Author Topic: A really totalled spring!!  (Read 2713 times)

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
A really totalled spring!!
« on: September 23, 2007, 06:44:44 PM »
I was doing a charity walk for Great Ormand Street Hospital today, and had my spring snap on me. The snap is just wrong, as the spring snapped, it did not stay as one piece, but has snapped into two pieces, and almost sent me into a wall, and damn lucky not to end up in the Thames. There was no noise when it snapped, just went straight under me, as I was doing little kanga hops!!

Am I entitled to a new set of springs, as I think it may be a defect in the material, used to make the spring of, as I am scared to using the other spring again, just in case it does go, and puts me into very grave danger!!

Naz give me a free replacement set, I will post images of snapped spring soon, also need set of new white blocks, they have gone as well, in the great spring snapping
Colin could not have snapped a spring as good as me, lol  ::)

Fire is good!
But Fire is better when you are spinning or breathing it!
Burn Scars are for life!
Chicks dig dudes with cool burn scars!

Dark Knight

Re: A really totalled spring!!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 06:54:50 PM »
Sorry to hear that.
I don't think there's much you can do but saying that I've just look under my springs rubber and it's had some filler put on the spring !?

I could have come today brother changed his plans  >:(

Any idea how much they've rasied ?

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: A really totalled spring!!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 08:16:48 PM »
Hey sx nutta

Sorry to hear about your spring breaking but to be honest as you've had them for quite a bit not even my best attempt to grab you a freebie will work.

If theres a defect in the spring it will usually break in your first few hours of use. We rarely get this type of breakage's but when we do they are replaced for the customer.

Although in every case where I've come across spring breakages they usually don't go in one go like you have described, however I only deal with people who approach me through the forum and the guys at the office have more experience so you could give them a call on 01772 792 600. But I honestly don't think you will get a free replacement  :-\