStorm

• Dulwich Studios
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2007, 04:48:15 PM »
great lots of new info!!! i've been away for too long  ;D

BS

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2007, 05:48:43 PM »
Naz, you got any new news on these?

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2007, 05:58:10 PM »
We still waiting on the manufaturer to change them & implement the recommendation. Looking like a few months at the very least  >:(