Author Topic: First steps...  (Read 10411 times)

Offline Eddie

First steps...
« on: September 15, 2007, 02:09:15 PM »
Hey guys, I'm new to Powerizers, and have a few questions I'd really appreciate to have answered:

1) As there were no instructions in the box, what's the correct way to put them on? I'm assuming bindings to the left, both lower straps over the foot, and upper strap around the back of the knee joint?

2) The foot strap closest to the ankle doesn't seem so tight, is there a way of getting it tighter? The knee joint strap coupled with the black foam knee protector doesn't seem so tight either, is this deliberate?

3) When standing with them on, shifting my weight causes them to creak a lot, is this normal? Will it subside?

4) Is there anything I need to do (mechanics-wise) to prepare the Powerizers for use?

Cheers all.

Offline steve76

Re: First steps...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 02:47:37 PM »
my right one creaks alot too, apparently you just need to spray them with wd40, they should be fine :).. as for other bits... im not great at the adjusting part...and as for bouncing and stuff.. walk before you run.. and it'l take a while before they get loose enough to get any heigh on.. just walk lots with a slight bounce :)

steve.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 03:43:16 PM »
Hey Eddie

Welcome to the forum :)

Manual
If you brought your self a pair of pro-jumps there should be a manual in the box, if there isn't please email dan@ukgooddeals.com with your name, address and order number & request one and he will get one posted out to you.

Straps
You've more or less figured out how to strap your self in - just make sure that the straps are on the out side so you don't get them caught with each other.

If the straps are not tight enough you can adjust this by using the second hole on the foot straps (see picture below)

Knee Bar
The knee bar problem is a common one and theres a few ways to rectify this:
1. Use some knee pads (the pit dirt ones are ideal for this)
2. Use additional foam and tape to pad the area out more (picture below for how Carl did his)

3. Use the straps to get a secure fit

Other things you may want to do

1) Taping your springs - this will protect your springs from scuffs, marks and dents! See Steve's springs below: Just wrapping a few layers of duck of hockey tape will do the trick. some people have also popped over a bike inner tube cover first :)

2) Protecting your rubber feet - Make tyre socks - read the following threads for more details:
Make your own socks  thread - http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=789.0
Jasons tyre socks for sale - http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1002.0

Hope this helps and happy jumping :)

Offline Eddie

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 04:02:11 PM »
Fantastic, guys, thanks a lot. I appreciate that.

Dark Knight

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 05:27:22 PM »
Knee Bar
The knee bar problem is a common one and theres a few ways to rectify this:

Coughs loudly. Not for everyone ( I'd like more room )  ;D

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 05:48:52 PM »
Oh well the only exception we know of is DK who has massive muscles so he keeps telling us  ;D

Offline steve76

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 08:24:46 PM »
aww i feel special naz :P putting up mine as an example :D haha...
what about those straps.. the ones attatched to the knee bar ripped off when i used them..? or maybe that was because i think the guy i bought them off superglued them in lol :P

steve.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 08:59:04 PM »
My ones havent really moved tbh and they still fine, mind you I've not used them much at all  :-[

Having said that its much better if you use the straps that came with the stilts if you got some or buying some of pinhead's straps which you can buy of him for about £21

Becky's wearing them in the picture below:

Offline steve76

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2007, 12:10:47 AM »
ahh yes mine just tore out.. now i just tie them off with a long bit of material :).. works alright but comes loose everynow and then .. oh yeah.. tbh naz.. i havent used mine much too :P although i suppose your alot busier then me :) so you have an excuse :)

steve.

Dark Knight

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2007, 01:48:37 AM »
Oh well the only exception we know of is DK who has massive muscles so he keeps telling us  ;D
If I push my leg in the hoop and tense my calf I can just about lift it  :o  ;D

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2008, 11:05:56 AM »
Eddie

I am also new to this, Naz thanks for the info on tightening the straps. mine are  alittle loose around the ankle.

I found i caught the springs when running. I have protected them using Hocky stick tape. This provides a cushioning and does not seem to have affected the flex.
Grow old disgracefully

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2008, 06:57:30 PM »
To add to the first post we now also have a downloadable manual available which will be updated more freqently than the printed ones http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1247.0 this gives general help and also has diagrams.

Offline Ghosti

• Sup
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 08:04:06 PM »
Hi can some1 please help me sort out my Pro jumps. it says that the knee bar should be just under my knee but when i jump it hurts the back of my leg, how low should it be!?...
There is a gap between the back of my leg and the pad, how i get rid of it!?..
Where can i get pads and things to put around my legs. (not knee pads, got them) something that makes it mor comfortable!?..
When i jump reli high it strains the back of my leg,(the back of the knee strap) is there anything more flexable that i can use, Knee bar is a bit chuncky for my liking!?..

Sorry if i sound reli picky but i just paied lots of money for these and i wont to make them perfect  :biggrin:

any help/sugestions would be great please :thumbs:

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2008, 08:33:53 PM »
Hi can some1 please help me sort out my Pro jumps. it says that the knee bar should be just under my knee but when i jump it hurts the back of my leg, how low should it be!?...

The ideal place for most is so that the kneebar is resting just underneath you kneecap, however once you become more familiar with your stilts you will then realise what your best resting place for the bar is - Some people like it quite high up where as others prefer it a few cm's below the knee cap.

You could try raising your footplate:
Here's two ways of doing it,

Gillybert used double sided tape on foam for his method (you could even use flip flops)!
http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=370

Or you could even do it the way PinHead69 did it with mdf
http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1149.0

Or you could just put some foam at the top of your springs.

There is a gap between the back of my leg and the pad, how i get rid of it!?..

Is this the kind of gap you mean:

Don't worry thats pretty normal and it has been discussed here

Where can i get pads and things to put around my legs. (not knee pads, got them) something that makes it mor comfortable!?..

You can pad out your knee bars, in the past people have used
pipe insulation

swimming noodles

or you can try PinHeads method too which you can find on the following thread http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1154.0

Some people also tape it, in a similar way as you wrap your springs.

When i jump reli high it strains the back of my leg,(the back of the knee strap) is there anything more flexable that i can use, Knee bar is a bit chuncky for my liking!?..

The knee strap just needs to be comfortable, don't over tighten it. You should have a read of the following thread regarding knee straps http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1395.0 - theres also Zeldalfires do it yourself strap option to which can be found here http://www.bockmodz.com/tut1.html

Offline Ghosti

• Sup
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2008, 09:44:23 PM »
Wow good answer  :biggrin: :thumbs: :biggrin: ill get right on it. thanx for the help, ill make the mods and then post back if i still have problems.

thanx  :thumbs:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2008, 09:55:11 PM »
Ghosti
Get some Pit Dirt knee pads they make the knee bars comfy and fill out some of the space (and protect you)

The plus point is they look really cool to also if you put the pads on and then adjust the bar to the join on the pads they are just right

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline Ghosti

• Sup
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2008, 01:06:35 PM »
Are they the ones you can get of ths site coz ive already ordered them...

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2008, 01:13:59 PM »
They sell pit dirt ones on the site and a few onthers too. Just check what you have ordered. Should be on an email somewhere  :thumbs: