Author Topic: Bockersback Oww.  (Read 5209 times)

Offline t r o c

Bockersback Oww.
« on: September 08, 2007, 09:04:33 AM »
I last bocked on tuesday,  and i didnt feel anything untill thursday. I was planning to go to the beach today on my bocks but i can hardly stand up! How long untill it gets better?

Offline steve76

Re: Bockersback Oww.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 10:21:28 AM »
2-4 days for me :)
staying off your bocks completely helps lots,
orr.. if you want to heal really really quickly..
jump in a bath with lots and lots of ice, and stay in there for a minute :D

steve.

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 10:47:29 AM »
To help prevent bockers back you should do stretches after bocking. That should minimise the effects of bockers back

Dark Knight

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 11:39:29 AM »

steve.
NO DON'T DO IT !

The body is so efficient at using circulation to heat cooled areas and to cool hot tissues that localized heating and cooling treatments do not penetrate any deeper than about one centimetre. This is very useful in knee or ankle injuries, for instance, where the damaged structures are often just under the skin. But the low back is a deep ocean of muscle and impossible to heat or cool to any depth. In most low back pain, if there is any inflammation at all it occurs around the vertebral joints, which are the deepest structures in the back: far deeper than either heating or cooling can reach.

Here the full details.
http://saveyourself.ca/articles/ice-exception.php

Offline steve76

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 12:46:08 PM »
ahaaa.. well it works for lots of other places :) lesson learnt.

steve

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 02:30:50 PM »

steve.
NO DON'T DO IT !

The body is so efficient at using circulation to heat cooled areas and to cool hot tissues that localized heating and cooling treatments do not penetrate any deeper than about one centimetre. This is very useful in knee or ankle injuries, for instance, where the damaged structures are often just under the skin. But the low back is a deep ocean of muscle and impossible to heat or cool to any depth. In most low back pain, if there is any inflammation at all it occurs around the vertebral joints, which are the deepest structures in the back: far deeper than either heating or cooling can reach.

Here the full details.
http://saveyourself.ca/articles/ice-exception.php

that all depends on wether there is actually inflamation, when I had lower back pain I had inflamation and had to take anti inflamatories (sp) and ice my back every 2hrs. That's what was reccomended by my very excellent physiotherapist......

Dark Knight

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 03:57:26 PM »
I like it when poeple use "Deep Heat" and say it helps  :-\
In help you mean when you rub in on your massaging the area and getting the blood flowing.
I sometime need something for inflammation in my ankle, a cold foot bath just numbs the my foot  :-\
But if you say it works for you ....
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 05:36:25 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 04:59:38 PM »
I help help you mean when you rub in on your massaging the area and getting the blood flowing.
I sometime need something for infloamation in my ankle, a cold foot bath just numbs the my foot  :-\
Those sentences are really confusing....

Dark Knight

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 05:38:23 PM »
I help help you mean when you rub in on your massaging the area and getting the blood flowing.
I sometime need something for infloamation in my ankle, a cold foot bath just numbs the my foot  :-\
Those sentences are really confusing....

Sorry when I start to type at speed some words double up ?

Offline ickle-nick

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 09:24:10 PM »
My back has been hurting since last weekend  :'(

It's been dodgy since about 15 years ago when I messed it up badly and had to have an operation.

Anti-inflammatories during the day and alcohol in the evening is taking the edge off  :P (not recommended in your case)

I've recently started trying to bounce high in the air which caused lots of flailing around which set it off. It's annoying because I have a feeling it's going to severely limit how much I can do.

In the past I've found that core strength exercises are very helpful. Yoga and Pilates are good, if you're feeling athletic you could try a regime like this one:
http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/cms/article-detail.asp?articleid=486
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 09:39:41 PM by ickle-nick »

Offline t r o c

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2007, 03:00:36 PM »
Thanks for the help, it feels a bit better today!